The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, Rolta said:

Yeah I'm not sure Delph will look back at winning everything in England with regret, and playing in the Champions League.

He barely contributed. He really only played during 1 title win, and that was at left back because all the other left backs were injured. 54 appearances in 4 years is pitiful. 

Think a lot of people are looking at this the wrong way round.

What really matters is can we make a couple of big signings that will let Jack really show what he can do week-in, week-out for Villa?

I don't think he's the kind of player who'll need to retire young. He doesn't rely on electric pace. He's not massively injury prone. He can give us another couple of seasons, and still go to a big Champions League club if he wants.

But the big frustration I think he has is more that he spends so much time watching the opposition dominate possession, and then being triple marked every time he gets the ball. He needs more quality around him - especially at centre forward and on the opposite wing. This will open the pitch up and let him really express himself.

So it's on Purslow, Lange and Smith to make that commitment to his future in the transfer market.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

**** England, **** European football. You're either a a Villa man or you aren't. If you aren't, you can **** off and count your money, you'll be dead to me. 

You've forgotten to take your tablets @mjmooney

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Think a lot of people are looking at this the wrong way round.

What really matters is can we make a couple of big signings that will let Jack really show what he can do week-in, week-out for Villa?

I don't think he's the kind of player who'll need to retire young. He doesn't rely on electric pace. He's not massively injury prone. He can give us another couple of seasons, and still go to a big Champions League club if he wants.

But the big frustration I think he has is more that he spends so much time watching the opposition dominate possession, and then being triple marked every time he gets the ball. He needs more quality around him - especially at centre forward and on the opposite wing. This will open the pitch up and let him really express himself.

So it's on Purslow, Lange and Smith to make that commitment to his future in the transfer market.

He's gone then ☺️

13 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Struggling to believe any villa fan would think it's a good idea to swap Grealish for Lingard & Jones 🤣🤣

Honestly would be one of the worst deals in villa history if we ended up with these two.

IMG_20200806_162052.jpg

"Jones injury record would worry me" is the only part of that tweet that I can agree with. That would be a horrific deal. 

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

to be fair, I actually feel better that SJM is there with him.

I know he loves his drink and partying too, but I can picture him being the type to flick Jack round the ear and drag him home if it gets a bit too mental.

Nah he probably introduce Jack to deep fried irn bru

• Haha 1

Jones no.

Lingard I don't think is too bad. He finds space really well. If you've got hold of the ball, he pops up in plenty of dangerous areas consistently.

But I wouldn't want to pay any more than £5m for him and wouldn't want him earning more than any of our top players. He's a £20-30k a week player earning about £150k at Utd, it's insane.

1 hour ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Struggling to believe any villa fan would think it's a good idea to swap Grealish for Lingard & Jones 🤣🤣

Honestly would be one of the worst deals in villa history if we ended up with these two.

IMG_20200806_162052.jpg

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

In the interest of fairness here is the full tweet...

Ahh fair, all I saw was part of that tweet quoted in an article about what United should offer for Grealish, good to see , I'm still worried that any villa fan would want either of those two.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If true about their budget, then hopefully they get Sancho and then wont bother us...........it's only skysports so probably not true but it's nice to here.

image.png.5eb5655dc15ffeea46826b604813ea53.png

I can feel £120 million double bid for Grealish and Mings being touted on the back of that, It’s the lazy conclusion to come to and perfect click bait

Edited by Follyfoot

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I can feel £120 million double bid for Grealish and Mings being touted in the back of that, It’s the lazy conclusion to come to and perfect click baitIt’s the lazy conclusion to come to and perfect click bait

I'm not trusting anything until we sign somebody.  Not trusting anybody leaving until they sign for somebody else.  Social media just gets worse re transfers every year that goes by, plus there are not only fake journalists but many trolls just wanting to get people going either good or bad. 

I hope the Villa do their business early to save my mental state because it would be nice to see us progressing and not looking forward to a relegation battle next season as my heart cant stand a fourth season when everything rides of the last game on the season (two play off finals and one final day relegation battle).  Hopefully our season will be a little less exciting league table wise and we can focus on the pitch activity because in the league we are around mid table.

Edited by nick76

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I'm not trusting anything until we sign somebody.  Not trusting anybody leaving until they sign for somebody else.  Social media just gets worse re transfers every year that goes by, plus there are not only fake journalists but many trolls just wanting to get people going either good or bad. 

I hope the Villa do their business early to save my mental state because it would be nice to see us progressing and not looking forward to a relegation battle next season as my heart cant stand a fourth season when everything rides on the last game on the season (two play off finals and one final day relegation battle).  Hopefully our season will be a little less exciting league table wise and we can focus on the pitch activity because in the league we are around mid table.

Hallelujah on that please. Spent most of today clicking on here and the Internet looking at the same rehashed stories but strangely cannot drag myself away from it. I remember reading onTeletext that we had signed a defender from Manchester United for £240,000 and that was the first I’d heard of it, No need to mention the name obviously but it was a far simpler life back then. Do you remember the rumours that we were going to sign Hans Krankl after the World Cup in 78 for 400k, I think the mirror were to blame for that one

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Â