The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

49 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

So, so, pleased to say this... Villa are a bigger/better proposition than Arsenal over the next few seasons. This would never be a big enough move to tempt him, surely.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

32 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Hmmm, I think that's possible a bit rose tinted. Struggled in recent years but I'd expect them to be back challenging for top 4 on a regular basis. We havent ever really done that.

Possibly. But I can't see Arsenal finishing in the top 4 for some time to come. Arguably, they are now the 6th biggest team in England, and they would have to have an extraordinary outlay on players/season to finish above the likes of Man United, Chelsea, Spurs... who will undoubtedly be challenging for top 4, beside the obvious, bigger and better two. So I just can't see him leaving us for that kind of challenge.

The rose tinted bit, is seeing us vying for a European place, just as Arsenal will.

7 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Possibly. But I can't see Arsenal finishing in the top 4 for some time to come. Arguably, they are now the 6th biggest team in England, and they would have to have an extraordinary outlay on players/season to finish above the likes of Man United, Chelsea, Spurs... who will undoubtedly be challenging for top 4, beside the obvious, bigger and better two. So I just can't see him leaving us for that kind of challenge.

The rose tinted bit, is seeing us vying for a European place, just as Arsenal will.

Arsenal... Pretty much 4-6th placed team over the past 5 years and probably over the next 5 years.

or Villa the relegation/championship team over the past 5 years and probably not much better than 15th over the next 5 years (objectively, and based on no knowledge of our owners or possible future ambitions).

Hmmmm...

Edited by ender4

Sancho deal sounds close so hopefully thats the end of grealish to united. That would be great news for us.

Only city are the team id worey about.dont think we would do business with spurs after last time

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sancho deal sounds close so hopefully thats the end of grealish to united. That would be great news for us.

Only city are the team id worey about.dont think we would do business with spurs after last time

I’d be so disappointed if he was off to City.

10 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

got the feeling grealish to utd is still on solskjaer really wants him think there is a deal to be done at £80m depending if we will accept maybe 40 or 50 initially then the rest in installments 

kung fu no GIF

• Like 2

On 01/08/2020 at 23:50, Zatman said:

I also couldnt even tell you who Dele Alli even plays for now 😛 

I hope you are joking, I think you are but he was amazing about 4 years ago, he seems to have lost his way a bit, hopefully Mourinho can get him back on track

Graeme Souness says that Jack Grealish holds on to the ball too much and needs to release the ball quicker to develop more as a player. I respect Souness’s opinion, he has been in the game for a number of years as a player, manager and now pundit. It is hard to believe thar Grealish is still only 24 years old, it feels like he has been around for much longer than he has. I’ve never seen any side so reliant on one player than we are on Grealish and have been for a number of years now. I think eventually he will leave, he will probably need to in order to fulfil his career ambitions. He has been a great servant to this club, I love him, one thing I will say about him is that he should use his left foot more, he’s so one footed. He scored with his left foot against Norwich City away last season and against Brighton away last season. Grealish stayed for 3 seasons in The Championship and showed great loyalty to us, I will always be grateful to him for that

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes, if only he had scored an important goal with his left foot this year. 

I think you are referring to the West Ham match? We wouldn’t have survived without that goal, so yes it was a very important goal but it could also be Grealish’s last goal in a Villa shirt

Â