The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

im not so sure. you would have to question why it took the board til saturday to talk to Jack about his future. personally I think they were hanging on just in case an offer came through that was too tempting to turn down. At the end of the day every player has his price and the owners are pragmatic business men

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Gabby giving a great example of how social media (doesn't) work

on talksport today he gave a fairly decent explanation as to how jack glides past people, no skill, no step overs, no flash, wiggles his hips and walks past them, he went on to say "reminds me of Iniesta in his prime" solely in the context in how he moves his body to go past people

2 hours later and its regurgitated and all context removed, now its just the snap " gabby thinks grealish is like prime Iniesta" of course followed by thousands of people who cant actually read or listen but now happily wave around the overrated stick, it wasn't even gabby trying to be controversial or say something entirely daft for his 10 minutes of fame like o'hara or some of the other muppets they have on there, its just snipped in a way that makes it be something that its not

and FWIW Gabby is 100% correct, you can soundly compare jacks style and motion to Iniesta or Messi but detractors seem unwilling to appreciate the difference between body movement and footballing ability

Funny thing about this is, Gabby is right either way. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I absolutely love Gabby on twitter. Happy to get stuck in and speak his mind, and he's got a more astute football brain than you'd think. 

Taking the piss out of Gabby now on Talksport re this, did'nt that O'hare cheat on his Mrs when she was pregnant, low life mockney rocket polisher 

It is laughable how the news agencies / clickbait sites say that nobody wanted Grealish when they have been pedalling click bait articles for the last 18 months about signing for Man Utd. They are just bitter he hasn’t signed for one of their favoured clubs.

Time for Jack and Villa to ram those insults and jibes where they belong!

Edited by NeilS

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You know that feeling when you see fans of top 4 clubs excited for players like Aouar and Van de Beek, and then you think to yourself...Aston Villa has a better player? Priceless.

Auba for Arsenal is a somewhat comparabale situation in respect of player ability and the fact its a resigning rather than a new signing. But they have to temper their joy by the fact that he was paid for by laying off 55 non playing staff. Feels good to be us at the moment, for a change :)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Over the next couple of years I think a few people in very big chairs in very nice offices are going to be thinking hard about why they didn't spend £80m on our man.

Especially as we wave overtaking them.

• Like 2

Jack is a fantastic talent who's not even come near his peak yet. Every player has something they can improve on, to tell them otherwise breeds complacency. My ( and it's just me ) biggest pet peeves about Jack is especially when he's wide left, his desire to beat the man every time. If you watch Grealish when he's dribbling with the ball at speed and beats a man, it's then when he ties them up in knots and they are in trouble. It's just when we win the ball and break, you want to hit a team before they get set. Something Jack can improve on ( nobody is above wanting to improve ) is not trying the beat the guy at the edge of the box from a standing start every time. If he beats him, you ain't gonna draw a CB. They'd let you get a shot off rather than commit more bodies. Now, if he is running at them at pace and Watkins is parallel to his run, then that's a different story but if your forward is in the box, it has to go in quicker. I'm sure they'll get to know what each player wants and demands in training and that's what you want from players, making demands of each other. Grealish has a fantastic array of passing in his arsenal too that doesn't get seen as often as it should. I always remember the Middlesbrough play off semi final. 1st leg. Poor game but his passing off both feet, short and long was exceptional.

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I absolutely love Gabby on twitter. Happy to get stuck in and speak his mind, and he's got a more astute football brain than you'd think. 

He’s come on leaps and bounds since retiring it seems, doing quite a bit on Sky now and he comes across well in my opinion.

• Like 1

Â