The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'm really starting to think we keep him. That would be amazing.

A good striker and right winger and we could be frightening going forward.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Like I said yesterday, I'm really starting to think we're going to keep him. Staying up has changed a lot. 

Obviously now we're demanding £80m and I just think there's no way anyone pays that. If he decides to have a moan and try to force a move well he still has 3 years left on his contract and I'm sure the club will give him a little reminder that there's a Euros coming up next summer. So if he doesn't move he can't afford to sulk, he gets his head down and performs again otherwise it's no England squad for Jack. 

Unless things just change drastically for whatever reason, I believe we're in a really strong position. 

This is a great point, the Euros being moved was brilliant for us. Literally everything runs through Grealish at villa, he has a better season next season and he's on the plane to the Euros. 

The fact he hasn't been called up so far is absolute insanity.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

I don't think he will go unless It's a Champions league team or abroad. I don't know enough about European teams to form a considered opinion. So who could it be.

Liverpool, but to replace who. It would be replace because he would probably be their most expensive transfer

Man C possibly, I could see him fitting in there. I know they have an abundance of talent, but, apart form Fernandhino and Rhodri  as the DM  and De Bruyne  They seem to rotate Gundogan,  Bernardo Silva, David Silva and Foden. I'm sure they would want to replace David Silva this year. They do things differently to most other clubs, they don't buy an expensive player for the first team they buy it for the squad.

Chelsea, Not sure, they seem too have too many midfielders for their system, It just feels like he would be in a group of about 8 for three positions. 

Man U  well if they have been turned down on a bid of 90m for Sancho, they will probably go higher. I think they need to get players off the books to be able to spend a lot more on any one player after that.

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Mate there were times this season (Mostly earlier) where we were wreaking havoc going forward with Jack and other wingers/forwards interchanging and switching sides etc.

So that, but will higher quality and pace could really work -  and now with actual FINISHING of course.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

I've always been pretty confident if we stayed up we would keep him. Going down is a whole different story. Just can't see any club paying the fee we would want for him. Only team to be worried about is Man City and even then I think it's highly unlikely. 

40 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Just think how much better he will be with better attacking options. 

Exactly. Need top quality striker now. No more leaps of faith. Or investing in " potential " for that position. Wesley - not overly impressed but might come good. Samatta, i'd bin him. If we could recoup half of what we got for him this summer, I'd take it. He's shocking.

I imagine 80 million is the very minimum to even get Villa to the negotiation table. Sounds like United might be cooling their interest with Sancho their main interest, probably think they can get him for cheaper.

It now looks unlikely United will try to sign Grealish in this transfer window, even though Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is a big admirer of the Aston Villa captain.

Premier League survival means the cost for any club wanting to buy Grealish from Villa has increased significantly.

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

I would think this was a standard Utd tactic...cool the interest at their end hoping that it will force player/agent/club to come to them and drop price. 

I still think they want him and want to play the long game. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Like I said yesterday, I'm really starting to think we're going to keep him. Staying up has changed a lot. 

Obviously now we're demanding £80m and I just think there's no way anyone pays that. If he decides to have a moan and try to force a move well he still has 3 years left on his contract and I'm sure the club will give him a little reminder that there's a Euros coming up next summer. So if he doesn't move he can't afford to sulk, he gets his head down and performs again otherwise it's no England squad for Jack. 

Unless things just change drastically for whatever reason, I believe we're in a really strong position. 

Also, the structure at the club currently means that authority and ‘blame‘ can be passed around positions. “I need to get permission from Purslow for this”, “this needs to be signed off by Edens”, “Sawiris and Eden’s just don’t think the offer is viable“ etc etc. This allows Smith to seemingly remain impartial in the matter, if Smith is careful with the politicking. He can be perceived to fighting for Jack to get his big opportunity, whilst back-channeling with board for his true intentions of Jack remaining. The ‘distant’ owners just wouldn’t budge and can be blamed. If we then hold steady, come the close of the transfer window,  Smith puts his arm around him, tells him that nout can be done and to get his head down to showcase his skills and to force them to make an offer the board cannot refuse. Or alternatively a club panics near the end of the window and pays an exorbitant amount for him.

18 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Apparently Nasef Sawiris has "slapped" an 80m price tag on him. I wonder where he's put the tag? On his face, maybe Sawiris is a saucy git an slapped it on his bum? 

Lol.

dMhja1I.png

• Haha 2

Smith needs to chat with Gareth Southgate, if Jack can get in the squad (poss 5 sept game) then it’s another plus to stay here, shame England games not till then (if it goes ahead). 

We are in a strong position as a club (finances, contract, still in prem), unless he forces a move which I don’t think he will.  80m is absolute min, only time I would accept lower would be City, 60m plus cancel Luiz buy back and Foden :)

whatever happens, it can’t drag on, only a short pre season so ideally ins and outs done early

Jack has an ego - good thing for a player with his ability.

He has been the main man for years at villa. He moves to a champs lge team he's not guaranteed 1st team football. He will hate that. He wants to be talked about in the mddia, he loves opposition players targeting him. He will want assurances of lots of playing time.

He stays with us one more year i would bet heavily on it

It all hinges on the fee, stating up means we want £80m United are about £20 away with their valuation. No other serious parties at present to my knowledge but could see some looking.
This will rumble on all window sadly, if a big fee comes in for a CL side Jack will force the move, he feels he need to kick on to reach the top of the game now. 

Greg Evans is still saying probably off, I was 95% sure he was gone 2 months back, I’d say 60% now

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

So basically backtracking. 

No, no, no, it's not that we were wrong before, it's that Man U have cooled their interest and the price has gone up.  But all that other stuff we've been saying for months was definitely right. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Agreed. But then imagine that with a quality left winger too and Jack behind the striker. 

That picture of Randy Marsh comes to mind..

• Like 1

Â