The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Where are you getting this from ? You got Nassef and Wes on speed dial ? Anything can be bandied around in the media. Werner is one of the most prolific strikers in Europe. 24. German international,  and Chelsea have paid 48 million for him. Not suggesting we are gonna be lowballed but you don't know the fee, so....

Well generally multiple figures are spouted around for players but for Jack the only figure from respected people/journalists or people close to the club seems to be 80m.  It maybe wrong but that figure hasn’t changed for months, reported many times so must have come from somewhere. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You seem more a Grealish fan than an Aston Villa fan.  I’d be delighted if we reject all offers, I want him to stay here.  Yes he’d sulk for a bit but wouldn’t change him next season.

Because he has 3 years left on his contract that he signed!

Villa loyalty questioned by a stranger on a forum. Nice. No, im practical. I want the team to do well. Always has to be about the team. You are fawning over a player ( a very good one mind ) I'm not. I was devastated when Yorke left. When Barry left. We are a much better team with Grealish in it than out of it. Of course i hope he stays.  We were much better with Yorke in it. We were much better with Barry in it. You move on and never lose site of the team , greater than any individual. My point was if he decides he wants to leave, I'd wish him well and then Villa kick on again.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Where are you getting this from ? You got Nassef and Wes on speed dial ? Anything can be bandied around in the media. Werner is one of the most prolific strikers in Europe. 24. German international,  and Chelsea have paid 48 million for him. Not suggesting we are gonna be lowballed but you don't know the fee, so....

Great, just say a name that fits your argument.  Ok I say Coutinho who Liverpool sold for an initial £105m rising to £142m to Barcelona.  Even now Bayern’s buy clause for him this summer if they chose to use is £110m after a season loan fee last season of £8.5m

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Great, so!  If a club doesn’t pay the fee then he doesn’t go!  The fee seems to be 80m according to reports, it wouldn’t be our fault if Man Utd get nowhere that.  Jack also would be realistic that if we didn’t get a realistic fee that we wouldn’t sell.

If Jack wants to go then it makes it more difficult but we aren’t going to drop our pants.  If the owners want 80m for him, they aren’t going to accept 65m for him, that’s almost 20% off.  It’s also a value (15m) of a decent player that we could buy.  Plus we aren’t a charity shop, Man Utd have plenty of money, it’s not as if they are skint, they just want Jack on the cheap.  If they don’t buy him, that’s because of them not Villa.

The owners seem to set the fee at 80m for what seems months now.  Jack knows the figure, Man Utd know the figure.  If it doesn’t happen, I’m not sure how a Jack can blame Villa at all.  Jack knows Man U have the money they just decided he wasn’t worth it.

Totally agree with this. He still has three years on his current deal, we are financially stable and in the PL. Why would we want to do a favour for one of the richest clubs in the world? They have recently spent £80m on a defender who at times looks clumsy with the ball at his feet, Jack has that bit of class and looks so comfortable on the ball, why would we do them a favour. If they don't want to pay the price and choose to walk away from the deal, that is great for us. We build a better team around Jack and hopefully progress up the table

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Villa loyalty questioned by a stranger on a forum. Nice. No, im practical. I want the team to do well. Always has to be about the team. You are fawning over a player ( a very good one mind ) I'm not. I was devastated when Yorke left. When Barry left. We are a much better team with Grealish in it than out of it. Of course i hope he stays.  We were much better with Yorke in it. We were much better with Barry in it. You move on and never lose site of the team , greater than any individual. My point was if he decides he wants to leave, I'd wish him well and then Villa kick on again.

Practical, not sure that’s the right word!

Apologies, wrong of me to question your loyalty

I’m all about the team hence keep our best players and add to them, not sell and hope we can buy better overall with (let’s say) two players.  Keep the player we have and add to it especially when we don’t need to sell.

If he decides to leave and goes, just like all our other players that have left I won’t give a damn what they do because it doesn’t affect Villa.  Once they are gone I don’t care bad or good for them.  For me we get the best deal for Villa not Jack.... first best, he stays...second best, he goes for a huge figure.

• Like 1

Manure paid 50+ mill for Fred but value Jack at 45 million.

I couldn't see Fred single handedly keeping us in the division if he played for us instead of Jack.

They said they overpaid for Fred and it must not happen again but we do not need to sell Jack and we have rich owners.

Jack is not going to put in a transfer request as he loves this club and will not force a move.

If Ole want's to speak to Jack's agent his number is 0121 **** do one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on staying up by the way and helping us to finish 7th by beating Arsenal.

As for Grealish, he's been brilliant for you but I would say that a decision needs to be made almost immediately that you are letting him go or him publicly stating that he is staying.

The last thing that you need is a protracted transfer negotiation that could take it down to the wire in respect of the start of next season. Any targets or replacements need to be in as quickly as possible so that the squad has time to gel. For the sake of an extra £5-10m its not worth risking a close season break of uncertainty in the squad followed by a rush to buy a replacement.

I'd say that accepting £60m with add ons early in the transfer window is better than holding for £70m+ if it means disruption to your pre-season plans. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'll gladly admit I wasn't the biggest fan of Tammy either. In retrospect it's hard to conclude anything else than I got that wrong.

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I stand by my quote.

No problem, gents, I'm not having a go at anyone, not asking anyone to defend/attack views from a year ago. All I was saying is just because there's a consensus here doesn't mean it's true. I used Tammy as an example, but the example doesn't really matter. There's boys here saying don't answer the phone for less than £80m, that the deal should be £100m + Daniel James, etc. I think that emerging consensus is just plain naive.

TBH I think Jack will have grown up watching Gareth Barry, James Milner, Ashley Young, etc. He might have even have trained with them. He'll have seen their careers after they departed. They all played at a higher level than Villa reached, and they all won things. Jack's agent will be mentioning this every couple of days.

Posters here are understandably putting Jack up as our own Matt Le Tissier. That he'll stay forever and help us build. That the club is awash with money, that we won't sell him, that Jack will stick around, maybe be upset for a week, but a few weeks in front of the Holte will see him right. Matt Le Tissier was absolutely the exception, a once every ten years sort of connection. There are others, and Steven Gerrard is the obvious other one. But the fact is we're not Liverpool legitimately offering Gerrard nights in Istanbul.

Maybe it's pessimism from the years of watching Villa players leave, but I don't see this playing out like Matt Le Tissier. I don't have this romantic view that Jack Grealish will be the exception. He might be, of course. But I think Jack has shown that his head is well and truly turned, that he wants to play at a higher level than what we can offer at the moment, like Gareth Barry did, that he's an uncapped player with a major tournament coming up, and ultimately that he'll be off. And for him to be off I think the fee will be closer to £45m than £100m (i.e. below £72.5m). I hope I'm wrong. I hope we keep him and sign some quality players so we can push for Top 10 next year. Or that if he goes, we sell him for mad money. But the "not answer the phone for less than £80m" gang? I think they're in for a sad day.

We'll see.

• Like 1

We just need to stop being a feeder team and selling our best players, if we can keep Jack and add 3-4 top quality signings it would send out a big message that we are not a selling club anymore, keeping Grealish would mean so much on and off the pitch, it's a statement of intent from the owners that we're no longer sell just because a team in the Champions League came in for our players.

Just now, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

Congratulations on staying up by the way and helping us to finish 7th by beating Arsenal.

As for Grealish, he's been brilliant for you but I would say that a decision needs to be made almost immediately that you are letting him go or him publicly stating that he is staying.

The last thing that you need is a protracted transfer negotiation that could take it down to the wire in respect of the start of next season. Any targets or replacements need to be in as quickly as possible so that the squad has time to gel. For the sake of an extra £5-10m its not worth risking a close season break of uncertainty in the squad followed by a rush to buy a replacement.

I'd say that accepting £60m with add ons early in the transfer window is better than holding for £70m+ if it means disruption to your pre-season plans. 

The starting price is 80m+ add ons. Minimum. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

If that is his price then so be it but the point I was trying to make is that it needs to be settled quickly. The harmony and preparation of the Villa squad for 2020/21 is far more important than £5, £10 or £15m.

No doubt about it that the squad will be a better with Grealish in it but the issue needs to be settled quickly.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed £80m, and it needs to be submitted by no later than 16th August 2020.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

If that is his price then so be it but the point I was trying to make is that it needs to be settled quickly. The harmony and preparation of the Villa squad for 2020/21 is far more important than £5, £10 or £15m.

No doubt about it that the squad will be a better with Grealish in it but the issue needs to be settled quickly.

It’s for the buyer to “settle quickly” 

I hope that helps.

The Grealish thing is all about context and how much he is worth to us, not how much people WANT to spend on him.
He is Mr. Aston Villa. Probably the best player we've ever produced and has almost single handedly got us promoted and kept us up the following season. He's an unbelievable player. Effortless. Orgasmic. 

Palace wanted 80m for Zaha. Fred cost UTD 50m. Chelsea are about to sign Havertz for 73m. Maguire cost 80m. Grealish is better than that lot so why wouldn't we set the price at 80m+? 
We don't need to sell. He is contracted for another 4 years I believe and I doubt he'd kick up a fuss if we didn't allow him to move if the correct fee isn't met. 

Either pay up, or shut up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One thing to bear in mind if will Grealish's value ever be this high again?

He's been incredible this season, and I think he'll continue to improve...he might not though.

If he does stay, has a bad season and we go down, we won't be getting many bids over £25m.

Edited by Tomaszk

Just now, Tomaszk said:

One thing to bear in mind if will Grealish's value ever be this high again?

He's been incredible this season, and I think he'll continue to improve...he might not though.

If he does stay, has a bad season and we go down, we won't be getting many bids over £25.

Tad harsh, I think he’d fetch at least £500

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Honestly don't think I would consider an offer in the region of £ 150 million. 

Money does nothing for me as a fan. Good footballers on the other hand do. 

When you know how hard it is to find anything half useful for stupid money, it makes it even worse. 

Just hope Jack wants to continue captaining his club. 

• Like 1

Â