The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

When he says “others are ahead of him” the simple follow up question is by what metric? By what statistical evidence does Jack Grealish not blow the likes of Mount, Winks & Ward-Prowse out of the water? 

None

I'm happy to be corrected but Jack is statistically the best English midfielder

• Like 2

I'm almost morbidly curious to see just how well Jack could perform without South word removed calling him up to the England squad. Because there has to be a threshold surely? A point at which Jack's performances and stats are so good that not selecting him becomes virtually impossible?

Definitely one of the weirdest vendettas in football. What a pathetic loser Southgate is.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

It is also creating a monster in the amount of pressure it is heaping on Jack for when he finally does make his England debut.

Rather than easing into the senior setup as a young lad, he will have to do it after a massive campaign to get him into the team, with hugely inflated expectation levels as a result. It is literally setting him up to fail. Which he won't, because he's brilliant. But you get my point

I thought the same, but in a sense, it's pretty much what he has been dealing with (with us) for the last few years. (Pressure and expectation)

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

I'm almost morbidly curious to see just how well Jack could perform without South word removed calling him up to the England squad. Because there has to be a threshold surely? A point at which Jack's performances and stats are so good that not selecting him becomes virtually impossible?

Definitely one of the weirdest vendettas in football. What a pathetic loser Southgate is.

We're already at that point surely? Forget about performances, the stats are indisputable now. There's nowhere to hide for Southgate she yet he's still not picking him.

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Didn't Jack have a fallout with Southgate at underage level. Jack was quite immature at the time but at least one of the two has matured since that issue

At lest one of the two's noses had increased in length and girth exponentially since then.

Quick hypothetical:

So Grealish improves again this season and contributes massive stupid crazy good numbers, so let's say 14 goals and 17 assists , just to prove Southgate wrong.. How can Southgate continue to leave him out? 

Again the numbers are ridiculous, but it's a hypothetical.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Jack will be motivated by this hopefully and be on his game from week 1.  If he sulks it proves Southgate right so has to be good for us ultimately.

Edited by S-Platt

14 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I imagine Jack is now at the point where he accepts he won’t get in the squad while Southgate is in charge. I can’t see it effecting his game at all, he will just be his usual quality self. 

I pretty much agree with this but for who is my concern 

• Like 1

Â