The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Did it?

Man City have taken a steaming dump all over FFP in recent years but have managed to bend the rules/bribe/find ways around it... Wasn't Purslow part of the committee/group that set up FFP in the first place?

Yes they have, but they can hide behind CL revenue, “sponsorship” deals and whatever else at the moment. The way they did it back in 2010 or whenever it was, it sort of happened over night, the buying up of whoever they wanted, Agueros, Tevezs, Adebayors, Nasris, Yaya Toures, David Silvas, they did by paying them whatever wages they wanted and dishing out whatever transfer fees it took to attain those players without batting an eyelid.

The Drawbridge has very much come up now yes, because you think if we did the same now we wouldnt get fined, docked points, the lot? We cannot get away with what they did because the rules changed.

8 hours ago, Morkery said:

I think he'd have signed a new deal if he was staying.

I realise he signed one last year, but a new one would've put an end to the story.

he signed it 2 years ago, so 3 years left afaik.

8 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

But you would think a bumper new deal would have been offered by now ? 

ye defo :(

i wonder if he is waiting to see who we sign before deciding if we are "moving forward".....  (or just not signing cus he doesnt see his future here....who knows)

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Morkery said:

If he wanted to stay, I think they'd have done it pretty quick.

i can understand him possibly saying "the owners say they are going to fund us getting back towards the top 6, show me in this window they mean it and i will sign.......if they dont i wont".

I have a feeling he’ll be off. Tbh, if he doesn’t sign a new contract this week, I think he’ll be gone. 

Will be gutted if he goes, devastated even. One thing it will do though, is make for a very interesting summer. Our 100m (speculation) budget will increase to 180m. 

I can’t even contemplate Grealish leaving but if he does, we could literally improve nearly every position (obviously minus Grealish). 

Thinking out loud about what we could buy with that money (total and utter nonsensical speculation):

Henry - 12m

Cash - 12m

Rashica - 22m

Edouard - 30m

Swift - 6m

Sarr - 30m

Benrahma - 28m

Watkins - 25m

Hughes - 10m

Martinez - 10m

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

But you would think a bumper new deal would have been offered by now ? 

42 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

he signed it 2 years ago, so 3 years left afaik.

yes but signed an improved one last year

7 minutes ago, Morkery said:

I think the ownership circumstances were a little more **** up at the time, don't you?

Oh definitely, there’s no doubt about that. I’m not excusing Delphi’s behaviour but we were certainly a right mess back then and about to get worse  

Right now I don’t think we’ve ever been in better shape ownership wise. Which in turn gives me confidence that we’re doing everything possible to keep hold of Jack. We don’t know what has been said behind closed doors or what might be in the pipeline regarding his contract. I agree though it would be a big public notice of intent if he signed a new contract. Fingers crossed 🤞he does. 

Â