The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, meregreen said:

I remember when Allan Shearer had the option when leaving Blackburn, to go to either Man Utd or his hometown club of Newcastle. He chose the club that was closest to his heart, and even though he won nothing at Newcastle he said he had no regrets. Man Utd fans were spitting nails, they had no comprehension about the love a player can hold for the team that’s in his blood. Always respected Shearer after that. Feel we’ve got a player like that ourselves now. Well done Jack 😁😁😁

There is no greater ambition than playing for and captaining the club you love. That or play for a bunch of plastic, prawn sandwich eating glory hunting scum? Not a hard decision.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Spending big this transfer window pretty much guarantees a very quiet window next season with FFP unfortunatley

Hopefully over the next 3-4 years out new youngsters will be coming out of the academy 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I think he meant that it wasn't 100% sure which club he'd be at next season - said that he didn't want to start the season here and then move on before the end of the window, so wanted things clarified before the season began.

Cheers! Missed the part about starting the season here and then move. Wasn't paying full attention.

• Like 1

Just now, Okonokos said:

They're desperate and it's hilariously pathetic.

That is true but I do expect we put in a minimum fee release clause, and a relegation release clause too probably with two different figures.

Guess it will have come down to what jack and his agent will have felt was appropriate and realistic, has to be at least £80M.

Haha it didn't take long for the first "Man Utd fans all make the same point after Jack Grealish signs new contract" article to appear courtesy of Manchester Evening News on News Now. Basically saying they don't need him anymore, they have spent the best part of 12-18 months begging him to sign for Man Utd on social media and forums etc. Poor bitter little plastics.

32 minutes ago, Pelle said:

In that interview, did I get it right that up untill a couple of days ago he didn't know where to play? Which to me sounded like it wasn't clear in which position he was meant to play the coming season. Or did I get it completely wrong? If not it sounds like we're having a new player coming in rather soon. Rashica?

He said he didn't know what club he was going to start the season with. So it's clear the management team had to sell Jack on committing his future to Villa. 

• Like 2

Â