The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

That article has a really nice description of Jack's dribbling prowess.

He doesn't use tricks or pace, he has this odd ability to wrong foot defenders by sort of disguising his centre of gravity so he just sort of appears to glide past at relatively low speed as they guess he's going in a different direction. You'd think it was bad defending if you didn't see him do it several times a game week in week out.

God I love watching him play.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Didn't mean offence with it, I actually agree with you. My first thought with that link was:

1) that we'll only sign him if Grealish is on his way out. 

2) This is the type of players we always get hyped about being linked with and it never ever works out. I could probably name one player for each window. Sneijder being one. 

But it is small time mentality and I'm prone to it too. It's just gotten to the point where we are used to all our best players being sold. Whether it's Yorke, Barry, Milner, Young, Benteke or Delph. When you get used to this that affects your thinking. 

Fact is that Grealish most likely will continue on the left, and this player despite being similar in the same position, can cover central and right as well, and possibly even exchange roles with Grealish fluidly during a match as a AML/AMC/AMR. Some might even argue Grealish will go back to a CM role, but I can't see that myself. If we got used to the idea we are a big enough club to have several class players that would be the expected scenario, but we don't. 

That’s not a fact and neither is it most likely, imo. 

If Jack improved his shooting, it's a wrap. If he could curl it in from anywhere, defenders won't know whether to stick or twist when defending him. If I were Dean Smith I'd tell him to work on nothing else this off season.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If Jack improved his shooting, it's a wrap. If he could curl it in from anywhere, defenders won't know whether to stick or twist when defending him. If I were Dean Smith I'd tell him to work on nothing else this off season.

I agree.

Bit like Joe Cole who was always a great ball carrier but his technique striking a ball wasn't quite as good.

If he can improve on the hammer left option and the more cultured right foot curlers, he'll be even more lethal.

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I agree.

Bit like Joe Cole who was always a great ball carrier but his technique striking a ball wasn't quite as good.

If he can improve on the hammer left option and the more cultured right foot curlers, he'll be even more lethal.

I mean he already improved significantly in the last 2 seasons but there's still sometimes where his shooting technique lets him down, like that chance against West Ham in the first half. You'd back De Bruyne to bury that 10 times out of 10 for example. Jack is still at like a 6 or 7. 

That said, his goal against Brighton has to be one of my favorites of his. Just exquisite technique from start to finish. He didn't have that in him a year or 2 ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I mean he already improved significantly in the last 2 seasons but there's still sometimes where his shooting technique lets him down, like that chance against West Ham in the first half. You'd back De Bruyne to bury that 10 times out of 10 for example. Jack is still at like a 6 or 7. 

That said, his goal against Brighton has to be one of my favorites of his. Just exquisite technique from start to finish. He didn't have that in him a year or 2 ago.

He looks to be improving and getting better as each season goes by.

A true Villa Legend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He's up there with God that's for sure.

I always maintained that I would never see a better player than Brian little in a Villa shirt, I have now

9 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I always maintained that I would never see a better player than Brian little in a Villa shirt, I have now

I never saw Little, god was great.... best before Jack but Jack is something a bit special and he's starting his journey, Paul was on his final flourish with us but on his day........ World class, Jack has the potential to be the worlds best player.... IMHDO

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

How is it small club mentality to suggest that a player being bought for over 30 million quid who happens to apparently play the exact same position as Jack Grealish MIGHT be a replacement for Jack Grealish?

You know what I hate?

The apparent view that even mentioning one of our players leaving somehow makes me less of a fan and shows a small club mentality.

It's **** nonsense.

I hate the term ‘small club mentality’.  About as arrogant as it gets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Been arguing this at work for two seasons.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, tinker said:

I never saw Little, god was great.... best before Jack but Jack is something a bit special and he's starting his journey, Paul was on his final flourish with us but on his day........ World class, Jack has the potential to be the worlds best player.... IMHDO

Little was exceptional, he is finishing was first rate and he always had something in the tank a little different, I would say he was very similar to Jack in a lot of respects. You have to remember his career ended at 26 as well. When he became manager I almost cried with joy. Never was a villa fan to start but converted to be one of our own. Thinking about the front three of Little Gray and Deehan makes me want to join the masterbation club 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Little was exceptional, he is finishing was first rate and he always had something in the tank a little different, I would say he was very similar to Jack in a lot of respects. You have to remember his career ended at 26 as well. When he became manager I almost cried with joy. Never was a villa fan to start but converted to be one of our own. Thinking about the front three of Little Gray and Deehan makes me want to join the masterbation club 🤦‍♂️

And that's what footballs is all about, the pure joy of it when it all comes together, each of us have our own moments.... watching from the upper Holte as Atkinson nodded in against Tranmere, magical life moment for me,. Not even sure why tbh. Watching Jack comes close, just needs a pivotal games for him to beat it. UTV

• Like 1

When we were trying to sign Dean Saunders from Liverpool Brian Little was still manager at Leicester. Despite this he wrote an open letter, which was published in the papers, imploring Saunders to sign for us. He said something along the lines that Aston Villa are a wonderful football club and when he retires from football he intends to see out his days watching Villa. A fantastic thing to say and all the more remarkable given that he was managing another club. Of course it worked and Dean joined a proper football club. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Steady on mate. 

He is though isn’t he, can not even believe I am posting it to be honest, never in a million years I thought I would and feel a bit dirty for doing so

Â