The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

58 minutes ago, TRO said:

Don't sell him.....build the team around him.

Final answer.

Simple really isnt it. There is no room for sentiment towards your very best when you ruthlessly look to get to the top. Such a huge advantage that he Is one of us and wouldnt sulk even if he did want to go like nearly any other player in a similar position. Its all in our hands now, survival was massive; lets hope the bosses stick to the script and build something glorious now 🤩

If I was him I'd want to see some transfer market intent.

Not sure what action he'll take if he's not happy.

We need to decide this week if we're selling him or not. Can't have him handing in a transfer request one game into the season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If I was him I'd want to see some transfer market intent.

Not sure what action he'll take if he's not happy.

We need to decide this week if we're selling him or not. Can't have him handing in a transfer request one game into the season.

He'll know right now the timescale for any departure. 

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Grealish is the main reason to why Norwich got relegated and we stayed up.

I'm not kidding. I seriously believe Norwich would have stayed up if they had Grealish. He is that good.

This is like saying VVD is the main reason Chelsea finished 4th. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Grealish is the main reason to why Norwich got relegated and we stayed up.

I'm not kidding. I seriously believe Norwich would have stayed up if they had Grealish. He is that good.

Yes yes fully agree sorry actually what. 😂

Sure he is no Pablo Hernandez for yourself😂

If he doesn't go this time I can genuinely see him staying at Villa for a long time as long as we stay up. The big clubs will probably give up trying to buy  him if he signs a new contract and says he is happy to stay, they would move onto younger and quite possibly cheaper targets.

Jack Grealish’s award-winning campaign in numbers

Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish produced the best campaign of his career so far in 2019/20, leading his club to Premier League safety while producing stand-out performances on a weekly basis.

The No.10 was named as Villa’s Supporters’ and Players’ Player of the Year this week, deserved recognition for a truly special season.

Take a look at some of the key figures behind a spectacular year…

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2020/08/07/grealish-2019-20-in-numbers

Talisman!

15 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

We need to decide this week if we're selling him or not.

We are not selling him and he is going nowhere. (Unless someone stumps up £80m, which they aren't going to do).

He will be staying with us and still be our player next season.

19 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Hopefully more of the same next season. :thumb:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We are not selling him and he is going nowhere. (Unless someone stumps up £80m, which they aren't going to do).

He will be staying with us and still be our player next season.

Hopefully more of the same next season. :thumb:

Yep, hence these awful tabloid headlines stating that clubs won't be "bullied by us". It is quite the opposite - if you want to even open negotiations with Jack, you need to stump up a very large amount of cash. He is in no rush to leave, we are in no rush to sell, it really is that simple.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sne said:

Quite spectacular. You can take some of those stats in isolation and say they're a result of the fact we were a team playing counter attacking low possession football, but put them all together and it's truly astounding how good he was this season in a well below average team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Quite spectacular. You can take some of those stats in isolation and say they're a result of the fact we were a team playing counter attacking low possession football, but put them all together and it's truly astounding how good he was this season in a well below average team. 

Don't tell everbody......Shush.

they will all want him.

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I keep hearing Sancho to Manure is off, does this mean they try for Grealish?

Apparantly they don't want to pay the "£108m" they've been quoted.

They can try for Jack too. Everyone knows his price and if anyone wants him then they need to pay it.

Unless it's Man City, Barcelona or Madrid etc. that pay that, Jack is not leaving.

1 hour ago, samjp26 said:

It is quite the opposite - if you want to even open negotiations with Jack, you need to stump up a very large amount of cash. He is in no rush to leave, we are in no rush to sell, it really is that simple.

In a nutshell it's similar to what I was told last night.

Hopefully we sign a few players that compliment his game further and helps us kick on this season.

I'm not sure Man Utd are in a position where £ 110 million million is easy liquid money anymore. They have wasted sn enormous amount of money the last 10-15 years. And now the CL money had dried up for a while as well. 

I hope they get Sancho cause I can't see them spending £ 80 million on Grealish then.

Ultimately whatever happens  I think we all can agree on two things. 

1) we hope Grealish stays

2) the club must set a final day for offers  so we won't be in a position where we got limited amount of time to get in replacements. 

Â