The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, CardiffGreens said:

If we're still playing that interminable dirge next June they'll be plenty of knives out, but I've seen plenty of England sides flatter to deceive in warmups and qualifiers only to turn up ghastly performances in the finals; so perhaps GS is trying to engineer the reverse (hope springs eternal and all that).

This is exactly where we see heading in my opinion. 

Sick of seeing excuses offered about players not yet fit as well.  Isn't that true of Denmark and Iceland too? Belgium didn't seem to struggle with the same handicap. 

52 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Very little off ball movement based on that. I didn't watch the match mind. 

It was like it the whole game. It was bad. Really, really bad. I was cheering on the Danes until Grealish came on. We were so bad.

Jack looked like he belongs at this level.He has always had talent but yesterday I saw confidence with a bit of arrogance which all great players need.He did more in his short cameo than Sancho did in 2 games.

Phillips who I think is a good player looked like a rabbit in the headlights especially in the first half.To give a cap to someone with no premier league experience is crazy.How comparable is the championship to international football?

The good news for us is Jack looked sharp and if he performs like he did last year Southgate is going to be under a lot of pressure to pick him again.

Jacks best hope of a prolonged run in the England side is not by moving club but when Southgate is inevitably sacked.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Very little off ball movement based on that. I didn't watch the match mind. 

TAA made a run for him but it was the wrong one, he darts towards the box and actually the defender, he could have done with just slowing down and peeling off to the edge of the box to give himself more space, especially considering he was likely going to hit it 1st time left footed - another viewing, he runs in the centre stutters and takes a side step to his left, he should have made his original run to where he actually ends up and I think he gets the ball

I do of course have all my UEFA licenses so im not talking bollocks and telling maybe the best RB in the world how to play football...

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

TAA made a run for him but it was the wrong one, he darts towards the box and actually the defender, he could have done with just slowing down and peeling off to the edge of the box to give himself more space, especially considering he was likely going to hit it 1st time left footed

I do of course have all my UEFA licenses so im not talking bollocks and telling maybe the best RB in the world how to play football...

Tbf Arnold was probably in shock at seeing a teammate dribbling the ball. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

probably blinded by the lights after 80 minutes of 40 yard diagonals to him

Southball, Shitgate or whatever the media label it eventually, is awful. We’ll get shanked by Belgium (obvs Jack won’t play) and hopefully someone at the FA will grow a pair. 

1 hour ago, Only2McInallys said:

Jack looked like he belongs at this level.He has always had talent but yesterday I saw confidence with a bit of arrogance which all great players need.He did more in his short cameo than Sancho did in 2 games.

Phillips who I think is a good player looked like a rabbit in the headlights especially in the first half.To give a cap to someone with no premier league experience is crazy.How comparable is the championship to international football?

The good news for us is Jack looked sharp and if he performs like he did last year Southgate is going to be under a lot of pressure to pick him again.

Jacks best hope of a prolonged run in the England side is not by moving club but when Southgate is inevitably sacked.

I thought Phillips looked absolutely fine.  Substantially better than Rice as well. 

Agree with the rest of your post though

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I thought Phillips looked absolutely fine.  Substantially better than Rice as well. 

Agree with the rest of your post though

It's funny how we see games differently isn't it. I, too, though he really struggled. Regularly giving the ball away and when he didn't give it away, it was a simple 5/10 yard pass. I think, however, it didn't help him having virtually no options to go forward!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

It's funny how we see games differently isn't it. I, too, though he really struggled. Regularly giving the ball away and when he didn't give it away, it was a simple 5/10 yard pass. I think, however, it didn't help him having virtually no options to go forward!

Sure is. Maybe I was focusing more on the relative nature of his play compared with the rest of the useless players on show.

Certainly he got the highest rating from the neutrals on BBC. But even that wasn't high so you could well argue he played poorly and be right :)

Philips played well for a DM, the team however was poor , we could have Messi in it and even he would look shit.

Jack is the best English attacking midfield player in the premier League and the stats prove it. Southgate is the issue, not the players .

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Waistcoat w*nker asked twice about Grealish and avoids the questions. Utterly embarrassing and so unprofessional. 

What's his problem? Mount looked fine, but a bit sleight, a bit seen-it-all-before. Jack looked like a frikking tonk hero who the whole team should be built around.

Â