The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

17 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I think a lot of us are making mountains out of mole hills if you're judging that interview to be snubbing Jack

Agreed, but I can tell you for a fact (actually ITK) that Southgate really doesn’t like him. Rates him as a player but doesn’t like him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It does feel like the rest of the world is finally waking up. 

He has got better but he's still basically the same Jack Grealish. 

I've got a feeling he may get a few minutes against Belgium depending on circumstances and maybe start against Denmark. 

If he continues this season in the same way and Villa have a good season the pressure will really be on. I think he'll show himself as the top English player in the PL this season. 

There was a moment with Saka where we may have had a replica of the second Watkins goal v Liverpool.  Jack had the ball out left with Saka just wide and in front of him. I was waiting for Saka to make the run and the inevitable perfect Jack pass to set him free but Saka just stood there. 

There were a few moments where you could see he was waiting for runs that didn't appear.  He's clearly a level above the England B players.  They just weren't on his level. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

alan partridge GIF

I wasn't that bad, but we have been watching this situation closely and there is something there.

Hopefully the idiot is coming round to the notion that this young lad is the stone cold bollox and if I leave him out I'm going to look like a tit now.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

I wasn't that bad, but we have been watching this situation closely and there is something there.

Hopefully the idiot is coming round to the notion that this young lad is the stone cold bollox and if I leave him out I'm going to look like a tit now.

Probably Gareth wanting sterling or rashford in that position. 

judging from Ings placement, he wants 3 goal scores as the front 3 

with jack being more midfieldy in style, it’s a headache for lil Gareth brain.  

On 04/10/2020 at 23:04, PaulC said:

I can't stand Souness 

He's a massive waste of spunk with zero charisma. And a shit manager and pundit.

Another clearing in the woods I'd love to punch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Probably Gareth wanting sterling or rashford in that position. 

judging from Ings placement, he wants 3 goal scores as the front 3 

with jack being more midfieldy in style, it’s a headache for lil Gareth brain.  

said in another post go with.....

Kane

Sterling Jack  Rashford

and mould everything around that, maybe go Barkley and one from Phillips, Winks and Rice for me, would be more attach focused. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Sky  are fans 

325954E0-CF24-41B5-9B65-F6E4899EFA70.jpeg

Hmmm.... The outstanding player on the pitch.    Yet their actual match report (bizarrely) picks Calvert-Lewin as their MOTM. 

He's going to keep dominating these games and making himself impossible to ignore. We all knew when he came in he'd run the show and he's the best player on the pitch in his first start. 

Imagine him with Sterling and Kane and Rashford around him instead of the backups. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Agreed, but I can tell you for a fact (actually ITK) that Southgate really doesn’t like him. Rates him as a player but doesn’t like him.

Doesn't surprise me. I've read quotes from a pundit and associate of both that he thinks that there's a 'personal' theme to Grealish and Southgate's relationship.

Southgate needs to be professional and the leader he's paid to be and find common ground with Grealish and turn the focus to football instead of holding on to any ill feelings.

11 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

said in another post go with.....

Kane

Sterling Jack  Rashford

and mould everything around that, maybe go Barkley and one from Phillips, Winks and Rice for me, would be more attach focused. 

Thats how i want England to play but with Henderson and Rice sitting behind that four.

• Like 3

Â