The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I’ve just read a story at metro online entitled ‘what Grealish will tell Villa’ or something like that. It says that he will have showdown talks with Purslow and tell the club not to ‘stand in the way of his dream move to United’. It claims he’ll get £200k a week and that he doesn’t want to be a ‘victim of his own success’, if he’s ‘forced’ to stay at Villa after keeping them up. 

They may as well have added ‘sources believe that the lifelong United fan will hand a transfer request in to the shitty little club, Aston Villa, he has already bought a house in Manchester, widely known as the best city in the world’. 

Click bait rocket polishers

Get your lingo right.   It's CRUNCH talks, according to all the rags.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Honestly if Jack came in here and had to choose a song that would suit this thread, I certainly think this would be it.

Edited by Dave-R

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I think even 80m is too low for Jack tbh

I agree. I think losing him now will be as losing Benteke and Delph by then. We had some good players but without the spine and main goalscorer we had the worst season. If we lose Grealish I think we'll have a season similar as last one, with a danger of going down. I don't think that's the right message. We need to keep him for another season with a hope that 3-4 players which we get can step up and build a squad out of them. It would be easier to replace by then. But who'd know? we might start moving up the table and another cup run which might lead us to Europe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Honestly if Jack came in here and had to choose a song that would suit this thread, I certainly think this would be it.

I hope it would be man-to-man male stripper

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone seen the story about him allegedly demanding 200 k per week, "whether it be from us or another club" etc.

It’s not that unreasonable a suggestion though. If we’re going to put an £80m price tag on him that’s how much £80m players get paid. We can’t have it both ways...

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

It’s not that unreasonable a suggestion though. If we’re going to put an £80m price tag on him that’s how much £80m players get paid. We can’t have it both ways...

Is it? Just looked at the first winger I found bought for £ 80 million and Nicholas Pepe is reported to have a wage of 105 k. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

It’s not, he is our best player by a mile and should be paid accordingly like he would at a top 3 club. 

2 minutes ago, dubbs said:

The national media seem intent on getting him his "dream" move to Utd don't they?

Of course.

Because they're words removed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

Of course.

Because they're words removed.

Imagine the comments from the pundits if he stays - lacks ambition,  not good enough for top teams.

• Like 1

Just now, dubbs said:

Imagine the comments from the pundits if he stays - lacks ambition,  not good enough for top teams.

Same old shit, different player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Football punditry in the UK is a disgrace. The whole industry is a retired footballers benevolent fund. Any opinion they might have is formed on the basis of whether they'll be invited back again, so they'll either only say what people want to hear, or if you're Keane or Savage: be as provocative as possible. Then you're into the big bucks.

According to the pundits Villa's only real value to the Premier League this year was to give them players to link with Man Utd.

• Like 2

As long as a player leaves his future undecided, the rags will print stories like this. Just something we’ve got to accept.

If Dortmund really are keeping Sancho, then United may lose their nerve and offer big money for Jack.

Personally I think Jack can be placated with some good signings and a pay rise. But could also leave...

Also reckon these journos know absolutely **** all about which of those two things is going to happen, and are speculating just as we are.

Putting ego front and centre, ManUre have prioritised Sancho as their number 1 target and Solskjaer stating Jack wouldn’t be a starter anyway.

surely, if the Sancho deal falls through and they start to make noises towards Jack, he may feel a bit put out he wasn’t their first choice 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Putting ego front and centre, ManUre have prioritised Sancho as their number 1 target and Solskjaer stating Jack wouldn’t be a starter anyway.

surely, if the Sancho deal falls through and they start to make noises towards Jack, he may feel a bit put out he wasn’t their first choice 

it's an interesting point. it's certainly something the villa management can use as a bargaining tool. "they'll never want you as much as we do" we can say. but i don't see it putting jack off moving there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Has he really though? Not seen that anywhere. All I've heard him say is "I'm not commenting on other teams players"

Â