The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

The amount of crap journalism baffles me, how do these people get the job in the first place? It's pathetic. 😄 But this repeats every window. 

There is a demand for endless news reports 24/7. It's the people who click on the articles are driving it. The "news" companies are just giving the people what they want. The news doesn't actually need to be true, just constant. The best bet is to not click on articles where the first word of the headline is "exclusvie" "revealed" "uncovered" or some other similar bullshit.

• Like 1

The most sickening thing about this is that as soon as Manure interest cools SKY start linking other teams like Arse.

They just want him playing for one of their media darlings as it will add to their marketing campaigns.

Villa need to say: 'enough is enough, he's under contract...piss off'.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

The most sickening thing about this is that as soon as Manure interest cools SKY start linking other teams like Arse.

They just want him playing for one of their media darlings as it will add to their marketing campaigns.

Villa need to say: 'enough is enough, he's under contract...piss off'.

I don't think this is it. They won't care who he plays for. 

They do it, because those teams have more fans worldwide who will click on any stories linking them to players. 

• Like 2

I think we need to put our own deadline on this. With the transfer window closing a month after the season starts, we can't be selling him near the end. 

We need to name the price, set a date and then end it there if nothing has been met.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never really understood the desire to play for England and I think it will go away over time. I saw all the abuse England players got after tournaments around 2004-10, wasn't an England player booed at home not long ago too? I don't see why some of them bother, personally I'd take my summers off and prolong a club career. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

How much did arsenal pay for pepe?? 

He'd walk in to that team and be one of their best players

They've got too big a rebuild to do though to spend that much on him, they could spend double that of the defence 

75 million. Sherwood said if he is worth 75 million Jack is worth 175. Honestly Sherwood is a really good pundit and he loves Jack and he still likes villa as well. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

75 million. Sherwood said if he is worth 75 million Jack is worth 175. Honestly Sherwood is a really good pundit and he loves Jack and he still likes villa as well. 

£175m is obviously hyperbole

The idea that he's worth more than him isn't though

17 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

If Grealish wants to stay - then yes we can sit on an £80m or whatever and not budge.

However if Grealish wants to go thats the gamechanger. Legally he is still under contract of course - We would have a discontented JG on our hands - ok he might get his act into gear and perform as he has this season - but just say the current contract is the last he signs - meaning that his value goes down. 

Agree it needs sorting quickly. We can't have him leaving a few days before the window closes.

7 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

Or from another point of view, the club have invested well over a decade of money, training and development into a young lad knowing there a 1-100 chance of him becoming a first team regular, but giving him his shot at a dream that most kids would give their right arm for.

He's now repaying the club with performances that are driving us forward.

People seem to forget that clubs invest a lot in these kids in the front end, and that selling them to Man United isn't the end game for a lot of us.

Or maybe I'm just dreaming of the pre-prem days when your star player retired on the back of a testimonial and bought a local pub.

That is a very good point that is hardly ever spoke about.

Thankyou for that because I didnt think of that and it makes even much more sense that we keep Grealish with us.

300 mill after that,bugger off UTD lol.

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

There’s literally a photo of little Jack in a Villa shirt meeting Paul Merson. He’s always been a Villan. Everyone knows that. 

CD5A9186-7F5D-4864-B651-8FF83CAD92D4.jpeg

Apparently on Grealish's old Twitter posts is that he used to be a utd fan, not sure where this comes from..

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

I never really understood the desire to play for England and I think it will go away over time. I saw all the abuse England players got after tournaments around 2004-10, wasn't an England player booed at home not long ago too? I don't see why some of them bother, personally I'd take my summers off and prolong a club career. 

You get like a million quid for playing at a major tournament.

NvM apparently only 2.5k for a win at a tournament. Thought it would be way more. 

Edited by MotoMkali

Just now, MotoMkali said:

You get like a million quid for playing at a major tournament. 

Isn't it standard for England players to give their international money to charity? Not sure if it's the case now but it was at one point. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Isn't it standard for England players to give their international money to charity? Not sure if it's the case now but it was at one point. 

I was wrong anyway. It seems like it is actually peanuts. 

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

If Grealish wants to stay - then yes we can sit on an £80m or whatever and not budge.

However if Grealish wants to go thats the gamechanger. Legally he is still under contract of course - We would have a discontented JG on our hands - ok he might get his act into gear and perform as he has this season - but just say the current contract is the last he signs - meaning that his value goes down. 

Agree it needs sorting quickly. We can't have him leaving a few days before the window closes.

Id be happy with another 3 years of Jack and no fee at the end of it as long as we didnt get relegated. Dont think our owners would be too fussed about getting money in either if it meant we progressed year on year whilst getting the TV money each year.

The only thing that would come into play would be the human element and us being nice guys like we normally are and doing it for Jacks benefit instead of Villa’s benefit.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, deeps said:

Both talk absolute BS the pair of em. 
Jack will be linked to everyone by Sky. Remember they own a betting company. 

I honestly don't know how what they do is legal. Scumbags, the lot of them.

• Like 1

Â