The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ultimately United started the summer with targets and couldn't afford to buy them. 

That's fine with me, I'm not a United fan and I'm very happy that we've been able to retain our Captain.

I will drink to that!

Yewunited can do one. Looks like they won't get Sancho either. They could have bought Buckingham you think but that involves forward planning, which they haven't done for about two decades.

I think it illustrates just how much of a togetherness there is now at the club. 

Even Drinkwater had nothing but good words for Dean Smith. The management team are developing an atmosphere that is conducive to creating a winning mentality and the pledge from Jack today will have confidence soaring throughout the whole squad. 

It really is an exciting time to be a Villa fan. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

would love it if we signed a superstar player this week, really hammer it home that we mean real business

200.gif 

Maybe Sancho instead and enjoy him scoring a hat trick against those pancakes from Old Trafford.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

almost brought a tear to my eye listening to his interview. very candid, 4 days ago still didn't know where he was starting the season, long meeting with purslow, dean and sawris, phoned agent straight after to say his future is at villa.

Where can I listen to the interview?

Edit: nvm, found the Twitter thread.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

Clever those bookies aren't they? 

I just noticed Coral still have a market on which club Jack will be at come the end of the transfer window. Manchester United and Arsenal are both 5/2, Liverpool are 4/1,  Spurs are 10/1 and Leicester are 18/1. Can't seem to find Aston Villa on the list, I wonder why not? I quite fancied a cheeky bet on us...:D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Reminds of the time I was sat in the lower trinity with Collymore warming up to come on (hidden Kenneth alert), some bloke just kept shouting his name, then every time Collymore looked round he’d shout “lend us a tenner”. A few people laughed but most just found him really annoying. 

Annoying? Me? 🤣

Wasn't worth more than £3m plus Josh then wasn't worth £20m then wasn't worth £40m then wasn't worth £60 and now isn't worth £80m. Despite him proving everyone wrong every single time.
If I was in charge of any club in the world or any nation, I'd drop £100m on Jack and/or build a team around him.

It is quite astounding nobody wants to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Wasn't worth more than £3m plus Josh then wasn't worth £20m then wasn't worth £40m then wasn't worth £60 and now isn't worth £80m. Despite him proving everyone wrong every single time.
If I was in charge of any club in the world or any nation, I'd drop £100m on Jack and/or build a team around him.

Wes and Nas do.....

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Jack signs new contract.

"Birmingham Live!" still running stories that he's leaving.

As it was ever thus. There are more football fans in Brum/West Midlands area  who dislike Villa than who like us. but none will be ever be bigger than us.

One of numerous reasons why Villa never get a positive press.

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Might be arrogance. An unwillingness to believe a local lad like Jack at a club like Villa is such a talent. Seems like teams only think he's worth a place on their bench. Their loss.

• Like 1

Â