The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 16/09/2020 at 10:45, fightoffyour said:

Time to pay up @Fairy In Boots, unless you still want to wait until the end of the window 😁 well it will give you a bit of time to find that cash down the back of the sofa at least.

Deadline is next summer but think I’ll be paying out and happy to @Corleone So you can stop reminding me daily now mate.

On 16/09/2020 at 12:19, OutByEaster? said:

Sounds to me like a lot of people spoke to Jack or to Jack's people - agents speaking to agents, I wouldn't be surprised if outlines of offers were presented and looked over and so on - but when it came to then getting the agreements between the clubs (increasingly the last part of the signing jigsaw rather than the first bit) our owners stood firm on their valuation and the teams that wanted him couldn't afford him.

Good.

United have taken a similar approach with Sancho where they've reportedly agreed contracts and terms with the player despite a £40m difference in the valuation between the two clubs - it's almost like they believe that once the players has said he's coming and all that's agreed, the fee should be what they want to pay, not want the clubs they're dealing with want to receive - they might want to rethink that.

Us staying up + Covid has dramatically changed the landscape and it’s benefiting us massively as a club, even beyond Jack

7 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Gabby making himself a legend again. I'll be forgiving him for a poor last few seasons if he comes up his defence of all things Villa and comedic put-downs.

Meanwhile, Jack is staying. @Fairy In Boots:

tenor.png

Yes I’m a villa fan and I was incredibly pissed off at the prospect of losing him, we were struggling, he’s was “off” I wasn’t happy at all. I’m glad it’s changed around because I’ve always been consistent it was happening back Jan/Feb time he’d been sounded out, a deal had been agreed in principle. And I don’t care if none of you believe me Southgate was also a factor, he has a problem with our club I don’t know why. 

regarding the United deal, it was there in Feb, think covid has wiped a lot off players values and United expected to pick him up a good £20m cheaper. 

Jack said in his interview it was 50/50 until a few days ago. There’s no smoke without fire, that’s twice we’ve been incredibly close to losing him (first was Spurs) only for us to get a bit lucky and him stay, it’s almost like fate. 

On 29/03/2020 at 23:09, Corleone said:

If Grealish Moves to Man United  - Ill give you  £100 if not you send me £100 - bet expires End July 2021

On 29/03/2020 at 23:18, Fairy In Boots said:

You sure? I’m game but make it the end of next summer’s transfer window so 1st sept 2021 or whatever it pans out as, if that’s what the deadline is. I’d have took this on this summers window had the dates not all got shifted due to Covid. 

On 29/03/2020 at 23:21, Corleone said:

👍 - whatever the deadline is next year (Summer) - i dont see it myself - i Think he will leave, but not to Man United. however, it sounds like you have some inside info so enjoy your £100

I don’t think he will go United now but you never know next year if he has a great season their will be a lot more interest in him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Brilliant interview with our captain, he speaks so well.

Love his goal this season of a 12th - 8th place in the league.

Yup, means he is realistic, and is here for the LONG haul of the project.

So we can pre emt the " If we don't get Europe this season he will be off, as he deserves to be playing at the highest level".

EDIT: We could additionally squash all this by doing a Leicester - sorted.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Deadline is next summer but think I’ll be paying out and happy to @Corleone So you can stop reminding me daily now mate.

Us staying up + Covid has dramatically changed the landscape and it’s benefiting us massively as a club, even beyond Jack

Yes I’m a villa fan and I was incredibly pissed off at the prospect of losing him, we were struggling, he’s was “off” I wasn’t happy at all. I’m glad it’s changed around because I’ve always been consistent it was happening back Jan/Feb time he’d been sounded out, a deal had been agreed in principle. And I don’t care if none of you believe me Southgate was also a factor, he has a problem with our club I don’t know why. 

regarding the United deal, it was there in Feb, think covid has wiped a lot off players values and United expected to pick him up a good £20m cheaper. 

Jack said in his interview it was 50/50 until a few days ago. There’s no smoke without fire, that’s twice we’ve been incredibly close to losing him (first was Spurs) only for us to get a bit lucky and him stay, it’s almost like fate. 

I don’t think he will go United now but you never know next year if he has a great season their will be a lot more interest in him. 

Would still prefer that he go overseas to one of the "giants" If he was to go, would be easier to stomach.

I'd probably feel sick watching him in another Premier League teams kit and celebrating.

Other thing is, if he has a great season, along with his new contract, the price would be even higher.

Hopefully by the time he leaves (Which i would prefer he never did) we have a new "hero" within the ranks he can pass the torch to.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

And I don’t care if none of you believe me Southgate was also a factor, he has a problem with our club I don’t know why. 

Rare I have anything ITK but I do know that in Feb Southgate was all but lined up for the United job after the Euros... obviously they were then postponed and Ole stayed. But it’s all interesting given that Southgate doesn’t like Jack and yet they were both heading to United... and now neither went.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Rare I have anything ITK but I do know that in Feb Southgate was all but lined up for the United job after the Euros... obviously they were then postponed and Ole stayed. But it’s all interesting given that Southgate doesn’t like Jack and yet they were both heading to United... and now neither went.

That would have been a great watch TBF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

United Board is even worse than I thought is they were seriously lining up Southgate.

Although it's probably his fantasy England team already anyway.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would still prefer that he go overseas to one of the "giants" If he was to go, would be easier to stomach.

I'd probably feel sick watching him in another Premier League teams kit and celebrating.

Other thing is, if he has a great season, along with his new contract, the price would be even higher.

Hopefully by the time he leaves (Which i would prefer he never did) we have a new "hero" within the ranks he can pass the torch to.

I think that's what will happen when he literally explodes onto the 2020-2021 Season. He's going to elevate himself to undeniably World class, and then the only PL team who could afford the fee we will want is Man Citeh. After that it's going to be abroad. 

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Grealish@Villa4Life is the Graffiti that should be everywhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I get the impression he's in two minds, but he'll accept any excuse to not leave us. I genuinely believe he'll take any reason he can to stay at the club he loves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Barca we’re interested at the same time Spurs were after him. 

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

You’re taking the piss, not a serious post

34 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I get the impression he's in two minds, but he'll accept any excuse to not leave us. I genuinely believe he'll take any reason he can to stay at the club he loves.

I don’t know his mind, think when it was initially talked about it’s contract length & value first, then it’s things like win this win that, other opportunities like marketing on this and that etc etc. 

Jack is a villa fan 100%, but it’s like any job if a better offer comes in you do have to make a decision 

Having watched Grealish at Burton Albion on Monday night, is it not feasible that Jack could actually be the box to box midfielder we want? To a large extent a box to box midfielder is almost a “free role” player, no? Jack clearly has the fitness and energy to get up and down the pitch, and there’s no doubting his ability to score goals and open up defences. He’s capable of running with the ball from deep, as well as popping up on the left or right and crossing into the box. We’ve also got used to watching him track back deep into his own half more recently. Obviously he’s not renowned for his tackling, but tackling as we used to know it in the Gerrard/Lampard era has changed. If he took on this type of role it would also help him with a designated role for England, as his immediate challengers would then be the likes of Mason Mount and Ross Barkley......both of whom i would say jack could put to the sword. 

• Like 1

Â