The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

What's he been promised, apart from buckets of cash?

I have no idea - buckets of cash I am sure are gladly received - but he could get buckets of cash elsewhere too - and better players to play with. Maybe they've waved Rashica in front of him, or maybe it's someone no WIP has heard of thus far...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mrjc said:

First touch was phenomenal last night, pretty much every time.  He stands out so highly, against virtually everyone he plays against.

Interestingly he said there was interest, Smith said (I think, as it was quick) that no bids were received (both of which are probably true).  Either way, as some of those have said above, I don't think you can blame him for considering his options, but he seems genuinely excited to stay - here's to a massive season ahead! 👍

This is probably proof that clubs have some advance discussions with a player, sounding them out somewhat before actually putting in a bid.

They probably speak to the agent and sound him out on if a player may wish to join them and on what kind of rough terms before taking it formal and putting in a bid.

Jack said there was interest, but he was never totally sure in his mind he wanted to leave.  Smith said there were no actual bids.

Jack would be mad to not consider going to a top 4 side, playing Champions League, then making it impossible for Southgate not to pick him.   He considered it, then he decided to stay, become a living legend and sit at the heart of the ambitious project the owners have for the club which in his own words he believes in.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Might be more to do with next season possibly.?

This is my vote. I reckon the owners know there is only so much they can do in one window while we’re a club that has just finished 17th (as it seems we’re finding out with Rashica).

I reckon they’ve said that we’re strengthening as best as we can this summer, with an aim to push to mid-table and a cup run, so that next year we can spend another £100m+ on better players, with higher available wages, to match Jack’s ambition to push us into that ‘challenging for Europe’ bracket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

This is my vote. I reckon the owners know there is only so much they can do in one window while we’re a club that has just finished 17th (as it seems we’re finding out with Rashica).

I reckon they’ve said that we’re strengthening as best as we can this summer, with an aim to push to mid-table and a cup run, so that next year we can spend another £100m+ on better players, with higher available wages, to match Jack’s ambition to push us into that ‘challenging for Europe’ bracket.

That sounds like it - they can promise him to keep adding top bucks quality this season and next - and if they renege on that Jack has an out - meanwhile he's very well paid. Maybe that England call up went in our favour too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

That sounds like it - they can promise him to keep adding top bucks quality this season and next - and if they renege on that Jack has an out - meanwhile he's very well paid. Maybe that England call up went in our favour too. 

I believe that one gathering would have taught him so much. The run he made on the left when he went to the byline was a typical Sterling move.

• Like 1

On 29/03/2020 at 23:21, Corleone said:

👍 - whatever the deadline is next year (Summer) - i dont see it myself - i Think he will leave, but not to Man United. however, it sounds like you have some inside info so enjoy your £100

Time to pay up @Fairy In Boots, unless you still want to wait until the end of the window 😁 well it will give you a bit of time to find that cash down the back of the sofa at least.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

This is probably proof that clubs have some advance discussions with a player, sounding them out somewhat before actually putting in a bid.

They probably speak to the agent and sound him out on if a player may wish to join them and on what kind of rough terms before taking it formal and putting in a bid.

Jack said there was interest, but he was never totally sure in his mind he wanted to leave.  Smith said there were no actual bids.

Jack would be mad to not consider going to a top 4 side, playing Champions League, then making it impossible for Southgate not to pick him.   He considered it, then he decided to stay, become a living legend and sit at the heart of the ambitious project the owners have for the club which in his own words he believes in.

Could just be that clubs contacted Villa about Grealish, were told a valuation that they wouldn't meet but never actually made an offer.

If we were adamant, like "ÂŁ80m or we're not interested. Don't even bother negotiating, that is our price" then it's reasonable that they just didn't make a bid.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I'd love to see the interview again but didn't he say something like "thing that are happening in the next few weeks that I can't talk about"?

Sounds to me like a lot of people spoke to Jack or to Jack's people - agents speaking to agents, I wouldn't be surprised if outlines of offers were presented and looked over and so on - but when it came to then getting the agreements between the clubs (increasingly the last part of the signing jigsaw rather than the first bit) our owners stood firm on their valuation and the teams that wanted him couldn't afford him.

Good.

United have taken a similar approach with Sancho where they've reportedly agreed contracts and terms with the player despite a ÂŁ40m difference in the valuation between the two clubs - it's almost like they believe that once the players has said he's coming and all that's agreed, the fee should be what they want to pay, not want the clubs they're dealing with want to receive - they might want to rethink that.

• Like 3

I was buzzing when i heard the news yesterday.. still am, things like this don't happen to us, and in the case of Jack's 'loyalty', it doesn't really happen in football anymore. His interview last night did leave somewhat less romantically nourished though. 

The sky reporter really wanted to make a point of how he had to be 'convinced' to stay by the owners (to fit the media's agenda of how desperate he was to join Manure) .. jack played up to that a little, i wanted him to say.. 'Stop chatting s**t mate.. i'm never leaving my club!..'

Maybe i'm just being picky... Delighted all the same. 😁

Oh.. and well Done NSWE!

18 minutes ago, handsworthlion said:

I was buzzing when i heard the news yesterday.. still am, things like this don't happen to us, and in the case of Jack's 'loyalty', it doesn't really happen in football anymore. His interview last night did leave somewhat less romantically nourished though. 

The sky reporter really wanted to make a point of how he had to be 'convinced' to stay by the owners (to fit the media's agenda of how desperate he was to join Manure) .. jack played up to that a little, i wanted him to say.. 'Stop chatting s**t mate.. i'm never leaving my club!..'

Maybe i'm just being picky... Delighted all the same. 😁

Oh.. and well Done NSWE!

Then Deano came along and said there was never a bid in for him 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Thought he was fantastic last night,yes Burton but his attitude and his demand for the ball he could have been playing in a cup final.Think he will link up well with Oli as he did with a superb bit of skill only for him to miss☹️.Not going to happen now but image Benrahma linking up with them 2.

Where do you think Benrahma is off to?

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd love to see the interview again but didn't he say something like "thing that are happening in the next few weeks that I can't talk about"?

I didn’t hear that. If true, that’s exciting. A marquee signing deemed bigger than all the rumoured names would be incredible.

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

He was literally asked whether it was 50/50 and said yes, so... 😐 

They had previously talked about him signing his new contract and then asked him if was 50/50 him staying prior to that. To which he replied I suppose.

My take on it is he would be aware that it wasn't entirely his decision whether he stayed or not.  If a big offer came in for him the club may of accepted it ( maybe about 50/50). At that stage he wouldn't have been totally sure about the owners ambitions were and of course that would have an influence on his own decision. 

Once he had talked to them it took him less than 24 hours to agree a new deal. 

He an said earlier in the interview that he had always wanted to stay.

• Like 1

Â