The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I just saw that too, it is worrying if true. And coming from the Birmingham Mail, its almost like they want Grealish to leave...I don't get it. Are they just doing this to generate traffic to their page?

But surely we aren't stupid enough to sell one of the best players we ever seen in a Villa shirt?

I can't believe we would let our best player leave, for less than he's worth, in return for a couple of poor fringe players from that lot. Even worse if they were only on loan! Goodness me that would be a shocking deal.

Has to be that awful rag just rehashing made up stories from elsewhere as usual. I think you are absolutely right that it's purely yet another Click-bait headline (which i didn't click actually just saw the headline and presumed it was a rehash of that ridiculous Mirror story i saw earlier.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villa94 said:

i jumped on the bandwagon of calling southgate this and that for not calling up jack but have just listened to the “my old man said” podcast where they make some really good points about it so check it out if you can 🙂

I heard the podcast....They make some feasible points, buts its all down to opinions.....I don't entirely/fully agree with them, I think that are being a bit hard on him.

I do agree that, the quality he has around him, is probably holding him back, he is being compared with players who have world class around them....I was rather hoping we could fix part of that this window, but not so sure, so far.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Grealish leaving for Manchester United in order to break into the England squad or to further his career in general is not an argument based on concrete reasoning. There are no guarantees for Grealish no matter where he plays next season, or the season after, outside of what he is contractually obliged to, and like every footballer, he's only as good as his last performance, so will need to keep proving himself and delivering if he wants to succeed in the game. Currently he's good enough to have a Premier League team built around him and the ceiling hasn't even been reached yet. In regards to England, the call up of a Leeds midfielder who has never played a single minute of Premier League football is just about the only evidence needed to see that Grealish's spot in the natonal team is not determined or dependent on him moving to United. I'd be surprised if he leaves if I'm honest.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 2

I'd be so pissed if we gave away Grealish for two players who do not even make it into the utd side, in fact I'll be pissed if our owners let Grealish go.  We need Grealish for a good many reason and this is business and if our Owners want to move up in league position keeping Jack is no1 priority.

Goalkeeper Sergio Romero and full-back Diogo Dalot for Grealish and possibly some money, your having a laugh ain't you man utd, they need to do better than that, much better.

best thing for us is to keep him and best thing for Grealish well he has to decide that but I dont think going to utd is any better than being here at Villa, in fact his position would be worse. Grealish goes to utd and becomes a rotated player grabbing minimum time, Grealish gets first team football at Villa. To me he is worth more than what utd can actually offer.

9 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I just saw that too, it is worrying if true. And coming from the Birmingham Mail, its almost like they want Grealish to leave...I don't get it. Are they just doing this to generate traffic to their page?

But surely we aren't stupid enough to sell one of the best players we ever seen in a Villa shirt?

No, I'm sure their number one priority is maintaining the integrity of their journalism.

• Haha 4

Their approach for Grealish is tantamount to tapping up imo: these little ‘leaks’ here and there at opportune moments. ‘Oh not in the England squad, yeh, we’re still interested’. Classy they ain’t.

Give it up Utd: like us, you aren’t the team you were 20 years ago. Your stadium is crumbling, your coach wouldn’t get near a top ten side if it wasn’t for his playing career, and your fan base is dwindling. Oh and one more thing: our owners have deep fu**ing pockets and they aren’t mortgaging the history of the club like some we could mention: if you thought you were priced out of Sancho, you’ve seen nothing yet. 

Jack, if you want to go there: they’ll need to pay big. You’ll never be accepted as ‘one of them’ by their flaky supporters. You won’t get guaranteed playing time and you won’t develop with Baby Face as coach. And you can enjoy playing in the ‘theatre of dreams’ so long as you realise it leaks like a sieve and its curtain call was a long time ago. History is a beautiful thing but times change and Utd are done. 

Keep putting the performances in for the Villa, stop being a dickhead now and them, and you’ll get into the England team. Lead us into our next chapter. 

If he goes to Manure, there is no guarantee he will be selected for the national side. Sewergrate will just make up another excuse, and Jack would have left Villa for nothing.

Jack's best chance for a cap is to wait until England has a manager who has a clue. It seems clear he is not getting into the England side with this dickhead in charge.

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Wonder if Grealish we be in contention now that apparently 5 of the players Southgate selected has tested positive for Covid-19 after their holidays?

That would be such a grey, limp, soggy - almost Southgate-esque way to get his call up.

20 minutes ago, sne said:

Wonder if Grealish we be in contention now that apparently 5 of the players Southgate selected has tested positive for Covid-19 after their holidays?

Nope - Southgate will dig his heals in and plough on with what he’s got (although Eze is now a prem league player so deserves a call up 😉

I imagine Jack would be disappointed to be called up in such a manner but no doubt would bust a gut to play because that’s the type of lad he is. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TRO said:

I heard the podcast....They make some feasible points, buts its all down to opinions.....I don't entirely/fully agree with them, I think that are being a bit hard on him.

I do agree that, the quality he has around him, is probably holding him back, he is being compared with players who have world class around them....I was rather hoping we could fix part of that this window, but not so sure, so far.

I listened to the podcast too and whilst I agree with some of it, they are a very cynical bunch. I think they are being contrarian for contrarian's sake. An example is Grealish creating Keinan's chance against Arsenal. They mention that's not a big chance and Keinan still had to run and outmuscle a player. Whilst on the face of it that may be true. It was a massive chance created by unbelievable play that you would see someone like Messi do for Barca. Grealish does not play in the same position as Sancho or Rashford. They are forwards. Grealish plays from the left but is always in behind the midfield and between the lines. Foden and Mount are his competition. We all know it. Southgate knows it and I was dissapointed MOMs twisted it the way they did. 

Edit: they've always been fairly critical of Grealish and comparing him to players of 20/30 years ago. It's an unfair stance given the teams he is playing in.

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, TRO said:

Listened to that podcast to. I didnt think it was great i thought they went a bit OTT in thier critisism of Jack. He d be lucky to get into the Villa side after listening to that let alone the England side. They didnt level the same criteria to the people who he would be competing with for places at all. It was more a case of being overly harsh on one of our own than being balanced.

Brushed over Foden basically highlighting one game he played well. At one point comparing Grealishs stats to Muellers whose playing in the best team in the world at the moment. I thought it was unfair on balance. Never mentioned the post lockdown form of the players they thought he would be competing against yet used Jack's to crucify him.

As an Irish person I never want to see him play for England but even I can admit he should be in the squad at the very least.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, heffoman said:

Listened to that podcast to. I didnt think it was great i thought they went a bit OTT in thier critisism of Jack. He d be lucky to get into the Villa side after listening to that let alone the England side. They didnt level the same criteria to the people who he would be competing with for places at all. It was more a case of being overly harsh on one of our own than being balanced.

Brushed over Foden basically highlighting one game he played well. At one point comparing Grealishs stats to Muellers whose playing in the best team in the world at the moment. I thought it was unfair on balance. Never mentioned the post lockdown form of the players they thought he would be competing against yet used Jack's to crucify him.

As an Irish person I never want to see him play for England but even I can admit he should be in the squad at the very least.

They also compare him to Ings. It was a shocking podcast really. You won't get that with the VT podcast.

• Like 2

Grealiah won't get called up with Rashford out.

Apparently Southgates new statement is that "Jack must prove to me that the earth is flat and aliens exist".

Sounds about in line with what we would expect southgate to say, so probably true.

So basically Jack is going to prove to us all aliens exist 4 sure, then Southate will say:

"I didn't state WHICH aliens you had to prove the existence of".

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

Â