The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

No Jack... don’t ask Gerrard or Lampard...

They have no allegiance to the Villa and Gerrard was dripping poison into Barry’s ear to join him at Liverpool

It wasn't meant literally.....it was meant to point out how they stayed at Liverpool and chelsea, when suitors circled.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Lampard left his boyhood club to join Chelsea. 

Gerrard agreed to join Chelsea and was stopped by unpleasant men.

• That was very early on in his career, i would guess Chelsea has been His club for some time now?
  • I have no idea of any unpleasant men

but We are drifting away from the point of Jack staying with us.....Steven Gerrard and Frank spent a long time at their clubs and at the top of their game, if my analogy is flawed, so what,....i didn't think it was.

Edited by TRO

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Lampard left his boyhood club to join Chelsea. 

Gerrard agreed to join Chelsea and was stopped by unpleasant men.

100% correct on both counts and Lampard even chose Chelsea over us, when we matched their £11m bid at the last minute (according to our then chairman). 😉

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Reality is if Jack stays it won't just be because it's his boyhood club. He'll need reassurance that he can achieve things here when his career peaks aged 25-29.

He's 25 in a few weeks, so we're going to really need to invest, have a great 2020/21 season, and then invest again next summer.

I'd say it's touch and go. Very different from the Gerrard situation, where the club were regularly finishing in the top 4, and the Lampard situation where he won the PL within a few seasons of joining Chelsea (and as others have said, not his boyhood club).

Most likely scenario IMO is we price him out of a transfer this summer, but then lose him next summer. Possibly avoidable if we have a really, really good season.

I think this is the most likely scenario on the basis that he has another very good season. 

To be fair to Villa, if Jack doesn’t get an England call up this time, it may be nothing to do with the team he plays for and more to do with his lockdown antics and ongoing court case. In addition to that, he was another one posting very merry lads holiday snaps on social media. Southgate might decide he is not the right sort of personality to have in the squad.

I think that would be unfair though as I think he deserves a chance to prove himself especially if Madison is injured. I think he would be an excellent addition to the England squad. But my main point being that if he doesn’t get his chance he needs to reflect on himself rather than thinking it the club holding him back.

• Like 3

Oh Jesus, can we stop this? 

It was widely reported that Jack was going to be in The England squad just before he was injured last season. 

Mings has been in The England Squad.  Jack will no fail to be picked for England because he plays for us. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

To be fair to Villa, if Jack doesn’t get an England call up this time, it may be nothing to do with the team he plays for and more to do with his lockdown antics and ongoing court case. In addition to that, he was another one posting very merry lads holiday snaps on social media. Southgate might decide he is not the right sort of personality to have in the squad.

I think that would be unfair though as I think he deserves a chance to prove himself especially if Madison is injured. I think he would be an excellent addition to the England squad. But my main point being that if he doesn’t get his chance he needs to reflect on himself rather than thinking it the club holding him back.

I get your point but if England ruled out party animals we’d be struggling to find 11 decent players. I know there’s a limit and Southgate seems to put great store in good behaviour but it would be very harsh on Jack and could set a precedent that may well become a problem for Southgate in the future. 

10 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I get your point but if England ruled out party animals we’d be struggling to find 11 decent players. I know there’s a limit and Southgate seems to put great store in good behaviour but it would be very harsh on Jack and could set a precedent that may well become a problem for Southgate in the future. 

I agree but and I think he fully deserves a call up but I was commenting in response to the poster who pondered whether If Jack didn’t get a call up whether it would be another strike against a future at the club.

The only problem I could see is if Southgate decides to drop Maguire as a result of his drunken brush with the law (which I don’t think he will, although he might rest him) he can’t very well announce a first call up for Grealish in his next breath. 

Having said all that, I think he’ll get his call up  and it will be a brilliant moment for us all.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I think even non villa fans will be outraged if Jack doesn't get an England call up this week

Most non-Villa fans can't **** stand Grealish so I doubt that's true

• Like 1

Be hilarious if Foden gets in ahead of him. 

And by hilarious, I mean, f***** mental. Grealish shouldn’t just be in the squad, he should be one of the first names on the team sheet. 

I fully expect him to be picked on Tuesday, I’m just extremely worried that if he doesn’t, it’s another reason to move to one of the top teams.

Like it or not, Southgate might have a huge say in whether Jack stays or leaves us. 

• Like 1

Southgate has always had an issue with Grealish.

He was practically forced to pick him in the under 21s Toulan squad after the powers above had got him to agree to declare for England and then left him on the bench. There was another issue in the under 21s when Boothroyd (another w*nker who shouldn't be any where near the position he is in) dropped him from an under 21 squad for not turning up to a meeting and then left him on the bench in the euro championships in favour some absolutely inferior players (Baker, Ioorfa, Will hughes!... it was actually embarrassing on his part). So I think there's always been an issue within the setup about him being jack the lad and a too big for his boots kind of character.

On Southgate's part, I think its a combination of being a weak manager who doesn't fancy strong personalities and being **** clueless. He gets this reputation for being open minded coach which is a strength but also quite easy when you haven't anything in your head in the first place...I mean, this is a bloke who goes on exploratory visits to NFL, NBA and bloody handball games to learn shit he can try and apply to football. Fair play, some of it seemed to work as England became a beast at set pieces in the World Cup but from the actual footballing side I don't think he has a clue how to utilise proper creative, technical types at all. He also needs that validation from the big club/big coaches when picking players which is why the likes of Hudson Odoi / Foden get a look in without starting game because they have that top club stamp of approval. I will say though Foden looks like a phenomenal player so no issues with him being picked but i don't think Southgate would see that if he was playing the twice the games as he is but for Crystal Palace as an example.

All that being said, i'm sure Grealish will also get called up on Tuesday. He has to.

• Like 2

Gareth Southgate is a knob. No way should he be England manager. Grealish is good enough to play for England. In a free role too. In fact he should just marry a foreign bird so he can play for that nation if he doesn't get picked again.

The system is corrupt. The national team should have a selection committee that picks the squad including captain coach and a few others. Like the cricket team. Maybe finally we'd win the world cup too. Like the cricket team. 

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Be hilarious if Foden gets in ahead of him. 

And by hilarious, I mean, f***** mental. Grealish shouldn’t just be in the squad, he should be one of the first names on the team sheet. 

I fully expect him to be picked on Tuesday, I’m just extremely worried that if he doesn’t, it’s another reason to move to one of the top teams.

Like it or not, Southgate might have a huge say in whether Jack stays or leaves us. 

England SHOULD be in a position to have a great team just around the corner. At least attacking wise.

Grealish, Madison, Sancho, Sterling, Foden, Kane, Rashford, Greenwood

• Like 1

Â