The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just been on Sky Bet to have a tenna on Grealish signing for Utd and they are no longer taking bets! I can only assume that he has signed already........We will miss you Jack........….........................Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...........The entire media has been telling us that Jack is going to leave. Unlucky bitches! The skipper ain’t going anywhere 🤣

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, meregreen said:

I remember when Allan Shearer had the option when leaving Blackburn, to go to either Man Utd or his hometown club of Newcastle. He chose the club that was closest to his heart, and even though he won nothing at Newcastle he said he had no regrets. Man Utd fans were spitting nails, they had no comprehension about the love a player can hold for the team that’s in his blood. Always respected Shearer after that. Feel we’ve got a player like that ourselves now. Well done Jack 😁😁😁

Great Post !

46 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

A bigger contract adds an even bigger buy out clause probably.

Clubs will really have to break the bank for Jack now. Probably in the 90-110 million range.

This is very well played by the club.

Hopefully there's no buyout clause.

I expect there to be a relegation clause (but not a shit one) and hopefully nothing else.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I expect there to be a relegation clause (but not a shit one) and hopefully nothing else.

I assume you were aware a few days ago but did not report to protect your source? 

25 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

That is true but I do expect we put in a minimum fee release clause, and a relegation release clause too probably with two different figures.

Guess it will have come down to what jack and his agent will have felt was appropriate and realistic, has to be at least £80M.

I wouldn't expect US to put a minimum fee release clause in.

I might expect Jack and his agent to ask for one, and us to have had to compromise and put one in, but if we're voluntarily putting one in then we're doing it wrong :) 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Correct.

Would imagine it to be around 100-125 million which let's be real. No one is paying.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I wouldn't expect US to put a minimum fee release clause in.

I might expect Jack and his agent to ask for one, but if we're voluntarily putting one in then we're doing it wrong :) 

Obvs, but in terms of what the figure is I’d imagine that Grealish/agent would have wanted £60M, the club would have countered with £100M and they settle on the middle point.

As an hypothetical example.

I just can’t see Jack signing a 5 year deal without one, irrespective of how much he loves it here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Correct.

Would imagine it to be around 100-125 million which let's be real. No one is paying.

I'd be surprised. If it was that high and a relegation clause there would be no point in Grealish/his agent asking for it as they know nobody would pay it. 

If it's a relegation clause with a specific fee I'd expect it to be lower than that.

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Obvs, but in terms of what the figure is I’d imagine that Grealish/agent would have wanted £60M, the club would have countered with £100M and they settle on the middle point.

As an hypothetical example.

I just can’t see Jack signing a 5 year deal without one, irrespective of how much he loves it here.

Yeah I was being tongue in cheek/pednatic :) 

I agree with what you've said.

I hope it's just a relegation clause, but wouldn't be surprised if there's a release clause in there

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd be surprised. If it was that high and a relegation clause there would be no point in Grealish/his agent asking for it as they know nobody would pay it. 

If it's a relegation clause with a specific fee I'd expect it to be lower than that.

Nvm misread your post. I meant buy out clause.

What I love about Jack's interview is his honesty about not being sure if he was going to stay with us. He is clearly ambitious and has been convinced that the club can match his ambitions. We've been losing our better players (often to Man U!) my entire life - this really feels like it could be a massive turning point for the club

• Like 1

Â