The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The dilemma for most other clubs is that no club values Jack as much as we do. Not just in material value, but in all other departments. There’s simply no reason to sell. Even if he wanted to leave, there’s no reason for sentimentality. Prove to Jack that this is the place to be. 

Agreed. And we can do that. We need to go out and spend 150m on 5/6 players this summer in order to match his ambition. 

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Pundits Are calling for him to show ambition is it not ambitious trying to take villa to the next level?

Yes that's true but Villa need to show ambition and get some quality players in the team to allow Jack to do what he does best.

The whole world and his dog will now be trying to engineer a move for Jack to one of the ‘big clubs’. It’s all we’ll hear about for weeks. Random pundits popping up to give their tuppence worth will get very annoying. But that’s football. A lot of people underestimate how much Villa means to him and his family, just as it’s possible that us Villa fans might overestimate it. 

I just hope that we keep him for another year at least. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We need to just keep conning him with "One more year" every season until we are Champs League. lol

It worked for me in Football Manager. Finally dropped his transfer request after becoming league champion and winning the europa league in my third season after handing in the request after the first season. Works a charm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

People questioned his celebrations in the palace game. Said 'hes definitely off' as a result. 

It was clear he knew the mammoth task. His celebration to his goal yesterday, his tweets and celebrations since. Are those of a man who is definitely off?? If someone wants to pay silly money, let them. If not, he stays and helps us progress up the league.

We've survived now, at least we've given him and other clubs a decision to make.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

I would rather him stay but can’t begrudge him a big move, if there is one on the cards anyway.

If we get 40 million plus and we add at least 20 million we can do some damage in the transfer window and could start next season stronger.

Jesus, thank God you're not running the club (I'd imagine that applies to everyone on here though). Palace wanted 80 million for Zaha last summer. I think we should be at least asking for that. However, my first choice would be replying to every transfer bid from a club with a video of Purslow wiping his ass with the paper that it is printed on.

• Like 2

All I can say it that each of the end of the last 3 seasons I was convinced he will be leaving, and he has stayed. He did come close in 2018 in our summer meltdown but I don't think he has ever publicly said he wants to leave unlike Zaha. So I will wait and see and ignore media comments as most of the time they have no idea what they are talking about.

We can guarantee another season in the Premier League to him. We now have to convince Jack of our ambition, to make sure that we are not fighting relegation next year and will be pushing on. That might be enough if none of the top 4 don't fancy paying a huge fee for a player who may or may not even be a first choice option for them.

Staying up is huge for the club for the fun and games which will follow. We will either get a much bigger fee for our best player, or he will probably sign a new contract and stay for another year. Win-wn.

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Jack's worst case scenario is staying where he is, at a club he loves, for about £100k less per month. NSWE can offset that if needs be - he'll stay.

Jacks worst case scenario is going to a club and sitting on a bench for the next couple of seasons or starts at another club and doesn’t perform great for the first six games and fans get on his back and he’s benched because they have other options and his career never kicks on.  He’s got the talent but it’s still a risk like when Torres went from Liverpool to Chelsea, doesn’t always work out.  How long has it taken Pogba to settle.

• Like 1

I love his latest social media posts, there is just absolutely NO denying his love for this great club.

I still think he will leave unfortunately, but if he does, he goes with my blessing. 

He led us to promotion as skipper and now scored the goal and pretty much carried us for the majority of the season and kept us in the league.

Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love it if he stayed another season but I fully understand if he wants to play Champions League football and a real chance to win major honours.

Staying up as definitely given us a better chance of keeping him that's for sure and also gives us much better bargaining power.

In an ideal world before he potentially departs, we splash the cash on some real quality signings - a winger and a striker - and let's see if the owners ambitions match that of Jack's.

Two final things, I would be extremely disappointed if we didn't get at least £80 million and I think we need not one, but two or three players to fill the void if he is to leave.

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Jacks worst case scenario is going to a club and sitting on a bench for the next couple of seasons or starts at another club and doesn’t perform great for the first six games and fans get on his back and he’s benched because they have other options and his career never kicks on.  He’s got the talent but it’s still a risk like when Torres went from Liverpool to Chelsea, doesn’t always work out.  How long has it taken Pogba to settle.

Like.

Big risk if he moves - he seems comfortable here.

Interesting that Maddison has just signed a new long term deal. I feel the club should be saying to Jack, look at Maddison we want to give you the support he;s got so you can truly shine here. 

Edited by villaglint

44 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Jesus, thank God you're not running the club (I'd imagine that applies to everyone on here though). Palace wanted 80 million for Zaha last summer. I think we should be at least asking for that. However, my first choice would be replying to every transfer bid from a club with a video of Purslow wiping his ass with the paper that it is printed on.

For me, we demand no less than £100 million. We literally have no reason to sell him so if nobody can pay us what we think he's worth then they can do one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

The value other teams and pundits give to him...50 -60 million is his value as a footballer. The value we put on him is that, plus what he means to the club, the fans, our future etc. One billion or GTFO.

£1 billion... with add ons... and setting fire to Tottenhams stadium...

or GTFO

• Like 1

Â