The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

37 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Especially given they will probably have to go up to 100 mill to get him.

Dortmund want €120 million which is about £109 million. If they pay that much, surely they won't have another £100 million to spend on one player. Then again FFP doesn't apply to them, the cheating scumbags.

Now that we have ensured another season in the PL, I think he is more likely to stay.

1) We won't need to money. Realistically it will cost £60m+ to even tempt us and i don't see clubs spending that much on him

2) I think many of the 'Top' teams are actually quite well off in his current position - particularly now United have started firing. My fear was that a mid level team like Everton, Burnley or Newcastle would come in for him if we went down, but by staying up i don't think the 'step up' would be big enough for him to uproot.

If anyone thinks our fans are living in cloud cuckoo land when it comes to transfers then take a look at the Grealish thread on Redcafe. They really think he'll go there for around £30-40m. Someone even suggested a straight swap for Lingard and James! 🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

If anyone thinks our fans are living in cloud cuckoo land when it comes to transfers then take a look at the Grealish thread on Redcafe. They really think he'll go there for around £30-40m. Someone even suggested a straight swap for Lingard and James! 🤣

We have to say to them it's £100 million and no less. If they want to send us Lingard and James then they'd have to make the bid about £180 million.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Especially given they will probably have to go up to 100 mill to get him.

28 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'm already feeling quite confident that we'll keep hold of Grealish. I'm just struggling to see any club pay what we'll demand for him now. 

I think a lot of you are in for a shock.

22 minutes ago, Enda said:

I think a lot of you are in for a shock.

The only shock would be us letting him go for anything less than 60 mill.

Aside from that I don't see what shock there could be.

8 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

I would rather him stay but can’t begrudge him a big move, if there is one on the cards anyway.

If we get 40 million plus and we add at least 20 million we can do some damage in the transfer window and could start next season stronger.

£40 million?! :crylaugh:

Double that. That's what we'll be getting for Grealish

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Either unstated or implied thats going to be the same wherever he goes. He has to have the belief in his own ability that he can push past those players and get in the first team.

Agreed, All players at this level should be backing their ability when going to a big club.

It's easy to mock people like SIdwell and Drinkwater and Rodwell etc who got moves to bigger clubs and never made it. We can all say "They were never going to make it there"

But any player worth their salt would have to see those kind of moves as huge opportunities and back themselves to improve and break into teams like that. it might not happen, but they have to back themselves to make the move and try.

• Like 1

I don't think Man Utd need him now. Really hope the board can convince Jack that the Villa 'project' is about to go to the next level and to give it another year to see where we end up. 

5 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Jesus, thank God you're not running the club (I'd imagine that applies to everyone on here though). Palace wanted 80 million for Zaha last summer. I think we should be at least asking for that. However, my first choice would be replying to every transfer bid from a club with a video of Purslow wiping his ass with the paper that it is printed on.

I said 40 million plus, so maybe around 50. Grealish and Zaha are not going for 80 million, not going to happen.

7 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

40 million, that's insulting and I hate this wouldn't begrudge him a big move talk from some supporters. Not snapping at you Dan but he is worth at least double that and if he loves this club as much as he obviously does then I'm sure he would rather be remembered as Villa's greatest ever player then for winning some trophies at some other meaningless club.

Take off your Claret and blue specs please. 80 million would put him in the top 5 transfers of all time, that really isn’t accurate.

3 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Take off your Claret and blue specs please. 80 million would put him in the top 5 transfers of all time, that really isn’t accurate.

Alongside Harry Maguire...

The market has changed hugely in the last few years. Old transfer records just aren't relevant any more.

Joelinton cost £40m. That's the kind of fee you're suggesting for Grealish

If Jack went for 40/50 million there would rightly be uproar from our fans. We'd have been utterly ripped off

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Unless Coronoavirus has badly affected the market, they will.

Zaha was touted at £80m last season.
Harry Maguire went for £80m
James Madison has been linked at "more than the £80m Man utd paid for Maguire"
Nathan Ake is being linked to Man City for £40m
John Stones went for £50m
Kyle Walker cost £53m
Wan Bissaka cost £50m

With those benchmarks, on what planet is Jack Grealish worth £40m?

We stayed up, we don't need to sell him, he's got a lot left on this contract, and you'd like to think the player won't be pushing for a move. We are in a strong selling position

I agree we will probably be asking for that, I just don’t think we will ever get it. He’s going to go regardless imo so I just hope we can get the best price possible, maybe 50 is more realistic.

38 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

ive read alot of that thread lol, the got over 120 pages on him...............i will say though alot of utd fans really like him and think he will become a starter but there are a few who wouldnt pay more than 40 for a squad player 😂

Â