The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I agree we will probably be asking for that, I just don’t think we will ever get it. He’s going to go regardless imo so I just hope we can get the best price possible, maybe 50 is more realistic.

Why is "He going to go regardless" if our fee is not met? Lol

He'll go if he insists on going and our asking price is met. (Or whoever comes closest to it)

"I don't think we will ever get it" - Oh well he stays then.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Plenty of players nowhere near as good as Grealish have gone for £60m or more, £80m is around what he's worth but we should be asking for more than that, saw the other day that Wolves had put a £135m valuation on Adama, we should do be doing something similar with Grealish, he's been one of the better players in the premier league this season.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Take off your Claret and blue specs please. 80 million would put him in the top 5 transfers of all time, that really isn’t accurate.

My claret and blue specs will stay on TID thank you very much

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Plenty of players nowhere near as good as Grealish have gone for £60m or more, £80m is around what he's worth but we should be asking for more than that, saw the other day that Wolves had put a £135m valuation on Adama, we should do be doing something similar with Grealish, he's been one of the better players in the premier league this season.

if they want that for Adama then Jack is worth, wait for it, 1 Billion Dollars 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I agree we will probably be asking for that, I just don’t think we will ever get it. He’s going to go regardless imo so I just hope we can get the best price possible, maybe 50 is more realistic.

50 would still be undervaluing him in 2020. If we're only offered 50 he won't be leaving.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

If anyone thinks our fans are living in cloud cuckoo land when it comes to transfers then take a look at the Grealish thread on Redcafe. They really think he'll go there for around £30-40m. Someone even suggested a straight swap for Lingard and James! 🤣

sadly they aren't accepting new registrations, so we are unable to enlighten them about their derisory valuation(s) of Grealish 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gillz said:

2) I think many of the 'Top' teams are actually quite well off in his current position - particularly now United have started firing. My fear was that a mid level team like Everton, Burnley or Newcastle would come in for him if we went down, but by staying up i don't think the 'step up' would be big enough for him to uproot.

Agree we have averted him going to mid table sides like Everton Burnley Spurs etc but wouldn’t be surprised if Man Utd try some unsettling tactics to try and get him for A knockdown Price.

We hold all the aces. Yesterday was a monumental result for us in terms of the stance we can now take.

No need to sell. Jack is Mr. AVFC; our marketing and promotional poster boy. He has been the catalyst in keeping us up. So thats the first thing you state to prospective interested parties. We’d want compensating for a potential relegation. Asking price should start at £100m to warn off everybody. No one will pay it, we give him a big fat payrise and new terms; he is the captain and leader of his and his families club. Surely moving shouldnt come into your thoughts only loyalty and pride as long as you are getting paid the going rate someone of your ability is entitled to in accordance to your peers. Owners know his worth and can quite easily state: NOT FOR SALE. We’re in a fantastic position here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Agree we have averted him going to mid table sides like Everton Burnley Spurs etc but wouldn’t be surprised if Man Utd try some unsettling tactics to try and get him for A knockdown Price.

I dont think United could get away that with Jack or if they tried it with Kane as well. I think if was a foreign lad or a player with no emotional connection they could use the tapping up trick

The way I see it at the moment that Jack will leave if City or Liverpool come in for him. I dont think United actually want him, Liverpool he wouldnt fit into the financial structure since they wouldnt pay the money for Werner. So for me its City or Villa next season. If he did leave I would prefer him to go abroad but nobody could afford him

We all have our thoughts but what is Grealish worth to Aston Villa?

A massive amount, he is sponsorship gold; a good footballer, handsome, and a local lad made Captain.

Three-year contract too adds £s to the equation, he has been pivotal for us in many games this season (especially the last two).

How much would Brentford want for Benrahma; QPR for Edze; Bournemouth for Ake; Celtic for Edoard and even us for Mings?

How much did Barcodes pay for Joelinton and his two goals?

Do we really need the money for Grealish if transfer fees are to be so low? But on the other hand we are also thinking FFP means teams can spend like crazy? So which is it?

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

Cannot see a world where Jack leaves for less than 60m. I expect it to be higher if he does go.

There's just no sense in us accepting any lower. We sure as hell can't replace him for 50m. And there is zero need for us to sell with him having a 3 year contract.  If he wants to go now, having kept us up,  it will be on our terms. The owners aren't stupid enough to sell him for less than 60m. Whether its any more than that depends on whether there are multiple teams after him and most importantly whether Jack submits a request. If he doesn't , he's due a HUGE payout, that will increase the cost to a buying team substantially.

If you don't think he's worth that much,  it just means you think he's staying with us.

7 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

We all have our thoughts but what is Grealish worth to Aston Villa?

A massive amount, he is sponsorship gold; a good footballer, handsome, and a local lad made Captain.

Three-year contract too adds £s to the equation, he has been pivotal for us in many games this season (especially the last two).

How much would Brentford want for Benrahma; QPR for Edze; Bournemouth for Ake; Celtic for Edoard and even us for Mings?

How much did Barcodes pay for Joelinton and his two goals?

Do we really need the money for Grealish if transfer fees are to be so low? But on the other hand we are also thinking FFP means teams can spend like crazy? So which is it?

He's worth more to us than to anyone else. And we shouldn't settle for anything less than top money, and even then I'd try to keep him. I'm relaxed about the situation, he'll either stay or we'll get loads of money.

I'm hoping we build around him though. It would be a big statement from the owners if we kept Jack and still spent loads.

• Like 2

How can people seriously be talking about £60m? Didn’t Newcastle pay £40m for Joelinton?! Grealish is a top player. He is also unique and plays in a position where top dollar must be paid. Anything less than £100m and we won’t even pick up the phone. Even then the conversation is very short.......When Pep said that City couldn’t afford Jack, he was right.

• Like 3

We haven't got to sell him, we don't need to sell him, he is worth , at least imho £80m. If anyone offers that then we /he can consider it, but for me it will only be worth leaving to go to a team who are going to win things.

Now there are only 2 teams atm who you would think can guarantee winning things next year, Citeeeeh and LPlop. Now i don't see either of them being interested in Sir Jack, Citeeeh have Foden, and Lplop play a different system, so that leaves only 2 or 3 other teams who could afford him, Chelsk and Ure.

As much as CL is a draw nothing can compensate for regular 1st team football, so if Jack wants to develop, then he has to play regular football.

Its a dilemma for Jack, does he leave for a "bigger club", not play regularly, and not guarantee winning anything, or stop at VP, and hope that the owners keep their promises and spend and develop the team, to who knows what?

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Anything less than £100m and we won’t even pick up the phone.

Our club wouldn’t stump up £25m for Benrahma and now you think we’d turn down £90m for Grealish? Delusional, IMHO.

I will be amazed if we get north of £70m for him. Ten pound to VT if we do. Can see us accepting considerably less than that.

23 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

If that slabhead Maguire went for £80 mill, then that's the minimum we should be aiming for 

Why do you think he’s a ‘slabhead’? He’s Manchester United’s and England’s best defender for me

Will anyone take on a bet?

North of £65m, I pay a tenner to VT. South of £65m, they pay.

Fee, not including add-ons or ifs/butts/maybes, and obviously no transfer means nobody pays. Deadline of this transfer window, so October 1st or whenever it ends.

Â