The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

My take is they only pay attention to the eye catching stuff and ignore the fact that he is probably the hardest working player in the league

They've proved today that the don't watch football outside of their beloved teams. Literally haven't got a clue.

an absolute incredible performance tonight without looking spectacular he was just Jack. Not many players will get 2 goals and 3 assists in a game this season and the movement of Watkins and Barkley means he didnt need to win fouls and could play football

oh and the nutmeg on Van Dijk 

image.jpeg.c93f9ceb7d4c6a6388116a69d58f5761.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Actually, the best thing about Jack's performance tonight was I know he can play even better. I'm saying this now; best English player in the world right now.

You say that but DCL might be after that crown. What 6 goals in 4 games for him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The key thing is clearly quality around Jack.

i don’t think he played any better than some other performances, the issue was we had no one on his wavelength. Of a good enough quality to understand what he was doing.

Barkley clearly does and I don’t think anyone else (Watkins will in time) knows what Jack is doing.

There were passes Barkley read that last year El Ghazi, Trez, Wesley etc just ran away from or didn’t even notice and it went to the opposition.

I personally think Barkley and Jack will click like this another 8-10 times this season, which means 24-30 points from those two. 

So unless one of them gets injured I think we will be looking at 40 points end of January. 

• Like 2

I distinctly remember back in 2012/2013/2014 there was a lot of discussion on here about that elusive creative attacking midfielder we were missing. We were heavily linked with them (Hoolahan, Kioytake and Belhanda anyone?) and bought a couple that never worked out (e.g. Carles GIl). Who (apart from SGC) knew we had a future world class one in the academy?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Souness and Patrice Evra said they didn't rate Jack previously because they thought he was lazy and were glad to see him helping out defensively and working hard.  

Souness even gave some condescending line about fans only seeing the eye catching front work and not understanding the work that's needed out of sight. 

They were pleased he did work hard though and now needs to do it every week. 

My take from this is that they have never watched Jack Grealish play football before. 

Meanwhile on the official PL programme Tim Sherwood and even Michael Owen were waxing lyrical about his hard work and how he's always been that type of player and completely shows up the United players from earlier in the afternoon. Sky has trash pundits.

• Like 2

I'm really pleased that Villa has been able to deliver on the faith Jack put in us when he agreed to sign a new contract. He looks incredibly happy to be playing alongside players like Barkley and Watkins, and they all give the impression of being good mates as well. Scary to think how easily things could have turned out differently!

If it hasn’t been said in the last 5 minutes can I please say, thank you Jack for sticking around. The state we were in nobody would have begrudged you forcing the clubs hand, and now u will always have a special place in a lot of Villians hearts.

Â