The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed. But then imagine that with a quality left winger too and Jack behind the striker. 

That picture of Randy Marsh comes to mind..

Absolutely..

2 pacy skillful wingers either side of Jack, and a good striker and we could be brilliant.

With McGinn and Luiz playing deeper. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Absolutely..

2 pacy skillful wingers either side of Jack, and a good striker and we could be brilliant.

With McGinn and Luiz playing deeper. 

That’s the dream! 4 players. 35m on each of them. Job done. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It all hinges on the fee, stating up means we want £80m United are about £20 away with their valuation. No other serious parties at present to my knowledge but could see some looking.
This will rumble on all window sadly, if a big fee comes in for a CL side Jack will force the move, he feels he need to kick on to reach the top of the game now. 

Greg Evans is still saying probably off, I was 95% sure he was gone 2 months back, I’d say 60% now

Honestly think they've been holding off on giving him a call up for so long to eventually force him to move to a bigger club. Even if he rides the bench for a top 6 club, he'd invariably be in the England team. But him pulling up trees at Villa and looking like one of the best players of the league for some odd reason wasn't enough.

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Jack's in the team of the year alongside De Bruyne, Salah, Mane - the best English midfield player in the country.

Any other country in the world and he'd have been capped multiple times since he first broke on the scene. Eased into the national squad and supported.

But not good enough according to the FA's lapdog Southgate. What an absolute absolute muppet. I wouldn't expect anything less from someone who's top playing ambition was to go to Middlesborough and win sweet F.A.

He had some plausible deniability with that excuse that "he's playing in the Championship" (not really because he was capping Mason Mount, who Jack absolutely showed up that season), but now that he's doing the business in the PL, there's no excuse at all. As you say, any other country would be ecstatic at such an exciting young player with the talent that he's got (he's not just another pace merchant winger), especially England you would think who have lacked such a creative player for years.

• Like 1

Being in the team of the year, alongside the names he is, proves his value is at least 80m. Having got that recognition playing for a team that has looked collectively clueless for a lot of the season, just raises the bar. Can't see him going for less than 80m. Honestly, not sure I can see him going at all... going to be an interesting few weeks

3 hours ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

Congratulations on staying up by the way and helping us to finish 7th by beating Arsenal.

As for Grealish, he's been brilliant for you but I would say that a decision needs to be made almost immediately that you are letting him go or him publicly stating that he is staying.

The last thing that you need is a protracted transfer negotiation that could take it down to the wire in respect of the start of next season. Any targets or replacements need to be in as quickly as possible so that the squad has time to gel. For the sake of an extra £5-10m its not worth risking a close season break of uncertainty in the squad followed by a rush to buy a replacement.

I'd say that accepting £60m with add ons early in the transfer window is better than holding for £70m+ if it means disruption to your pre-season plans. 

thanks, and congrats on your continued performances in the PL, what a team u guys have.

Completely agree in the sense we need to know very soon if he is going so we can plan for a replacement (or to spend the money asap), worst case scenario would be him going towards the end of the window and for us to be rushing around last minute trying to find someone to buy.

personally i would do all i could to keep him, and promise him we will spend X over the next X season(s) to challenge for top 6 etc, but if he really wants to go, we need to get him sold asap, for every penny we can get, then re-invest it asap.

Edited by MaVilla

30 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He had some plausible deniability with that excuse that "he's playing in the Championship" (not really because he was capping Mason Mount, who Jack absolutely showed up that season), but now that he's doing the business in the PL, there's no excuse at all. As you say, any other country would be ecstatic at such an exciting young player with the talent that he's got (he's not just another pace merchant winger), especially England you would think who have lacked such a creative player for years.

The only other English player I can think of recently who was not just a speed merchant was Wilshere. But Wilshere had very dodgy ankles, smoked cigarettes and only ever flattered to deceive. He definitely fell victim to the "I've made it syndrome" of having a big contract at a big club and never really fulfilled  his potential. 

Of course he was drafted into the English squad early though because, Arsenal. 

• Like 1

Love the fact that we have rich and ambitious owners.

This might be another Palace and Zaha situation. Clubs not willing to pay up what we demand and him staying here for quite a long time.

We are no longer a selling club the bigger clubs can just bully.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

So basically backtracking. 

No, no, no, it's not that we were wrong before, it's that Man U have cooled their interest and the price has gone up.  But all that other stuff we've been saying for months was definitely right. 

It’s genuinely been nailed on since Feb time, us turning it around and covid break etc may have **** United. Don’t forget no supporters hits revenue and the bigger clubs take in corporate £££’s so it genuinely maybe a case of no cash come back next summer for them. 

£80m is our number, United are more £55-£60m and if we went down that’s what we would have got

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Jack's in the team of the year alongside De Bruyne, Salah, Mane - the best English midfield player in the country.

Any other country in the world and he'd have been capped multiple times since he first broke on the scene. Eased into the national squad and supported.

But not good enough according to the FA's lapdog Southgate. What an absolute absolute muppet. I wouldn't expect anything less from someone who's top playing ambition was to go to Middlesborough and win sweet F.A.

So when they come back with 80 mill its....

100.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

He's the closest thing I've seen to George Best in his pomp. 

I've always thought this but been afraid to say out loud. They move in the same way. I haven't seen anyone else glide with the ball like Best did until Grealish.

• Thanks 1

Â