The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

40 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

A dire performance at the euros could well happen on Saturdays and today’s evidence unless the tactic was to play for a dull boring nil nil draw in which case it was perfect management other than a highly dubious penalty in the 90th minute on Saturday.

On the upside the lad that came on with 15 minutes to go looked decent beating a couple of men and driving into the box 

Who have Southgate’s England actually beaten of note? I can only think of the 3-2 victory against Spain in the ‘nations league’. Any half decent oppo team and they’ve struggled.

• Like 3

He really is a special player. I was worried I was inherently bias because of the Villa. But you seen that tonight, 15 mins and he’s another level. If he was at a team challenging the upper echelon he would be considered one of the best in the world. Just glides past players. Best like 👀 Gonna shine even brighter with the Villa this season.

• Like 2

Concerned that Sterling Rashford and Kane are the first three names on the teamsheet when fit. Jack will then be behind Sancho (fk knows why) as the first sub choice. Greenwood will no doubt return being given preferential treatment too. And Foden and Mount seem to be first choice in the attacking midfield spots. I just can't see him getting in the team again unless there are numerous injuries.

The only stroke of luck is his court appearance has been delayed beyond the third round of fixtures in November so at least any guilty verdict there won't hinder his chances this side of new year. Deserves to start the next game, having not pulled out for some mythical reason,  having not breached the team rules (or indeed the law of the country they were staying in), and having demonstrated the only creativity of the 11 people playing tonight.  But you know he won't.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

TAA made a terrible run there. Jack could have cut it back to him if he curled his run to the edge of the penalty box instead of moving further in it.

You can't blame TAA there, he's not played with a world class player before

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The mask has slipped over the last week for all opposition fans.

So many were going mad on social media for Grealish to come on.

Blues fans, Leeds fans, Wolves fans all moaning we needed Grealish. We knew you all loved him really you Representatives for Wellingborough.

Just wait until he wins England a game!

Not sure Southgate will change much sadly.

Henderson, Ox-Chamberlain, Barkley and Rashford plus Foden and Greenwood to all come back into the squad. Jack should be there. He should the alternative option. He has something no one else does.

If he matches last season's form I think it'll be enough, but that is a bloody high level.

• Like 2

England hardly score a goal from open play against any semi competant defence e.g. not Panama.

He should be starting.

Actually from the highlights he easily could've played on the left given Sterling was drifting in from that side and picking up the ball centrally and at least trying to slide in some balls for Kane.

ChristIan Eriksen making a complete mug of Eric Dier in the first half summed up England for me, they simply don't have that sort of quality centrally which makes the cold shoulder treatment of Jack all the more bizarre as within 10 games I reckon he'd be crucial to England's set up. Guess that's earmarked for Foden but he ain't walking back into the 11 for a while and I think he's better a little deeper anyway.

He looked dangerous last night. Mount played well when he came on but why bring him on to then change his position.

Surely if Southgate wanted to bring on a winger he brings on the player he thinks can play winger (Grealish) and then Mount into centre mid.

I really don’t want to adhere to the opinion that he has something against him but he went out of his way to not pick him for the squad and out of his way to play him for less time last night. 

Anyway, great to see him get a cap here’s to the next 4 he will get in his whole career. 

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Over 10 years I've been following this thread.

Since we're quoting posts from the first page, here's another one that has aged well (in a different way...)

On 06/07/2010 at 04:02, Mr_Dogg said:

A 14 year old has more technical ability than Adam Johnson?

Where do people see Jack’s position next season? May be in the minority but I prefer him off the left. I think he naturally gravitates toward there anyway. I know people say central has more influence but he has total influence over Villa play anyway, and he finds pockets of space out there and cuts inside.
He tends to roam too. Which is OK if LCM covers, not to expose Target. 

9 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Up until that happened with Jack and he went through a few players and were stopped by a three man sandwich, you just really have to say the match was boring as F***.

England have gone back to there boring ways and southgate is a manager who wont give Jack much chances. Imagine the raves if he had of scored the winner off of that move last night SG wouldnt of been able to say no.

SG is a turd if he doesnt start Jack in next game, all the signs are there to play him when the rest of the left's are playing like boy scouts.

• Like 1

Â