The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Yeah don't think there's anything wrong with this interview at all.

A Champions League quality player needing proof that his club won't be in another relegation scrap before signing a new contract is pretty understandable. He speaks highly of Smith and Purslow, and he clearly see Watkins as someone who'll be burnishing his assist stats.

My guess is there'll be at least one real quality signing that hasn't been trailed already in the media. Maybe a CM or CB.

I do hope the quality signing even if it's just one is an attacking midfielder. All last season it was clear if we for our frontline positions working then our defence would see far less of the ball and no where near a 70 minute constant artillery strike. I think we should buy the quality for the front and the middle. Our defence did very good last season considering the team always felt they were down two men by having Ghazi, Samatta or Trezegeut not working properly in there positions. We have a keeper one who Arsenal rated highly just never got his chance and so I think the majority of the money should be spent up front where as anything left over after sorting the middle and front out can always be used on the back line.

I do hope your right Kent in that you think we will sign one quality player, it certainly sounds that the way Grealish spoke about his meeting with the Owners that he was happy and may even of learnt some names. Grealish also stated he was the type to talk things out loud and he cant go saying what the plans were which means he knows who they are targeting and it sounds very reassuring that someone of note is joining us at some point.

I want to Jack to be moved back into the middle because I think him being outside actually hinders our attack even if he has more influence on the game. Because we just go down the side jack is on when he is on the pitch it means that our other winger is very rarely involved in the play and then is just not ready when he gets the ball to create anything or hit the target. I hope this year we play jack in the centre again and we involve our wingers more so they can have an influence in the game early so when we need them they are ready. 

Just been reading Chris Suttons comments regards him thinking nobody was interested in Grealish as otherwise he would not have signed a contract. He continues "after all why would you stay at Villa with no chance of winning anything when you could win trophies elsewhere".

Muppet!

Says the guy who won trophy at Blackburn flipping Rovers.

the daily show wow GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If only he could strike a dead/rolling ball as well as he can volley them, he'd be unstoppable. 

He could/now doubt can, I recall in the Championship if he pulled the trigger it went like a javelin, a couple of shots, one that hit the bar against Boro spring to mind, he then started looking more for the killer pass in those areas and has kind of stuck with that style of play since, i think that's the way Smith and Co coach them. Recall a Brentford fan saying the same when he came

Edited by Follyfoot

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

He could/now doubt can, I recall in the Championship if he pulled the trigger it went like a javelin, a couple of shots, one that hit the bar against Boro spring to mind, he then started looking more for the killer pass in those areas and has kind of stuck with that style of play since, i think that's the way Smith and Co coach them. Recall a Brentford fan saying the same when he came

There was that shot in the first half against West Ham on the last day that he just rolled to the keeper, was basically a sitter. If he caught it on the volley weirdly enough I'd have backed him to bury it. To be fair, he has come a long way in that respect and scored some good goals last season like against United, Burnley, West Ham. He needs to get those curlers into his locker now. He was good at them in the 16/17 season I recall but kinda regressed a bit.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes he played all over the pitch. You couldn't pin him to a position. Just give him a free-role.  

Was frustrated him seeing him raking the ball all the way back from defense if i'm honest.

Although, that could have been some cocky swagger "Don't worry guys I got this" type moves.

He looked like he was having a kickabout in the park.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

There was that shot in the first half against West Ham on the last day that he just rolled to the keeper, was basically a sitter. If he caught it on the volley weirdly enough I'd have backed him to bury it. To be fair, he has come a long way in that respect and scored some good goals last season like against United, Burnley, West Ham. He needs to get those curlers into his locker now. He was good at them in the 16/17 season I recall but kinda regressed a bit.

He will I am sure, just think when he has everything in his locker, frightening is the word 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was frustrated him seeing him raking the ball all the way back from defense if i'm honest.

Although, that could have been some cocky swagger "Don't worry guys I got this" type moves.

He looked like he was having a kickabout in the park.

He just wants the ball and with them parking the bus for 90 minutes thats where the space was. 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

I want to Jack to be moved back into the middle because I think him being outside actually hinders our attack even if he has more influence on the game. Because we just go down the side jack is on when he is on the pitch it means that our other winger is very rarely involved in the play and then is just not ready when he gets the ball to create anything or hit the target. I hope this year we play jack in the centre again and we involve our wingers more so they can have an influence in the game early so when we need them they are ready. 

Isn't that just because our right winger normally is pretty shite? 

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sounds to me like a lot of people spoke to Jack or to Jack's people - agents speaking to agents, I wouldn't be surprised if outlines of offers were presented and looked over and so on - but when it came to then getting the agreements between the clubs (increasingly the last part of the signing jigsaw rather than the first bit) our owners stood firm on their valuation and the teams that wanted him couldn't afford him.

Good.

United have taken a similar approach with Sancho where they've reportedly agreed contracts and terms with the player despite a £40m difference in the valuation between the two clubs - it's almost like they believe that once the players has said he's coming and all that's agreed, the fee should be what they want to pay, not want the clubs they're dealing with want to receive - they might want to rethink that.

I think in most transfers, personal terms are pretty much agreed upon before an official bid is lodged. When you think about it how else could it work. Why would a club bid for a player that doesn't want to move or can't afford the players wages. ManU most definitely worked out personal terms with Jack's agent but for whatever reason decided against lodging an official bid.

Jack then used that leverage to negotiate a better contract with Villa and extracted some promises from the owner on potential investments. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the 140K a week Jack is getting now was right around what ManU were going to pay. 

This process couldn't have worked out any better for us. We got to Jack on a new deal and we also know the ownership team has promised further significant investment.  

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Initially I was against him moving back into the middle as I feel he just gets out crowded and rendered impotent.

HOWEVER, if we get all the wingers and forward we are linked to, they will be wreaking havoc and free up alot of space in the middle for him to pull strings.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2020 at 16:24, chrisvilla4 said:

In this day and age, football mercenaries, big clubs buying up all of the talent, tapping up, clubs going bust etc, etc. What a signing we have made.

This is a reason to believe that loyalty still exists, that one of the best midfielders in England will not have his heard turned by the big boys and will want to achieve things with the club he loves.

Jack, you beautiful, beautiful man. 

Let's get better together. 

are you both ill?😆

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Some of the headlines ....."No one wanted Jack", is ridiculous.

The Owners were astute by placing a reported £ 80 mill price tag on him......so Dean said " No bids came in"....I take that to mean no one could afford him, because that was the price.

That is is an entirely different position than saying no one wanted him......The whole bloody league wanted him.

This was never going to be another Dwight Yorke or Ashley Young situation, United.......we have woken up since then.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

The Owners were astute by placing a reported £ 80 mill price tag on him......so Dean said " No bids came in"....I take that to mean no one could afford him, because that was the price.

That is is an entirely different position than saying no one wanted him......The whole bloody league wanted him.

This was never going to be another Dwight Yorke or Ashley Young, United.......we have woken up since then.

No one wants Sancho either. 👀🤪

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

This was never going to be another Dwight Yorke or Ashley Young situation, United.......we have woken up since then.

Media talk, never heard it from the club. It was made clear by us he IS NOT FOR SALE and that was the end of that

inglorious basterds idk GIF

• Like 1

Â