The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

47 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Interesting that Jack said he didn't know where he was going to end up as late as last night, but I like that he wanted to get his future sorted before the season started. He didn't want to play a few games for us and then end up leaving.

I found that really interesting as well, looks like it perhaps was closer than I had thought that he would leave. Don't know if any of the Manchester clubs made any bids for him, but perhaps we are lucky that they didn't put in a huge bid early and started turning his head.

14 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Comments on IG post from Sportbible (god knows why I follow them).

"Wasted talent"

"Well that's his career gone"

"He must like the Championship"

I despise plastic glory hunter fans.

What's pathetic is that you would think, as a FOOTBALL fan, some people would be heartened by seeing a player commit to his boyhood club, and being well rewarded for it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's pathetic is that you would think, as a FOOTBALL fan, some people would be heartened by seeing a player commit to his boyhood club, and being well rewarded for it.

You'd think so but online football "fans" are dominated by the youth of today who've grown up with that FIFA ultimate team crap. Football is more plastic now than it ever has been. It's sad.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I found that really interesting as well, looks like it perhaps was closer than I had thought that he would leave. Don't know if any of the Manchester clubs made any bids for him, but perhaps we are lucky that they didn't put in a huge bid early and started turning his head.

I think the fact that he was widely underused for marketing the new kits etc was always a worrying sign that the club felt it was possible he would move on.

But anyway, we can forget all that now.

Until next summer at least!

• Like 1

Never mind Rashica or Traore or Benrahma, getting Jack to sign a new contract is like signing a £100m player!

Most important signing of this window by far.

Wonder if he will have to sell his house in Manchester now :lol: 

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Most football fans are thick words removed though

I've had a look on a few forums (i was bored) and half the posts are saying "he's not worth £20m" or "he lacks ambition" 

rocket polishers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Interesting that Jack said he didn't know where he was going to end up as late as last night, but I like that he wanted to get his future sorted before the season started. He didn't want to play a few games for us and then end up leaving.

Where is this interview please?

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

To think that we've managed to keep a player who is better than Benteke/Delph/Young/Milner/Barry. We've come a long way in those 10 years, mostly downwards, but it looks like we're soaring back up to heights we haven't achieved before.

Very very very exciting time to be a Villa fan

• Like 1

Imagine a 100% focused and 100% fit Jack Grealish ready to keep proving Southgate wrong and surrounded by more quality players. The speculation behind him will be less of a distraction. Write off Villa at your peril. The road is long but what an exciting road ahead.

• Like 3

Â