The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

14 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I hope to see in at least in one game this season jack and Ross in the middle. Linking up like iniesta and xavi. A dribbler who can pass with a passer who can dribble 

YEah maybe but I think having McGinn and Luiz as an almost double pivot really allows Barkley to make those attacking runs and link up with Jack off the left

I find all this stuff a bit weird now reading back. Here's a certain player talking about someone he would be playing against in the future.

On 06/07/2010 at 11:23, AVFC-Prideofbrum said:

It is impossible to talk about any player at the age of 14 to be a professional unless they are special, ala Messi, Ronaldo (brazil)...

The guy is 14 for Christ Sake and by the looks of it, hasn't exactly reached full well adultness, who knows what can happen to his body through normal human changes. Who knows mentally how he will cope, if he works hard enough or if he even has the ability.

Mate I've seen players aged 15 play for England schoolboys, under 18's....even pushing a reserve place and yet 3 years later they are not closer to the first team than they were when they were 15. He might seem to have talent but having talent at 14 and being able to turn into a professional and become a better 10x player that a future (in about 3/4 months) international is....your claim is simply ridiculous at this age.

Where have you watched him play by the way? do you watch the Villa under 16 games?

interesting quote..

On 12/07/2010 at 02:27, kevangrealish said:

Yeah thanks again. Like I said to gary. And as someone before has mentioned. My dad is a mad villa fan. He became a fan at a young age after being converted by his mate after being a man utd supporter. He went down the villa at 16 etc. But he was also not in the richest of families. But if was still determined to get there. So without telling his mom and dad. Went to ... Was it rotterdam? Or amsterdam? I forget. But yeh he went there just with a few mates. To watch the villa lift the european cup. Hes been a mad villa fan since. And well... Sent me to my room when I came home and said I was am arsenal fan. Haha. Nah all our family are villa through and through. So theyre isnt much chance of jack moving clubs. My great grandad was a villa legend so lets hope jack can follow. All I can say is I normally ask jack what would you do if man city offered you big money to go there. And hes always like nah I wanna stay at villa. Lol. But as I say fingeres crossed ey?

At 14 years old playing against Loftus-Cheek

On 07/05/2011 at 12:41, Cap'n_Guttiwuts said:

Me thinks he be number 11?

Interesting that at 16 years old Rio Ferdinand was already giving him advice.

On 16/04/2012 at 14:42, kevangrealish said:

Listen, Jacks still a kid and should still be in school but now hes being private tutored because they want to aid jacks footballing career more aswell.

Theres a lot of things i cant say but it has nothing to do with jack leaving for united :? . We all had a great night and rio was a massive help for jack by giving him some helpful advice. Jacks villa through and through and he wants to continue his footballing career at villa park :)

As someone else said if you was doing your job and someone that inspirational ( or equivalent ) said would you come down to manchester and have a meal,watch the game and talk would you? And dont give the 4-0 result excuse because it was extremely dissapointing and none of us enjoyed the match.

then at 16 years old already clearly a class above.

On 10/08/2012 at 16:17, kevangrealish said:

Lets hope so mate ! haha :thumb:

And for anyone thats never seen jack play ;) -

Bad quality in a lot of the vids but i doubt its liams fault ahaa

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

I find all this stuff a bit weird now reading back. Here's a certain player talking about someone he would be playing against in the future.

In fairness to Joe, the poster he was talking to has a bit of a habit of hyping up youngsters to be incredible and they more often than not (sorry SGC) don't amount to anything. I believe the convo you quoted was around the time he claimed Delfouneso woul dbe better than Drogba.

So we were all a bit skeptical when he was hyping up Jack. Thankfully on this occasion he was spot on.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

In fairness to Joe, the poster he was talking to has a bit of a habit of hyping up youngsters to be incredible and they more often than not (sorry SGC) don't amount to anything. I believe the convo you quoted was around the time he claimed Delfouneso woul dbe better than Drogba.

So we were all a bit skeptical when he was hyping up Jack. Thankfully on this occasion he was spot on.

Yeah absolutely. I wasn't quoting him as a gotcha - just because it felt a bit weird that Joe was talking about Jack before they both made it 'big' and then at some point played against each other.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Yeah absolutely. I wasn't quoting him as a gotcha - just because it felt a bit weird that Joe was talking about Jack before they both made it 'big' and then at some point played against each other.

One of my claims to fame is my cousin replaced Jack in an Ireland u16's game. Came on for him as a sub.

He never made it :D 

• Sad 1

So, Gareth, Jack Grealish is currently rated as Europe's best performing midfielder, are you encouraged by his performances and has it boosted his chances of a starting position?

"Well firstly, Phil and Mason can count themselves unlucky on missing out on this squad. But they're young boys who will learn from their mistakes..."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

So, Gareth, Jack Grealish is currently rated as Europe's best performing midfielder, are you encouraged by his performances and has it boosted his chances of a starting position?

"Well firstly, Phil and Mason can count themselves unlucky on missing out on this squad. But they're young boys who will learn from their mistakes..."

He wouldn't dare not play Jack, who will blow Wales away and then he'll get dropped for the next one but hopefully not, the boy is the bollox.

On 19/03/2016 at 22:24, sidcow said:

I think he needs to be played for the rest of the season to see what he can do. All of our other midfielders are shot and I want them all gone. Hopefully Jack will show us a repeat of what he had last season and prove he can be an enormous part of next year's championship winning side. .  It is a good point though. Lots of people excusing his actions as normal for his age and questioning why he should be a saint but try googling Dele Ali drunk or on hippy Crack and you will draw a blank. It does not necessarily follow but I am sure it can only help a young footballer trying to find his very highest level if they sacrifice the hedonistic lifestyle and I am 100% certain that it will detract from their career if they embrace it. 

Wow, I tried to find my first post about Jack and found that it was as late as March 2016. I don't think I was posting much around then though. 

I don't have any idea why I picked Dele Ali as an example of virtuosity. Ironically I just googled Dele Ali drunk and it brings up a series of stories of his misdemeanours 😂😂😂

Anyway, Jack's indiscretions at at that age (and even this year) don't seem to have hampered his development did it so I was rather unduly worried I think. 

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Anyway, Jack's indiscretions at at that age (and even this year) don't seem to have hampered his development did it so I was rather unduly worried I think. 

I do still have a lingering fear that if/when his court case finally happens they might try and make an example of him... i assume he was drink driving,  and whilst there's no proof, do they just assume it is worst case scenario when you leave the scene of an accident under such circumstances?

Honestly, I don't see that being enough to see him getting given the maximum sentence of imprisonment, but sure Southgate could use it against him to drop him from the England team for a while.  Hopefully I'm worrying over nothing,  but it is a slight concern i have. 

28 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I do still have a lingering fear that if/when his court case finally happens they might try and make an example of him... i assume he was drink driving,  and whilst there's no proof, do they just assume it is worst case scenario when you leave the scene of an accident under such circumstances?

Honestly, I don't see that being enough to see him getting given the maximum sentence of imprisonment, but sure Southgate could use it against him to drop him from the England team for a while.  Hopefully I'm worrying over nothing,  but it is a slight concern i have. 

He'll get that Celebrity solicitor who gets all of the footballers off on technicalities. 

Just now, Genie said:

Is there anyone in the premier league you’d swap him for? I couldn’t think of anybody.

Probably not a player in world football who I'd swap him for right now tbh. Which might seem like a crazy statement but it's how I feel. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is there anyone in the premier league you’d swap him for? I couldn’t think of anybody.

We're now getting to the point the team, certainly the 1st XI, is good, so in certain circumstances, yes. If it was for a one off match, De Bruyne is probably of more use to us, as is Cristiano Ronaldo.

But for the last few years I wouldn't have. How would De Bruyne have done playing with Neil Taylor and Wesley last season? He'd have had no interest putting in the effort Jack did. He's been a monstrous part of us becoming and remaining a PL club.

He's already in the top 10 Villa players ever. Few more years and he's clear at #1.

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

YEah maybe but I think having McGinn and Luiz as an almost double pivot really allows Barkley to make those attacking runs and link up with Jack off the left

I really think a 4231 with Luiz and mcginn as the 2 is our best formation currently.

Personally I think the deeper role suits mcginn where he can use his energy, press, hustle and burst forward, I think he's wasted in that second striker role he played a bit last season, I much prefer him deeper.

Would like to see the 3 AMs as grealish, barkley and traore pls....

Love watkins already also, what a buy.

26 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We're now getting to the point the team, certainly the 1st XI, is good, so in certain circumstances, yes. If it was for a one off match, De Bruyne is probably of more use to us, as is Cristiano Ronaldo.

But for the last few years I wouldn't have. How would De Bruyne have done playing with Neil Taylor and Wesley last season? He'd have had no interest putting in the effort Jack did. He's been a monstrous part of us becoming and remaining a PL club.

He's already in the top 10 Villa players ever. Few more years and he's clear at #1.

I agree, you're also seeing Foden looking more vulnerable now that Silva has gone.

Grealish has looked good without quality, imagine what he'll turn into with quality around him?

Â