The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I wish Gregg Evans would just f*** off, guy just annoys me!

Might seem extreme but I'd love to play football with his head. I reckon it's that light even Neil Taylor could cross it comfortably. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Rodders said:

I don't think it's particularly controversial to think that Jack would be interested in a move to a CL club. It's how far he's determined to push it, that's up for the debate. I initially thought he'd be off for sure this summer but I've begun to change my thinking there lately

I don't get the hate for Evans on this issue. He's simply relaying his knowledge of the situation, which appears to be that would like the chance to win trophies and compete in the Champions League, should an offer be accepted by the club, but he's not going to kick up a stink to force a move.

Like I've said before about Evans, whether he's a Villa fan or not, it's in his best interests for Villa to do well and to keep hold of Jack as a reporter on the team. He says on the latest podcast "If Jack Grealish doesn't go and he stays lining up for Villa, what a sight that will be when fans return into the ground and Jack Grealish is leading the team out, it will be absolutely brilliant."

If you have a problem with him on a personal level that's another matter, but to hate on him because you don't like what you are hearing from him is a bit silly IMO.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Hornso said:

I don't get the hate for Evans on this issue. He's simply relaying his knowledge of the situation, which appears to be that would like the chance to win trophies and compete in the Champions League, should an offer be accepted by the club, but he's not going to kick up a stink to force a move.

Like I've said before about Evans, whether he's a Villa fan or not, it's in his best interests for Villa to do well and to keep hold of Jack as a reporter on the team. He says on the latest podcast "If Jack Grealish doesn't go and he stays lining up for Villa, what a sight that will be when fans return into the ground and Jack Grealish is leading the team out, it will be absolutely brilliant."

This is it for me. We dont need the money; We cant be sentimental & have to take advantage of having a fan as a current PL superstar. Under contract with no need to sell. One chance here to genuinely build a great team around him. No downside to a player that wont down tools and will give his all regardless.

Second bit in bold: Makes us sound like a West Brom or something. We are a massive club and now is the time we have to start acting like it. Big clubs don’t continually sell their best players. If they want to elevate to the next level then they have to keep their very best at all costs. Thats not always possible when you’re dealing with a fuckface like a Mahrez who will go AWOL to force a move. But we’re dealing with Jack, who has never said anything about wanting to leave as far as we know. The platform and foundation is here. I dont know if we truly did place a price on his head but we shouldnt even have done that, if we did. Just come out and say not for sale at any price. I like these owners my only concern is Dean Smith liking and respecting Jack so much that the sentiment of respecting Jacks wishes that much comes into the equation, if he did say I want to go.

59 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

This is it for me. We dont need the money; We cant be sentimental & have to take advantage of having a fan as a current PL superstar. Under contract with no need to sell. One chance here to genuinely build a great team around him. No downside to a player that wont down tools and will give his all regardless.

Second bit in bold: Makes us sound like a West Brom or something. We are a massive club and now is the time we have to start acting like it. Big clubs don’t continually sell their best players. If they want to elevate to the next level then they have to keep their very best at all costs. Thats not always possible when you’re dealing with a fuckface like a Mahrez who will go AWOL to force a move. But we’re dealing with Jack, who has never said anything about wanting to leave as far as we know. The platform and foundation is here. I dont know if we truly did place a price on his head but we shouldnt even have done that, if we did. Just come out and say not for sale at any price. I like these owners my only concern is Dean Smith liking and respecting Jack so much that the sentiment of respecting Jacks wishes that much comes into the equation, if he did say I want to go.

Just as an FYI add in to that FFP still exists.

Our owners have loads of money and may want to spend loads but there are limits.

What I would say is to us I think 80 million is more valuable than Jack is this summer. When I say this I mean we can spend that on a few players who collectively will improve the team more than having just jack in the team and lesser players. There is also the lesser risk of having 3 players vs 1 for injuries.

Where I think that changes is in a summer or two when we may be a club that is expected to finish in the top half and we look to those top 6 spots where the truly excellent players like Jack are the difference.

Edited by paul514

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Our owners have loads of money and may want to spend loads but there are limits.

What I would say is to us I think 80 million is more valuable than Jack is this summer. When I say this I mean we can spend that on a few players who collectively will improve the team more than having just jack in the team and lesser players. There is also the lesser risk of having 3 players vs 1 for injuries.

Where I think that changes is in a summer or two when we may be a club that is expected to finish in the top half and we look to those top 6 spots where the truly excellent players like Jack are the difference.

I don’t necessarily disagree with your argument, but the major assumption is that we sign 3 quality players with the extra 80 million. There’s a chance that money could be spent on players that end up flopping here.

Those hypothetical 3 players aren’t a guarantee. Jack is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Nope

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Awol said:

Definitely the consensus, but he’s been so insistent on this issue you can’t help but wonder if there’s some truth in it. 

It's plausible deniability though isn't it? If he doesn't leave he just says "well, no-one met the clubs demands."

He's just trying to get clicks and rile folks up. He's a dreary, manipulative little bore.

Say what you like about Kendrick but he at least is excited to write/talk about Villa. Gregg is like a turd that won't flush with his negativity about AVFC. Like Trump he knows that division and negativity will get him clicks. SAD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Gregg is like a turd that won't flush with his negativity about AVFC. Like Trump he knows that division and negativity will get him clicks. SAD.

There's a few at the Mail/Athletic/Mirror that play the same tune.

clearings in the woods.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

It's plausible deniability though isn't it? If he doesn't leave he just says "well, no-one met the clubs demands."

He's just trying to get clicks and rile folks up. He's a dreary, manipulative little bore.

Say what you like about Kendrick but he at least is excited to write/talk about Villa. Gregg is like a turd that won't flush with his negativity about AVFC. Like Trump he knows that division and negativity will get him clicks. SAD.

What I don't get, while you're probably right, why don't they see this shite journalism will lose them thousands of potential subs? 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

What I don't get, while you're probably right, why don't they see this shite journalism will lose them thousands of potential subs? 

It's a numbers game and the lowest common denominator wins.

Just look at TV. "Love Island" & "America' Got Talent." Look at the US Presidents base of supporters. 

There's an old phrase "Where there's muck there's brass."

Somehow I don't think it was originally meant to refer to people's intellect. But I guess I'm a liberal elite so what do I know.

1 minute ago, JPAngel said:

He actually looks bloody chuffed to be here, doesn't he?

To Jack it must feel like a 6 year old playing football in his back garden. 

Unless City or another club with money to burn comes in he's not going. Manure have no chance.

We have a chance here to push on with him staying, get Odsonne Edouard a DM and winger. If we don't improve dramatically then he's got to next season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I get the feeling he's already signed the new contract

Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish, who single handedly kept the club in the Premier League last season, held hostage by Villa's ridiculous transfer demands. Sources close to the player say he has been left 'distraught' and 'inconsolable' after Manchester United chief refused to be bullied by outlandish fee placed on his head.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

But I actually though the athletic was supposed to be slightly better than that. I actually thought that was the entire point if it. 

I am subbed to the Athletic as i follow a number of teams in different sports - like the NFL for example.

In general, the standard is significantly better - and there's some really good insightful articles and pieces (the type of stuff journos spend time on developing and researching - rather than just cycling out trash for clicks). 

Unfortunately for Villa fans, the Athletic picked up Evans as their 'team reporter' who is well below the standard of his peers there. 50 odd football writers, so there's bound to be some dross in there, and unlucky for us it happens to be the reporter covering the Villa

• Like 3

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

But I actually though the athletic was supposed to be slightly better than that. I actually thought that was the entire point if it. 

I signed up for the Athletic last year when they had their 60% off offer.  I did it even though I do not like Gregg Evans writing.  Didnt like it when he wrote for the Brum Mail but I thought new day and all that.

Been very disapointed wit the Athletic.  The articles you think are going to be great just filter out to nothing.  One of the best was about two boys who were adopted by Cloughie but on the Villa side articles that had the potential to be like that just skimmed the surface of issues.

I dont think I will be renewing as I just ignore most of the Villa articles now.

9 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I don't know him personally. I think his articles are boring with horrendous grammar and lack insight. He takes the kind of narrative that idiots who have little knowledge of the club take when he's supposed to be an expert. Oh yeah, who says he's passing on knowledge? Maybe he's just making it all up?

Anyway. **** him.

I quiet lyke him to bee honist if Graylist wonts to leeve we shud not stop im and his dad telt me he is off anyways to get him picked for England and win some stuff

Â