The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 25/07/2020 at 22:31, Tomaszk said:

This could be it then Jack.

Give us something special will you.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, romavillan said:

I literally cannot **** believe that only a couple of hours after we have retained our PL status and have now our best chance of keeping Jack and building a team around him some people would choose to write something like that.

Why non-villa fans spend their time on this site I do not know. What's great is they've popped up in a couple of cracking seasons of success.

What a colossal waste of time for them :flag:

• Like 1

I would rather him stay but can’t begrudge him a big move, if there is one on the cards anyway.

If we get 40 million plus and we add at least 20 million we can do some damage in the transfer window and could start next season stronger.

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If we sold him now, what's his worth? We're a Premier League club, he has a few years left on his contract... £80m?

Right answer. At least. Nobody does what he does. 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im hoping that with some real quality signings where he knows we dont have to rely on him every week he might stay. But if united will CL foorball come calling he will go.

Probs wrong, but he did not get a send off - his last game at VP was artificial - I do naively believe that this will be a factor. 

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

I would rather him stay but can’t begrudge him a big move, if there is one on the cards anyway.

If we get 40 million plus and we add at least 20 million we can do some damage in the transfer window and could start next season stronger.

40 million, that's insulting and I hate this wouldn't begrudge him a big move talk from some supporters. Not snapping at you Dan but he is worth at least double that and if he loves this club as much as he obviously does then I'm sure he would rather be remembered as Villa's greatest ever player then for winning some trophies at some other meaningless club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, blunther said:

He ain't going nowhere lads. Time to kick on. Stick a couple of decent wingers and a striker that can score into this team and Jack'll have 20 assists a year and we'll be pushing for Europe (if we can sort the keeper situation out). An extra year under the belt will do wonders for some of our younger players like Konsa and Luiz.

Listen to his interviews and you realise just how much of a positive influence Smith has on him. Why give that up? 

Give him a massive new contract and get some good quality in and prove the ambition. 

He’s under contract for several more years without a release clause if we keep ourselves in the league. There’s no reason to sell.

• Like 2

It’s going to take a lot for him to stay. They’re going to need to sit him down and offer him a contract worth at least 150k a week I’d imagine and promise him improvement in other areas of the squad. 

If he leaves then he’ll still be a legend.

What a player. 

I absolutely love the way he glides with the ball. That’ll never grow old! I think we can get one more season from him. 

He has a fantastic relationship with Smith and Terry, which may play a part in him staying for another season. Also, as other have mentioned he is desperate to play for England and at the Euros next summer, so may be best served sticking around with us for a bit yet. 

The ‘MY Club’ tweet is surely a sign?! 

Another point that I havnt seen raised here is this supposed relaxing of ffp this year. Would the owners want to sell this year?

If hes sold next summer suddenly we have an 80m plus in the ffp calculations.

That combined with the euros being put back to the end of the season could help keep him here for another 12 months hopefully!

The dilemma for most other clubs is that no club values Jack as much as we do. Not just in material value, but in all other departments. There’s simply no reason to sell. Even if he wanted to leave, there’s no reason for sentimentality. Prove to Jack that this is the place to be. 

• Like 4

Â