The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

£1 billion... with add ons... and setting fire to Tottenhams stadium...

or GTFO

If Spurs want him then I want Levy to drop his trousers and do the YMCA dance online, and then pay over the odds, cutting Onomah's head off in an ISIS styley reenactment. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Listen to his interviews and you realise just how much of a positive influence Smith has on him. Why give that up? 

Give him a massive new contract and get some good quality in and prove the ambition. 

He’s under contract for several more years without a release clause if we keep ourselves in the league. There’s no reason to sell.

Noticed when he scored he rang straight to Hourihane  to celebrate and the dressing "Sweet Caroline" video has him linked arms with Hourihane as well

seems to have a good friendship with him  , maybe Hourihane has also been a good influence on him in some way ?

Edited by tonyh29

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Noticed when he scored he rang straight to Hourihane  to celebrate and the dressing "Sweet Caroline" video has him linked arms with Hourihane as well

seems to have a good friendship with him  , maybe Hourihane has also been a good influence on him in some way ?

Hourihane basically said he should leave and that he was too good to be playing at our current level. He said he has a decision to make. This was before the restart I believe.

I saw on twitter (well known oracle of truth) Maddison has just been given a new contract on 110k/week. That means we've got to be offering at least that to Jack. 

4 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Palace wanted £80m for Zaha and got another season out of him.. we should absolutely hold out for that type of fee. 

Zaha has had a rotten season since and has said he wants out of Palace. I doubt they could ask for 80 million now

19 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If Spurs want him then I want Levy to drop his trousers and do the YMCA dance online, and then pay over the odds, cutting Onomah's head off in an ISIS styley reenactment. 

I know your prediction about staying up went well, but this one is a little too far lol :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cant see the owners accepting anywhere close to 60m.  We have too many cards now.  Yes Jack may want to leave but that is still unknown but on our side we have 3 years left on his contract, we are in the Premier League and we have rich, savvy owners who want to grow the club.

10 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

He needs to stay.

It's all well and good getting 60 million for him but based on the crap we have signed this season i don't trust the club to spend the money wisely.

We have done quite well considering the circumstances, it’s taken time for players to settle, but we have looked much more positive recently. Targett, Mings, Luiz, Trezeguet, Guilbert have all put in good performances. Only a few have let us down.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Zaha has had a rotten season since and has said he wants out of Palace. I doubt they could ask for 80 million now

but they were never going to build around him, he wants out because they have no ambition and going nowhere.  I think that maybe this is where we might be different but again that is unknown, the owners need to prove to him.

Plus why would the owners care what Jack wants now, he can complain all he likes (not that I think he will), they are business men, probably dont have that much interaction with Jack primarily because they are overseas.  They see their prize asset and just say "No" we arent selling, end of story.  You can put in a transfer request or moan all you like, you have three years left of your contract, you arent going anywhere (or somebody has to match our 100m valuation).  If not you arent going anywhere.

It's not as if the owners will get the daily flack from the opposition team, Jack or his agent....that will be Purslow and Smith.

Do you then keep an unhappy player? how unhappy would he really be then, I'm guessing sad but not that upset as he still playing at his boyhood club in the Premier League, captain and idolised by the fans and probably with a bigger pay packet if he plays nice.

I think if we'd gone he'd have been gone. Now I think there is no need. If massive ambition is shown from the owners in signings, bumper new deal etc... I still believe he will make his England debut as a Villa player. 

As he said it's "MY club". Why would you leave my/our club to now face off against us?! I think the question mark has now been answered. He didn't know but now he does. He knew he'd have to go but now knows he doesn't have to. That's how I see it. Our survival was ultimately going to decide his fate this summer. 

He is integral to everything we are as a club striving towards. He's the mascot, the badge, the history and connection between the club, players and fans.  You can't price that and I'm sure the owners are only to aware. He's become the English poster boy of the PL this year. You don't sell that type of asset off if your ambitious. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Realised they’ve also been playing together now for three and a half years - Hourihane has been here longer than I thought. 

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

James Collins (Sky reporter) has just said Man Utd. are looking at Grealish to "come in" and do a job when the likes of Pogba or Fernandes are mis-firing or injured.

The arrogance is unbelievable, you are a squad player to the likes of some of these teams Jack Grealish. Stay at Villa and continue to be loved and make an impact!

Either unstated or implied thats going to be the same wherever he goes. He has to have the belief in his own ability that he can push past those players and get in the first team. My own personal feeling is that he won't push for a move - but there might be an informal agreement that if a bid of £60m + (for example)  comes in he is allowed to talk to that club.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hippo said:

Is the debate as to whether he should play wide or in the middle over ? 

Wide - thats where he gets his goals and is more direct IMO.

I think we need to buy players where he doesn’t need to be coming back so deep. He should receive the ball higher up the pitch. 

luiz form has helped with that no end, but not enough on his own. 

he needs a mega left back behind him to give him confidence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

I saw on twitter (well known oracle of truth) Maddison has just been given a new contract on 110k/week. That means we've got to be offering at least that to Jack. 

That's true. The Athletic reported as well. Villa will need to surpass that if we were to offer Jack a new deal. Worth every penny though. 

• Like 1

Â