Jump to content

Recommended Posts

When he says “others are ahead of him” the simple follow up question is by what metric? By what statistical evidence does Jack Grealish not blow the likes of Mount, Winks & Ward-Prowse out of the water? 

Southgate is pathetic but the journos failing to ask the proper questions aren’t worth a fart. 

If performs as well this season as last this story will keep coming back & Southgate will break. All England fans know he folds under pressure. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Awol said:

When he says “others are ahead of him” the simple follow up question is by what metric? By what statistical evidence does Jack Grealish not blow the likes of Mount, Winks & Ward-Prowse out of the water? 

None

I'm happy to be corrected but Jack is statistically the best English midfielder

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm almost morbidly curious to see just how well Jack could perform without South word removed calling him up to the England squad. Because there has to be a threshold surely? A point at which Jack's performances and stats are so good that not selecting him becomes virtually impossible?

Definitely one of the weirdest vendettas in football. What a pathetic loser Southgate is.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

It is also creating a monster in the amount of pressure it is heaping on Jack for when he finally does make his England debut.

Rather than easing into the senior setup as a young lad, he will have to do it after a massive campaign to get him into the team, with hugely inflated expectation levels as a result. It is literally setting him up to fail. Which he won't, because he's brilliant. But you get my point

I thought the same, but in a sense, it's pretty much what he has been dealing with (with us) for the last few years. (Pressure and expectation)

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s only an issue this season/window though. Southgate will be gone after the Euros one way or another and the new manager will likely pick Jack. Just sucks for him he will miss that tournament.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mantis said:

I'm almost morbidly curious to see just how well Jack could perform without South word removed calling him up to the England squad. Because there has to be a threshold surely? A point at which Jack's performances and stats are so good that not selecting him becomes virtually impossible?

Definitely one of the weirdest vendettas in football. What a pathetic loser Southgate is.

We're already at that point surely? Forget about performances, the stats are indisputable now. There's nowhere to hide for Southgate she yet he's still not picking him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't Jack have a fallout with Southgate at underage level. Jack was quite immature at the time but at least one of the two has matured since that issue

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Didn't Jack have a fallout with Southgate at underage level. Jack was quite immature at the time but at least one of the two has matured since that issue

At lest one of the two's noses had increased in length and girth exponentially since then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick hypothetical:

So Grealish improves again this season and contributes massive stupid crazy good numbers, so let's say 14 goals and 17 assists , just to prove Southgate wrong.. How can Southgate continue to leave him out? 

Again the numbers are ridiculous, but it's a hypothetical.

Edited by AVFCforever1991
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack will be motivated by this hopefully and be on his game from week 1.  If he sulks it proves Southgate right so has to be good for us ultimately.

Edited by S-Platt
Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine Jack is now at the point where he accepts he won’t get in the squad while Southgate is in charge. I can’t see it effecting his game at all, he will just be his usual quality self. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I imagine Jack is now at the point where he accepts he won’t get in the squad while Southgate is in charge. I can’t see it effecting his game at all, he will just be his usual quality self. 

I pretty much agree with this but for who is my concern 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â