The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

My personal conspiracy theory is that Southgate is still bitter about the way it ended for him with Villa, and us not being ambitious enough for him. As such, he has refused to call up Grealish knowing it will force him to move on, and as Grealish is Aston Villa at the minute, it will hurt the club even more if he leaves.

That theory doesn’t seem to hold water - why did Southgate cap Mings without forcing him to move on?

I think it’s more likely that Southgate is waiting to see if Jack personally matures enough to fit his criteria. Unfortunately for Jack, his wayward actions during lockdown will have reset Southgate’s clock again.

As for Jack and his future at Villa, it’s possible and not unreasonable that his team have been ‘flirting’ with any big club suitors, especially knowing Villa would be cashing in on his value if we were relegated. “Would he be interested in a £40m+ contract to play for one of the biggest teams in Europe? Sure - put the proposal details in an email and we’ll see what happens in the summer.” Summer sees PL survival and now Jack gets to push on with his boyhood club’s revival, a much improved contract offer and still has the back up of a big move if Villa’s valuation is ever met. Far from feeling frustrated, stay or go, Jack’s in a win-win situation. I only hope his advisers and the likes of Mings are strong enough to point out that provided he’s still playing in the PL, his off field maturity holds the key to his international career under Southgate - far more that being at a ‘glamour club’.

2 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I know this is going to get me all sorts of shit, so let me start with:

a) I am in no way claiming to be an ITK, I’ve been on this forum for years now and have never claimed as such before. I’m simply telling you what I know.

b) Call bullshit all you want, this isn’t attention seeking so I won’t be bothered by it. All I can say is I won’t reveal the name of the source for all the obvious reasons, but it’s as close to the horses mouth as you could imagine.

c) This is a one time piece of information I’ve been privy to. I am in no way some sort of Grealish expert and am unlikely to hear anything further in the future.

With that out the way, it’s my understanding that Jack has no intention of leaving the club. He was as good as gone if we got relegated, he “has to progress”. But has no intention of leaving this summer with us staying up. Apparently he’s open to a move if the club accepts a bid for him, but he won’t force a move and would rather stay. So it would appear that as long as the clubs’ stance is that he’s not for sale it’s a no-go.

Like I said, I’ve been on here a long time, don’t make me regret posting this.

I think this makes sense and most of us think like this too.

Thing is he's under contract and we don't want to sell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brommy said:

That theory doesn’t seem to hold water - why did Southgate cap Mings without forcing him to move on?

1) England were desperate for a CB as most options that had been tried were shocking 2) Mings is nowhere near as important to Villa as Jack, if Mings moves on to try to get international football, it wouldn't hurt anywhere near as much as Jack leaving.

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

1) England were desperate for a CB as most options that had been tried were shocking 2) Mings is nowhere near as important to Villa as Jack, if Mings moves on to try to get international football, it wouldn't hurt anywhere near as much as Jack leaving.

Fair enough but I’m sticking with Southgate not wanting to cap a player until off field maturity improves, rather than Southgate wanting to punish Villa.

11 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

a) I am in no way claiming to be an ITK, I’ve been on this forum for years now and have never claimed as such before. I’m simply telling you what I know.

b) Call bullshit all you want, this isn’t attention seeking so I won’t be bothered by it. All I can say is I won’t reveal the name of the source for all the obvious reasons, but it’s as close to the horses mouth as you could imagine.

c) This is a one time piece of information I’ve been privy to. I am in no way some sort of Grealish expert and am unlikely to hear anything further in the future.

With that out the way, it’s my understanding that Jack has no intention of leaving the club. He was as good as gone if we got relegated, he “has to progress”. But has no intention of leaving this summer with us staying up. Apparently he’s open to a move if the club accepts a bid for him, but he won’t force a move and would rather stay. So it would appear that as long as the clubs’ stance is that he’s not for sale it’s a no-go.

I’d already typed the post below yours before reading your post above, but ITK or not, it certainly fits with my estimation of the situation.

50 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I don't understand the rhetoric of implying Grealish ends to move in order to play for England.

Mings played and hasn't Southgate capped Bournemouth players before?

Jack is going to Bournemouth??!!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Is it an anagram of KEVAN GREALISH?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Another poster I trust has been saying this consistently. So it's good to see someone else chime in with the same.

• Thanks 1

I don't see how 'Jack doesn't want to go' is some sort of specific information. There's only two variables there, he doesn't want to go or want to go. Not commenting at all on anyone's 'ITK' validity but it's very non specific information that I'm not personally sure warrants any worry about being 'found out' etc.

• Like 2

Just now, brommy said:

I’d already typed the post below yours before reading your post above, but ITK or not, it certainly fits with my estimation of the situation.

Ive only just seen your post looking back now. It’s what makes most sense.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Actually Greg Evans is quite close on this. Back in February Jack had pretty much via his agent and his management which is his family had agreed a deal in principle of 165K per week five year deal with Man United.
When this had been discussed with Villa, Villa had said that they wouldn’t force a player to stay however they valued him at £80 million and as long as that was met he could leave.

if any figures are being discussed between buying club and player prior to any transfer fees being agreed, then that's surely an illegal approach. you say this had been discussed with villa, so surely we'd have kicked up a stink if that was the case. not calling you a liar, but i am calling your source one. this the same one that said jack's dad was telling everone about this deal when he was pissed up at cheltenham?

10 minutes ago, Trickster said:

I don't see how 'Jack doesn't want to go' is some sort of specific information. There's only two variables there, he doesn't want to go or want to go. Not commenting at all on anyone's 'ITK' validity but it's very non specific information that I'm not personally sure warrants any worry about being 'found out' etc.

Because ‘he doesn’t want to move’ isn’t the same as ‘he won’t be moving‘. As I’ve said in the summer transfer thread, there’s a hundred different reasons why a player might end up moving clubs.

31 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Mate no offence but that's like saying I've been told it's not going to rain tomorrow but if clouds appear, it's likely it might. I'm not having a pop but there's nothing there that any common sense individual couldn't muster up by himself. Jack loves the club. Doesn't want to leave his boyhood club. Figure submitted the club are happy with, player leaves. 

35 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Nice one mate, I'm sending a Limo round for you right now, hope you like Japanese Twins as Fook mi and Fook yu are taking you for a ride, you should be back before the start of the season mate.

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I reckon this Brad guy will say Jack is signing a new contract at 12:01.  Then when it gets announced he can get some ITK points.   The whole 12am think builds up the suspense.

I was thinking he might just have some mates at a tabloid which are going to run a story any way and he'll just post it right before they do.

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

if any figures are being discussed between buying club and player prior to any transfer fees being agreed, then that's surely an illegal approach. 

Happens all the time. It's not illegal for agents to talk people who represent football clubs. How do you think players personal terms usually get sorted out so quick once a fee is agreed? 

Edited by villa89

Â