The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I've watched a hell of a lot of other teams since the restart and I have to say, none of them have a player who receives the ball and turns immediately onto the front foot like Jack - let alone the fouls he draws. This guy to a top team is gold dust - records will be broken for his signing.  

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I've watched a hell of a lot of other teams since the restart and I have to say, none of them have a player who receives the ball and turns immediately onto the front foot like Jack - let alone the fouls he draws. This guy to a top team is gold dust - records will be broken for his signing.  

Personally I hope record fees will be offered and he turns them down, just like this lad:

Francesco_Totti_-_AS_Roma_1996-97.jpg&f=

Who, incidentally recently won the Italian 8 a side tournament by beating Lazio in the final. 

A claret and blue version of that would be the most perfect thing ever.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Still being positive I see.

If we get the recruitment right he is replaceable.

Look at Liverpool after they sold Coutinho. They actually became a better team because of fantastic recruitment.

the best player for Villa i have ever seen.

The one positive, is that if he does leave, at least we arent relegated and it wont be "stripping Villa's assets".

If he does leave, best of luck to him, but now we can command top dollar for him, if he does end up leaving.

would prefer it if he stayed though, and we built the team around him and Luiz :P

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There is a video on lansburys insta with grealish with grealish screaming aston villaaaaaa

That’s cos he loves Villa, if NSWE can convince him we’re serious about competing, and now we don’t have to sell him, then he doesn’t have to leave. He can still make the England squad playing for us, he might just have to wait for European football. One more year to see where we’re at might appeal to him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If we get the recruitment right he is replaceable.

Look at Liverpool after they sold Coutinho. They actually became a better team because of fantastic recruitment.

Well done Liverpool for that, I don’t care.  Teams generally don’t get better if they sell their best players.  We don’t need to sell Jack, we have rich owners and FFP has been relaxed this summer.  Keep him and build around him.  He has 3 years left, is a Villa fan and we can say no and that’s easier if we show him our ambition 

Offer him 100k a week, and tell him we are prepared to spend 200m in the transfer window.

Give us another season and see how it works out for us. He's an unbelievable player and I really hope it's not the last time I've seen him in a Villa shirt.

At some point there has to be a shift in the philosophy of the club from being a selling club, from being a club buying average players to being a club buying quality players, keeping quality players and competing at the highest level... let this be now.

I a lot of people in this thread, Jack is the best player I have seen play for the club.

• Like 1

Could be a chance he stays now. I was convinced he would go. I guess it depends on who we sign and how serious we are about moving up the table

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Would love to see him stay but still think he’s crazy if he does. Get big money for him and reinvest every penny.  If he does decide to stay even better! 

Not all down to him though is it? If somebody doesn’t fork up the money, our owners won’t let him go cheap.  They may even say no now.  Zaha is an example of that.  With a quick change into next season there isn’t much time to complain either.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Not all down to him though is it? If somebody doesn’t fork up the money, our owners won’t let him go cheap.  They may even say no now.  Zaha is an example of that.  With a quick change into next season there isn’t much time to complain either.

Yeah that’s true, the money has to be right.  On that basis good chance we have him for another season at least. Agree Zaha good example. 

Â