The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think Jack is better off staying another year and establishing himself in his favoured position. This Man u team even with Sancho and Jack won't win the league or champions league. And Man U have their beloved Bruno Fernando's in Jacks preferred position and are buying Sancho and have Rashford for the left, who in Man U's system are a better fit with their superior pace.

Winning trophies is every players dream but how many players are stars of their own club. He stays here for another 5 years and he'll go down as a legend and best the club has ever produced and had. A statue outside of him. A legacy. That's surely better than just a little medal to be remembered by? We talk about Saunders and Atkinson still.

If he stays and our owners are serious, we'll win a league cup or FA cup in the next 3 years. I know it. 

Edited by Lord Willard
  • Like 1

Just now, Lord Willard said:

Winning trophies is every players dream but how many players are stars of their own club. He stays here for another 5 years and he'll go down as a legend and best the club has ever produced and had. A statue outside of him. A legacy. That's surely better than just a little medal to be remembered by? We talk about Saunders and Atkinson still.

If he stays and our owners are seriously, we'll win a league cup or FA cup in the next 3 years. I know it. 

I think if he stays and we continue to build and invest each summer we'll become the team he aspires us to be. It's possibly 2-3 years down the line but it will happen. I think he'll be selected for the Euros if he stays here and possibly even start. He just needs more quality around him, that's why we need a good window. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I think if he stays and we continue to build and invest each summer we'll become the team he aspires us to be. It's possibly 2-3 years down the line but it will happen. I think he'll be selected for the Euros if he stays here and possibly even start. He just needs more quality around him, that's why we need a good window. 

I guess we’ve all go onto jobs with more money and while the extra money is great we miss the old place, people and atmosphere.  

Additionally for Jack, the admiration of the club, fans and others and then for me, doing what we always wanted as a kid, to captain my boyhood team and earn a fortune.  He’s living that life and I’m sure he’ll get a massive pay rise even though he still has three years left on his contract.

I never wanted to play for another team as a kid.  Yes can he win trophies and play Champions League at another club but it might not work out because that happens a lot.  We also have to remember he’s playing in the Premiership, the best league in the world with us and will likely playing for England soon.  It’s not as if he’s playing in some poxy league, he’s playing against some of the top teams in the world every week.  It’s not champions league but it’s not far behind.

If he moves he could be a great success but there is also a significant chance it may not and he ends up sitting on a bench, game after game, getting 5 minutes here and there.  

Who knows, it’s big risk!

53 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I guess we’ve all go onto jobs with more money and while the extra money is great we miss the old place, people and atmosphere.  

Additionally for Jack, the admiration of the club, fans and others and then for me, doing what we always wanted as a kid, to captain my boyhood team and earn a fortune.  He’s living that life and I’m sure he’ll get a massive pay rise even though he still has three years left on his contract.

I never wanted to play for another team as a kid.  Yes can he win trophies and play Champions League at another club but it might not work out because that happens a lot.  We also have to remember he’s playing in the Premiership, the best league in the world with us and will likely playing for England soon.  It’s not as if he’s playing in some poxy league, he’s playing against some of the top teams in the world every week.  It’s not champions league but it’s not far behind.

If he moves he could be a great success but there is also a significant chance it may not and he ends up sitting on a bench, game after game, getting 5 minutes here and there.  

Who knows, it’s big risk!

Who knows what he's thinking, but I think he genuinely really loves this club. When he tweeted after the Spam game and said "MY club" it shows the affection he has for Villa.

Of course he wants to be playing at the highest level and I really hope we can one day offer him CL football every season, but ultimately as you say he's playing in the best league in the world, captaining the club he's supported since a kid, and playing for a team that is striving to make progress every season.

Ultimately we have to improve next season, we can only do that by keeping Jack otherwise we'll be in a situation where we have to replace a player who carried us for much of last season in addition to trying to improve other areas of the pitch. But it's completely understandable that Jack wants to see us making high level signings to complement him on the pitch. To an extent a midfield trio of him, McGinn and Luiz is very credible at this level and they're all young enough to improve further next season, but we need another winger who can make things happen and a reliable goalscorer to put away the chances Jack creates. None of our current strikers are reliable enough to do that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

BBC rumour mill says Manure will leave it late in the window to sign Grealish.

They really are a dirty club, we need to tell them No he's under contract piss off!

We need to be firm with our deadline for Jack, just as we did for Levy hen Spurs were after Grealish. We realise how value he is to us and do not want to, nor need to, sell him. We should absolutely be in the driving seat with this deal so I hope we've given them a deadline and if they fail to meet what we want then we move forwards. It's a shorter pre-season and an unbelievably important one for us, so a potential deal for us losing our best and most important player can't be allowed to drag on and distract us form our preparation for the new season. 

Three years left on his deal.

If Utd don't pay up, offer him a new four year deal with a £150m buyout clause. Pay him £125k a week, or the same wage as Fred if you want to read it that way.

If he wants more but is willing to sign, give it to him. He's a man to be relied on IMO. Yes he had a poor end of season (for him!), but the amount of points he's won us in the last two years shows his quality.

What a statement it would be. We likely won't be able to buy a player of his level for another 10 years at least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I think Southgate won’t pick him until he’s at another club. And that’s why Jack will Want to stay. Us staying up has scuppered any cheaper moves and we very well price (Rightfully) him Out of a move.

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think Southgate won’t pick him until he’s at another club. And that’s why Jack will Want to stay. Us staying up has scuppered any cheaper moves and we very well price (Rightfully) him Out of a move.

Oh if he had just stayed with Ireland then he'd probably have 40 caps by now.

On second thoughts, O'Neill and McCarthy were in charge, he'd probably have 20 substitute apps with total of 200 minutes while James McClean constantly cross the ball in to the stands behind the goal.

18 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What a stupendously idiotic decision by Southgate. Seems bit-part top-4 token gestures more likely to doth another Cap than Jack get his 1st.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

If Southgate doesn't pick him in the next England squad, it's basically career suicide for him (Southgate). 

In any case why the **** have we still got Southgate as a manager. He has failed in every manager role. He clearly can't see talent when it's slapping him across his face too. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

If Southgate doesn't pick him in the next England squad, it's basically career suicide for him (Southgate). 

In any case why the **** have we still got Southgate as a manager. He has failed in every manager role. He clearly can't see talent when it's slapping him across his face too. 

Because he's a nice man who won't embarrass the FA. That's all they want.

He's got a ridiculous selection of players to choose from for the next two years. Semi finals the minimum requirement.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

What a stupendously idiotic decision by Southgate. Seems bit-part top-4 token gestures more likely to doth another Cap than Jack get his 1st.

Southgate risks being ridiculed if he continues not to pick Jack while he’s a Villa player and Jack continues to do well. If we start the season well that will also help Jack. 

On the other side of the coin, if England struggle and Jack is left out, Southgate’s position may come under pressure if he appears to be making glaring errors like only picking his mates from top 6 clubs. 

He needs to remember where he came from and how we backed him after his penalty miss in 96. Of course he was so ambitious he left and joined Middlesbrough, glory hunter. Flawed reasoning seems to be a trait of his. 

From a non Villa perspective, if I were you I'd want him sold now. I think you have to recognise that as fans you'll have an emotional attachment to him, as he's your star player and the fact he's one of your own. But realistically, surely you must all recognise that his long term future isn't at Villa and therefore now is the perfect time to sell him, as due to Covid the disparity in the market is greater than ever. 

There is a very small group of Prem elite clubs, for whom covid isn't going to impact their transfer activity and the fact they are the one's currently spending has made it seem as if the market hasn't been as effected as it has. Grealish will go to one of the Manchester clubs in my opinion and they can both spend as if Covid hasn't happened. But they are the exception, not the rule. The rest of the Prem are soon going to have to recognise that when not dealing with those clubs, prices are going to have to deflate and quite dramatically. So any club that gets to sell to one of the Manchester clubs, is at a tremendous advantage.

If you took £70 million from City, for Grealish, to get it done quickly, rather than try and drag it out for £80 million, I think it would benefit you greatly, as you'll be one of the few clubs that genuinely has decent money to spend and can actually pay upfront. You could probably sell Grealish and be able to buy Brooks, Eze and Zaha with the money. There is no way Villa, with your current status, could normally do that. Look at the average players you were able to attract last season. So many clubs are going to be strapped for cash, so anyone coming in with a cash deal, without loans or staged payments etc, will be king in this market. 

You've seen with Benteke, that trying to cling onto your prize asset is a thankless task in the long run. Trying to keep Gealish for another season or two, won't be as beneficial to you as selling him now, in my opinion. This is a buyers market and selling Grealish will allow you take advantage of that, in a way 80% of Prem clubs can't, so it's a fairly unique opportunity to rebuild your status quickly. You could easily buy 2 or 3, really exciting players to replace Grealish and I seriously doubt you'd be able to do the same in a more typical transfer window. 

• Haha 2

To be fair to Southgate, he only picked squads for autumn matches, and Jack's form only got going in November December. So I'm confident he will be in the next squad. For me it a no brainer. The most fouled player has to be in the national team with the most dangerous set pieces.

• Like 1

Â