The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

41 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

is that legit?, did he really just completely ignore the question?

jees, what a tool.

Nah, that account is living up to its name there. He answered it right after the clip cuts off there. Not a very good answer mind, but he does.

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Is that genuine?  As in not edited all?

No edit, just cut. he said after

"Jack did fine, you know. He had 1 lovely run that he got into the penalty area, that I thought he was going to get a shot away. So, yeah, he's dipped his toes. Importantly for him he's had the chance to work with us and see the intensity that we work at , ermmmmm, in with the squad, ermmmmmm, get an idea of positional expectations and he can build on that now" 

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Ignore Jack for a minute... 

He wants congratulating for trying to play a player in a position that he's never played at a professional level for his club before? 

The man's clueless 

The fact that he said that Jack wasn't an option at CM despite actually playing a full season and a bit there for his club is even more damning. Jack is a better player than Mount, if Southgate was smart he could have played him there and tried to take credit for "trying" him out there.

21 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Earlier expressing his delight for other debutantes, Phillips and Cody. After waxing lyrical about Mount, excellence at CM that he's not seen since he was 16, Southgate's little experiment that paid off 🥴

I 'hope' Southgate is pissed with the media narrative and it's not personal. But he stinks of weakness. Trying to impose authority, when you just live authority. Either way, you don't punish Jack because of it, which is what he is doing. You nurture and if you're really clever you take credit for his inclusion. Jack is unique, no one else in that England squad has his skill-set. Southgate is the worst kind of man. An ass who thinks he's smart. Keown comes to mind in the footballing world.

Unless he is consciously unaware of his bias. He is so patronising. Like his set-up is completely at odds with Villa. The pressure that Jack carries at this club is huge. Huge.  The intensity that Villa work at is Premier League. 

UTV and f**k Southgate's England

Can you be consciously unaware? Is that the same as unconscious bias? Or is that knowing you probably have an unconscious bias and doing nothing about it?

As for Sothhgate, he is definitely being a condescending pr!#k with that comment. Whether he knows it or not,  it's a doucehbag thing to say. 

52 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Nah, that account is living up to its name there. He answered it right after the clip cuts off there. Not a very good answer mind, but he does.

He really didn’t answer the question.  He answered a completely different question, then acknowledged that he heard the original question - an indirect way of saying stop asking about Grealish.

The way he answered that question was childish and full of petulance - and he was clearly upset that his plan of giving jack 15 minutes in which he does nothing, and never picking him again saying ‘well I gave him a chance and he didn’t take it’ had just completely backfired.

You’d think someone had just asked him something completely irrelevant, and personal.

’hows your missus Gareth?’

[pause]
[perplexed look]
’We played really well, should have won. Mason Mount and Connor Coady played really well. Phillips was great. Sancho, **** amazing.  My dier experiment really worked. That rice kid.. unbelievable player.  Yh my missus is fine, but she needs to improve her cooking, and watch her weight.’

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

maybe it’s a self sabotage thing.. Southgate’s thought process..

...move from Villa... to Middlesbrough.. 

.. yeah I’ll take a penalty boss!..

... I could be a great England manager..

He’s actually scared of getting it right!!!

15 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Can you be consciously unaware? Is that the same as unconscious bias? Or is that knowing you probably have an unconscious bias and doing nothing about it?

As for Sothhgate, he is definitely being a condescending pr!#k with that comment. Whether he knows it or not,  it's a doucehbag thing to say. 

So I meant unconscious bias yeah. In that he is unaware that he is bias when it comes to Jack and genuinely believes what he is saying and doing (Jack isn't up to standard and intensity required. Southgate has better options, and the squad is better off without Jack). As opposed to knowing he is being bias with Jack, but he deems it necessary to stamp his authority down and develop the culture that he wants. He wants the narrative to be about 'team' not 'indivdual'. But this is not Jack's fault.

Its become a bit of a parody. The more the media, fans etc. question the more he digs he heels in. Maybe it's cognitive dissonance. He didn't Jack would be ever good enough. Evidence is starting to mount to the contrary, yet he refuses to even consider it. I cannot see how it well end well for Jack or England.

If I was him I would switch the narrative and make it about what a great decision I made to bring him into the squad. I would set away from the situation and decide whether I'm being logical or emotional. Emotion is good in certain circumstance but not in long term decision making. Ultimately what is the goal. For England to win. Will having Jack in the squad facilitate that? Strip it back. Am I allowing my personal unrelated experiences affect my decision making. But this is just what I try to do and would do.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

So I meant unconscious bias yeah. In that he is unaware that he is bias when it comes to Jack and genuinely believes what he is saying and doing (Jack isn't up to standard and intensity required. Southgate has better options, and the squad is better off without Jack). As opposed to knowing he is being bias with Jack, but he deems it necessary to stamp his authority down and develop the culture that he wants. He wants the narrative to be about 'team' not 'indivdual'. But this is not Jack's fault.

Its become a bit of a parody. The more the media, fans etc. question the more he digs he heels in. Maybe it's cognitive dissonance. He didn't Jack would be ever good enough. Evidence is starting to mount to the contrary, yet he refuses to even consider it. I cannot see how it well end well for Jack or England.

If I was him I would switch the narrative and make it about what a great decision I made to bring him into the squad. I would set away from the situation and decide whether I'm being logical or emotional. Emotion is good in certain circumstance but not in long term decision making. Ultimately what is the goal. For England to win. Will having Jack in the squad facilitate that? Strip it back. Am I allowing my personal unrelated experiences affect my decision making. But this is just what I try to do and would do.

Sadly it seems as though, contrary to popular opinion, Southgate is actually a bit thick. Don't see him realising this given the evidence so far, but i live in hope. Or maybe he makes a complete hash of the Nations' League over the next few months and gets sacked (ha!!)

15 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Au contraire I think its going very well indeed. The best thing for England is to get in a competent manager and replace the failed Southgate. The past week has certainly been a helpful step towards that goal. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've started thinking from another angle.

In addition to what a poster above said about not liking the "Star quality".

Is he extra hard on Jack because he thinks he is a special talent, but doesn't want praise to get to his head and him to think he has "made it" before addressing certain parts of his game? 

Am I clutching?

I think there could be an element of not making it all about one player and more about the team as a whole. But he is going about it the wrong way.

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Au contraire I think its going very well indeed. The best thing for England is to get in a competent manager. The past week has certainly been a helpful step towards that goal. 

He seems to be the FA's man though. This whole 'club England' shite, they'll probs replace him with Aidy Boothroyd. Southgate was not particularly successful with u21s, I don't understand it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

He seems to be the FA's man though. This whole 'club England' shite, they'll probs replace him with Aidy Boothroyd. Southgate was not particularly successful with u21s, I don't understand it.

Agree. I think its weakness. The FA was humiliated by Big Sam and Capello, they just wanted Hodgson 2.0 some weak fool who they could throw to the wolves when needed. Southgate's time will come when the press turns on him. The FA is utterly unconcerned with winning anything at the national level. They regard England's national football team as a sort of private honours system.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

Â