The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

It is also creating a monster in the amount of pressure it is heaping on Jack for when he finally does make his England debut.

Rather than easing into the senior setup as a young lad, he will have to do it after a massive campaign to get him into the team, with hugely inflated expectation levels as a result. It is literally setting him up to fail. Which he won't, because he's brilliant. But you get my point

Never did Barry any harm, didn’t we have a slogan left side right player for a long time. 

9 hours ago, Awol said:

When he says “others are ahead of him” the simple follow up question is by what metric? By what statistical evidence does Jack Grealish not blow the likes of Mount, Winks & Ward-Prowse out of the water? 

Southgate isn’t comparing Jack to these players though. He’s comparing him stupidly to the wide forwards. In a way I agree that the likes of Sterling and Sancho out wide are better than Jack in the way that England play.  What is baffling is that the person who would put through the best through balls for these is Jack. So then he should be compared to Mount in which he is miles ahead in pretty much every department 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mantis said:

I'm almost morbidly curious to see just how well Jack could perform without South word removed calling him up to the England squad. Because there has to be a threshold surely? A point at which Jack's performances and stats are so good that not selecting him becomes virtually impossible?

Definitely one of the weirdest vendettas in football. What a pathetic loser Southgate is.

This is the thing isn't it. 

Jack is a sublime player. How can Southgate not be curious to see how he does? He knows everything about Sterling he needs to know. 

It's impossible to believe any manager wouldn't find a spot for him in a squad or two and give him a run out just to see. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Southgate isn’t comparing Jack to these players though. He’s comparing him stupidly to the wide forwards. In a way I agree that the likes of Sterling and Sancho out wide are better than Jack in the way that England play.  What is baffling is that the person who would put through the best through balls for these is Jack. So then he should be compared to Mount in which he is miles ahead in pretty much every department 

Add to that he specifically said he picked Greenwood over Jack. A bloke playing RW. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

No. Southgate doesn't like Jack because he's got swag.

I'm sure Gascoigne, Ince, McManaman, Sheringham etc. all took the piss out of Gareth during Euro '96 (Southgate's 1st England tournament.) The run up to tournament included  the infamous Dentist's chair in Thailand. Seriously, can you imagine going on a lads holiday to Bangkok with Southgate?

He's essentially the nerdy dickhead kid that everyone laughs at and doesn't even bother bullying because he's a dick. But now, oh now he's the prefect. Oh yes, he's in charge now and he's out for revenge. Anyone he even senses that sees through his ridiculous veneer of respectability is not going to be allowed into that squad.

He didn't do anything as a domestic manager to warrant the position he has. Absolutely nothing. Oh he 'managed' the England U21's and probably made them laugh at him - whoop e doo. He's a joke, he sucks and he can **** off. I am so confident that he will never win anything as England manager I promise $2000 to VT if he does. But he won't - he has the charisma and aptitude of a wet fart. **** clearing in the woods.

Poetry!!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Good article. As opposed to Gareth Southgate who is a useless article. 

I agree. I think the article is also the view of the majority now. Even if your not a Villa fan you'd still want the cream of the crop representing the National side. 

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I agree. I think the article is also the view of the majority now. Even if your not a Villa fan you'd still want the cream of the crop representing the National side. 

Yes journalists and the general football public are now getting on board with this. Southgate is possibly one bad game away from getting real stick. He’s brought it on himself with his pathetic and immature treatment of Jack. That and the fact that he must be the least qualified manager we’ve ever had. 

Edited by DaveAV1

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yes journalists and the general football public are now getting on board with this. Southgate is possibly one bad game away from getting real stick. He’s brought it on himself with his pathetic and immature treatment of Jack. That and the fact that he must be the least qualified manager we’ve ever had. 

Yeah, he is backing himself into a corner with his hypocritical decision making. I think now it's becoming a situation of injustice which if Southgate plays it wrong could seriously backfire on him.

All Jack just needs to continue on his current trajectory and the pressure will continue to ramp up for his inclusion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If this happens then I will breathe easy - if not Man U then I don't see who else comes in this window for Jack. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/30/manchester-united-in-contention-to-sign-donny-van-de-beek-from-ajax

Manchester United in contention to sign Donny van de Beek from Ajax

Leeds? 

• Haha 3

Seems like he's going then. Can't really blame him we aren't doing anything to show that we have any ambition other than just surviving. Maybe it will all work out in the end, sometimes when things look bad, good things happen.

• Confused 1

Â