The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

38 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Am I the only one that doesn't mind if Jack doesn't get an England call up? He'd only get injured playing some pointless friendly against a team we'd spank regardless if he played or not. 

Does it still count if I'm not English? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do think he needs an England call up to keep him happy though.  If he doesn't get one soon (provided he's still with us) he might start thinking it's the Villa factor hindering his chances.

The selection process is ridiculous.  Can't believe Lingard was getting repeatedly picked for such a long period.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The selection process is ridiculous.  Can't believe Lingard was getting repeatedly picked for such a long period.

My mate who’s a coach says that Southgate is very keen on the “club england” format.

i.e you have come through all the age groups and transition in with all the others who you have played with before and once in you stay in to create familiarity. Hence Lingard always getting called up.

Even the younger age groups are full of prem team players especially top 4-6. The system (not intentionally) stops players from lower down teams or late bloomers from getting in.

I couldn't give a toss about England, Villa first for me.

Yes it'd be great if England do well but I care more for Villa as would most Villa fans I'm sure.

On a side note Palace are allegedly looking for £30 million for Zaha, why so cheap?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I couldn't give a toss about England, Villa first for me.

Yes it'd be great if England do well but I care more for Villa as would most Villa fans I'm sure.

On a side note Palace are allegedly looking for £30 million for Zaha, why so cheap?

I believe it’s a combination of the current market and Zaha having one year less on his contract whilst still wanting a move.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, joey55 said:

From a non Villa perspective, if I were you I'd want him sold now. I think you have to recognise that as fans you'll have an emotional attachment to him, as he's your star player and the fact he's one of your own. But realistically, surely you must all recognise that his long term future isn't at Villa and therefore now is the perfect time to sell him, as due to Covid the disparity in the market is greater than ever. 

There is a very small group of Prem elite clubs, for whom covid isn't going to impact their transfer activity and the fact they are the one's currently spending has made it seem as if the market hasn't been as effected as it has. Grealish will go to one of the Manchester clubs in my opinion and they can both spend as if Covid hasn't happened. But they are the exception, not the rule. The rest of the Prem are soon going to have to recognise that when not dealing with those clubs, prices are going to have to deflate and quite dramatically. So any club that gets to sell to one of the Manchester clubs, is at a tremendous advantage.

If you took £70 million from City, for Grealish, to get it done quickly, rather than try and drag it out for £80 million, I think it would benefit you greatly, as you'll be one of the few clubs that genuinely has decent money to spend and can actually pay upfront. You could probably sell Grealish and be able to buy Brooks, Eze and Zaha with the money. There is no way Villa, with your current status, could normally do that. Look at the average players you were able to attract last season. So many clubs are going to be strapped for cash, so anyone coming in with a cash deal, without loans or staged payments etc, will be king in this market. 

You've seen with Benteke, that trying to cling onto your prize asset is a thankless task in the long run. Trying to keep Gealish for another season or two, won't be as beneficial to you as selling him now, in my opinion. This is a buyers market and selling Grealish will allow you take advantage of that, in a way 80% of Prem clubs can't, so it's a fairly unique opportunity to rebuild your status quickly. You could easily buy 2 or 3, really exciting players to replace Grealish and I seriously doubt you'd be able to do the same in a more typical transfer window. 

Except we are not in that 80% of non spenders.

We can and will spend without the need to sell, and lsst season it was quantity over quality as we needed 14 players due to lians, contacts ending and retirement.

We had 11 players total before we started signing players last summer.

Same sort of budget but signing 4 or 5 players is what most I guess are hoping for without the need to sell jack, just get rid of the ones who never get close to the 1st 11 such as lansbury, jota, klanic

4 hours ago, joey55 said:

From a non Villa perspective, if I were you I'd want him sold now. I think you have to recognise that as fans you'll have an emotional attachment to him, as he's your star player and the fact he's one of your own. But realistically, surely you must all recognise that his long term future isn't at Villa and therefore now is the perfect time to sell him, as due to Covid the disparity in the market is greater than ever. 

There is a very small group of Prem elite clubs, for whom covid isn't going to impact their transfer activity and the fact they are the one's currently spending has made it seem as if the market hasn't been as effected as it has. Grealish will go to one of the Manchester clubs in my opinion and they can both spend as if Covid hasn't happened. But they are the exception, not the rule. The rest of the Prem are soon going to have to recognise that when not dealing with those clubs, prices are going to have to deflate and quite dramatically. So any club that gets to sell to one of the Manchester clubs, is at a tremendous advantage.

If you took £70 million from City, for Grealish, to get it done quickly, rather than try and drag it out for £80 million, I think it would benefit you greatly, as you'll be one of the few clubs that genuinely has decent money to spend and can actually pay upfront. You could probably sell Grealish and be able to buy Brooks, Eze and Zaha with the money. There is no way Villa, with your current status, could normally do that. Look at the average players you were able to attract last season. So many clubs are going to be strapped for cash, so anyone coming in with a cash deal, without loans or staged payments etc, will be king in this market. 

You've seen with Benteke, that trying to cling onto your prize asset is a thankless task in the long run. Trying to keep Gealish for another season or two, won't be as beneficial to you as selling him now, in my opinion. This is a buyers market and selling Grealish will allow you take advantage of that, in a way 80% of Prem clubs can't, so it's a fairly unique opportunity to rebuild your status quickly. You could easily buy 2 or 3, really exciting players to replace Grealish and I seriously doubt you'd be able to do the same in a more typical transfer window. 

Not sure selling your best player is progressing

• Like 2

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

He did a piece about jack moving on a month ago, maybe in there. 

50/50 atm mainly because united don’t want to pay £80m 

They don't really need him anyway, if they get Sancho which is looking likely they definitely don't need him

Adding grealish and sancho to that team for £160m is madness 

5 hours ago, joey55 said:

Well that was a waste of a read, you obviously know very little about Villa.  You know little about our finances, little about about why we did what we did last close season and “stuff off” saying we should accept less from a big club and basically be thankful for it.

We don’t want to sell him, we don’t need to sell him, we don’t have to sell him

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, deeps said:

Anyone see where Gregg has even said this?

In the new Tifo podcast. Its not very good frankly and Gregg just said that in a throwaway moment. It was very much "I hear he is staying unless Villa get in a big bid from a top club" which is true for any player.

But it was also very clear Gregg was not claiming to be idk or anything. Just answering the inevitable question that people outside Villa seem to think its important.

He also said it was an amazing time to be a Villa fan as the owners are going to keep on investing. But I guess that doesnt count as news :)

• Thanks 1

Â