The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

46 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Southgate wont call him up as a replacement....that would involve too much bowing to pressure.

Exactly what I thought. He'll dig his (stiletto) heels in. 

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Grealiah won't get called up with Rashford out.

Apparently Southgates new statement is that "Jack must prove to me that the earth is flat and aliens exist".

Sounds about in line with what we would expect southgate to say, so probably true.

So basically Jack is going to prove to us all aliens exist 4 sure, then Southate will say:

"I didn't state WHICH aliens you had to prove the existence of".

I'm pretty sure Southgate is an alien. No human has a nose that big and pointy! 

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

spacer.png

Well the size of the thing is frightenin'

Stops the sun from shining light in

You can see it wherever he goes

Thompson's nose, Thompson's nose, Thompson's nose 

(Pardon me, sorry for going OT)

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Rolta said:

It looks more dodge when Levy's nose isn't big and pointy.

It’s a great word pointy, pointy nose, pointy face, pointy head, pointy features etc

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Or he can marry a Brazilian get his Brazilian documents and start setting them up for Neymar et Al. I think he'd be better off with either France or Spain. Even Ze Germans would suit his game (shudders).

Edit - I think Jack has actually reinvented an old position. It says LW on the team sheet but his most dangerous play is from the left inside forward position. So he's a LiF lol.

Yeah

Jack is an inside forward...for me.

• Like 1

Does anyone think we may see Jack back in centre midfield again this season, like at the start of last?

With Luiz now excelling in the defensive role, McGinn going up and down, all day long, perhaps there's opportunity for Jack to be the attacking one of the three.

I thought he was poor there last season, but maybe a new season with better wingers (here's hoping!) and an infinitely better Luiz will see him in the middle again. If he's going to play for England, I think this is his best positional opportunity to do so.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Does anyone think we may see Jack back in centre midfield again this season, like at the start of last?

With Luiz now excelling in the defensive role, McGinn going up and down, all day long, perhaps there's opportunity for Jack to be the attacking one of the three.

I thought he was poor there last season, but maybe a new season with better wingers (here's hoping!) and an infinitely better Luiz will see him in the middle again. If he's going to play for England, I think this is his best positional opportunity to do so.

This is the ideal scenario. I guess it's worth a try at first. Might want to even ease ourselves into it.

54 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I hope so, with Jack as part of the mid three we would keep the ball more, have more possession, I think we played better football at the beginning of last season with him, Luiz and McGinn. A perfect balanced mid three imo. I recon he was moved forward just because we needed him more there as we weren't creating or scoring enough. If we get Benrahma it would be perfect to have Jack in the middle and Benrahma as the wide left forward (or someone else of his calibre).

In what way did you think he was poor in the midfield position?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I hope so, with Jack as part of the mid three we would keep the ball more, have more possession, I think we played better football at the beginning of last season with him, Luiz and McGinn. A perfect balanced mid three imo. I recon he was moved forward just because we needed him more there as we weren't creating or scoring enough. If we get Benrahma it would be perfect to have Jack in the middle and Benrahma as the wide left forward (or someone else of his calibre).

In what way did you think he was poor in the midfield position?

I just think he struggled to impact on games. Too much time spent defending, not enough time going forward. 

However, I think a lot of that was down to having such poor wide players. If we can improve our forward three, (ideally three new players), then I think Jack can absolutely flourish in CM. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, omariqy said:

I listened to the podcast too and whilst I agree with some of it, they are a very cynical bunch. I think they are being contrarian for contrarian's sake. An example is Grealish creating Keinan's chance against Arsenal. They mention that's not a big chance and Keinan still had to run and outmuscle a player. Whilst on the face of it that may be true. It was a massive chance created by unbelievable play that you would see someone like Messi do for Barca. Grealish does not play in the same position as Sancho or Rashford. They are forwards. Grealish plays from the left but is always in behind the midfield and between the lines. Foden and Mount are his competition. We all know it. Southgate knows it and I was dissapointed MOMs twisted it the way they did. 

Edit: they've always been fairly critical of Grealish and comparing him to players of 20/30 years ago. It's an unfair stance given the teams he is playing in.

Totally agree. I'm a long time listener of the pod and still think it's the best Villa related one out there, but it was a very skewed argument effectively supporting his exclusion.

It started slipping into the realms of the absurd when they were suggesting that if he was that good then we should be expecting to get something out of Man City and Liverpool when we play them.

By the end of the pod they'd unwittingly done at volte-face by saying perhaps he was the kind of player England might need when unable to break down stubborn sides. Well, hello...isn't that essentially the argument for having him in the squad all along? He's clearly something of a one off in the current era and would definitely offer something different if things weren't going to plan.

Very disappointing analysis of the situation. I must admit it's never as good if, as is often the case of late, Dan Rodgers is not on it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, birdistheword said:

Hopefully nothing in it but he’s gone from 4/1 to odds on to join Utd...

Just checked and he still 2 to 5 on to stay at the villa with odds checker But they just seem some money has gone on him going to United recently And he’s odds on with a couple of them

Â