The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'm probably one of the oldest posters on here as I've been a Villa fan since the 1950's .... I can honestly say that this is one of my favourite ever bits of Villa news in all that time.

To have Jack in my life for at least another five years (unless a club throws 100 million plus at AVFC) feels like i imagine a huge lottery win would. 

Where would you rank him mate, of all time best Villa players?

He’ll achieve legend status here, especially if we start competing and winning things (our very own Totti).

The most naturally talented and gifted Villa player I have seen, feel so lucky to have such a great player who loves the club as much as we do!

UTV

16 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Fantastic that he’s signed. If you listen to the interview it’s quite apparent that he could have left this summer. . 

I liked the bit when he said “Traoré swung the decision for me”

• Haha 1

Suuuuuuuuuuper super Jack! 

This is great news. Our owners are showing ambition, and must have sold him a positive vision too. £140,000 p/w is BIG time money. I really hope this sees us push on to a mid-table or higher finish.

Also, I’m so glad my two Man Utd supporting mates were completed wrong with their ‘info’ from earlier in the season :crylaugh:

42 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The best news of the summer, just love the guy.

* I bet it takes less than 24 hours for a rag to print some story about a Delph style clause and him doing us a favour to secure a good price when he goes to United. Knobs.

There you go

'VILLA'S SIGNING OF THE SUMMER OUT OF NOWHERE'

Sky Sports’ Gerard Brand:

“Out of nowhere, and with three weeks of the transfer window remaining, Grealish has all but put an end to talk of his future at Aston Villa.

“No matter who Villa sign this summer, this is their biggest coup under Dean Smith, and allows them to plan for this season knowing their skipper and talisman remains. He is the man to build a team around.

“This will have a knock-on impact on Manchester United's plans; struggling with the Jadon Sancho saga, they have Gareth Bale as an option on loan, but Grealish looks to be out of the equation for them now. 

Villa fans will be hoping this isn't a repeat of the Fabian Delph episode in the summer of 2015 - the midfielder signed a new deal in January, released a statement in July insisting he was staying at Villa Park, and then left for Manchester City six days later. Villa were relegated with 17 points that season.

“But for lifelong Villa fan Grealish, a U-turn would be far-fetched. 'It is my club, my home, and I am very happy here,' he said upon signing.”

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dubbs said:

If its true that he now earns £140k a week do you reckon he'd be up for lending me a bit 🤣

Reminds of the time I was sat in the lower trinity with Collymore warming up to come on (hidden Kenneth alert), some bloke just kept shouting his name, then every time Collymore looked round he’d shout “lend us a tenner”. A few people laughed but most just found him really annoying. 

6 minutes ago, markc said:

There you go

'VILLA'S SIGNING OF THE SUMMER OUT OF NOWHERE'

Sky Sports’ Gerard Brand:

“Out of nowhere, and with three weeks of the transfer window remaining, Grealish has all but put an end to talk of his future at Aston Villa.

“No matter who Villa sign this summer, this is their biggest coup under Dean Smith, and allows them to plan for this season knowing their skipper and talisman remains. He is the man to build a team around.

“This will have a knock-on impact on Manchester United's plans; struggling with the Jadon Sancho saga, they have Gareth Bale as an option on loan, but Grealish looks to be out of the equation for them now. 

Villa fans will be hoping this isn't a repeat of the Fabian Delph episode in the summer of 2015 - the midfielder signed a new deal in January, released a statement in July insisting he was staying at Villa Park, and then left for Manchester City six days later. Villa were relegated with 17 points that season.

“But for lifelong Villa fan Grealish, a U-turn would be far-fetched. 'It is my club, my home, and I am very happy here,' he said upon signing.”

Yeah, they're still not letting it go! Sly Sky, typically stubborn, always stirring things up. 

Â