The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

24 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

If it is to be his last game for us, let’s hope it’s the best one he’s ever had and it keeps us up

Here's hoping he's not being all John Terry and want's to avoid having to play against his beloved club next season and sends us down just to make sure :D 

I think he’s gone no matter what the outcome. But it’s normal, there’s no team in the world apart from maybe Real Madrid and Barcelona that haven’t at one stage lost a player to a bigger club.

It’s not like Southgate joining Middlesbrough because they apparently had more ambition.  We’re talking about one of the best players we’d had in a very long and one that can and needs to be playing at the highest level. The most important thing is getting good money for him and reinvesting it.  When he leaves I personally hopes he goes to City. Would love to see how he played in that team.

There’s life beyond Jack.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, av1 said:

I've never really been interested in post match interviews so didn't see it live. But after reading all the 'jacks just basically confirmed he's leaving' posts I went back and watched it, and I didn't take anything from it at all. 

Just sounded to me like the standard media trained '1 match at a time' response. 

I always thought he'd stay for one more....mainly for no better reason than I think nobody will stump up 80m.  Not because he's not worth it but because the teams that can have options elsewhere with Man U still intent on Sancho, Man City already have Foden and co, Liverpool I'm not sure if they are interested, Chelsea have just brought Ziyach, Werner and already have Mount, Pulisic and co.  Just might be bad timing for Jack.  Another year with us, another proof of his abilities then more options next year and he's still young.

The strong rumours he'd already agreed the switch to Man U around the time of the lockdown I initially ignored but I got some people I respect saying they had heard similar things from the people they know.  Still chinese whispers so I basically ignore but did start to question and then the interview the other day I think I took more from it than you but understand the '1 match at a time' response.

Who knows.  To be honest all I care about at the moment is staying up.  I dont want to lose Jack at all because we should be building around him and Luiz but if he does go and we get a great fee then so be it, we move on and upwards.

45 minutes ago, av1 said:

Agree mate.

Their "bad decisions" are 90mins away from getting a team promoted at the first attempt and surviving the first PL season. 

If they have made so many bad decisions I can't wait till they start making good ones 👍

Agree.  So many things that we have done right and we are coming from 10 years of poor management of the club.  To be in this position is great and if we stay up we can progress more.

Sometimes we also forget there are two teams playing each game, of which most of the time the opposition team is a lot better than us.  Sometimes it's not that we have played badly but we have been outmatched.  Other times we played really well, out thought and outmatched our opponents tactically and desire and beat Arsenal.  In saying that if Arsenal were in top gear with the talent they had and everything was going for them they would've blew us away.  We did everything we could do in the circumstances and it was enough and I was so proud of the boys.

Today we have to do the same.  West Ham arent Arsenal but they have some good talent and Antonio is on form but if we go in with the same attitude, awareness and team togetherness then thats all we can ask for and I think that would be enough for us to get a result today.

If we survive today I think it has been a great achievement.

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Agree.  So many things that we have done right and we are coming from 10 years of poor management of the club.  To be in this position is great and if we stay up we can progress more.

Sometimes we also forget there are two teams playing each game, of which most of the time the opposition team is a lot better than us.  Sometimes it's not that we have played badly but we have been outmatched.  Other times we played really well, out thought and outmatched our opponents tactically and desire and beat Arsenal.  In saying that if Arsenal were in top gear with the talent they had and everything was going for them they would've blew us away.  We did everything we could do in the circumstances and it was enough and I was so proud of the boys.

Today we have to do the same.  West Ham arent Arsenal but they have some good talent and Antonio is on form but if we go in with the same attitude, awareness and team togetherness then thats all we can ask for and I think that would be enough for us to get a result today.

If we survive today I think it has been a great achievement.

Absolutely mate. We all knew it was going to be tough and so it's proved. To have our fate somewhat in our own hands going into the last game of the season is a very good effort.

If we manage to stay up, after the upheaval of the summer, it will be amazing. 

1 minute ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Agree that he is gone whatever the outcome - but staying in the league gives us way more leverage on the up front price plus add ones.

Easily could be a 10mm difference here.

Depending on your branch of engineering, 10mm is a very small tolerance 🤣

If we stay up we can start putting a team around him that can win things. I don't see why he has to leave yet in that scenario.

Maybe the team that wants him are yet to secure Champions League? Only Liverpool or Man City are winning the league for the next few years.

I personally think he will leave. I have no faith in players feeling truly connected to clubs anymore. I have no doubt he loves Villa but its his career and we can't claim to be in a position to realise his dreams yet even if we stay up and plough 250m into the squad.

Life will go on. Maybe he comes back when we're stronger.

Stay or leave I hope it's decided as early as possible after this season ends.

Obviously I want him to stay and us to stay up but that's a given.

The sooner we know the sooner we can start planning for next season. If this drags on we'll be in a less than ideal position.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Has something happened on this that I've missed? Because most seem to be assuming today will be his last game for us even if we stay up.

I'll happily bet my left bollock it is!

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he’s gone no matter what the outcome. But it’s normal, there’s no team in the world apart from maybe Real Madrid and Barcelona that haven’t at one stage lost a player to a bigger club.

It’s not like Southgate joining Middlesbrough because they apparently had more ambition.  We’re talking about one of the best players we’d had in a very long and one that can and needs to be playing at the highest level. The most important thing is getting good money for him and reinvesting it.  When he leaves I personally hopes he goes to City. Would love to see how he played in that team.

There’s life beyond Jack.

I just wish we could match his ambitions so that we could keep him for at least another season

58 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I always thought he'd stay for one more....mainly for no better reason than I think nobody will stump up 80m.  Not because he's not worth it but because the teams that can have options elsewhere with Man U still intent on Sancho, Man City already have Foden and co, Liverpool I'm not sure if they are interested, Chelsea have just brought Ziyach, Werner and already have Mount, Pulisic and co.  Just might be bad timing for Jack.  Another year with us, another proof of his abilities then more options next year and he's still young.

The strong rumours he'd already agreed the switch to Man U around the time of the lockdown I initially ignored but I got some people I respect saying they had heard similar things from the people they know.  Still chinese whispers so I basically ignore but did start to question and then the interview the other day I think I took more from it than you but understand the '1 match at a time' response.

Who knows.  To be honest all I care about at the moment is staying up.  I dont want to lose Jack at all because we should be building around him and Luiz but if he does go and we get a great fee then so be it, we move on and upwards.

Just think about this. Why would we agree to sell Jack in secret before the season is already over? Surely we would wait until the end of the season to see where we are but also to generate some competition. We are not secretly selling a prize asset to anyone mid season. I am confident he will be a Villa player next season if we stay up. If not we will only sell at the right price. 

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Just think about this. Why would we agree to sell Jack in secret before the season is already over? Surely we would wait until the end of the season to see where we are but also to generate some competition. We are not secretly selling a prize asset to anyone mid season. I am confident he will be a Villa player next season if we stay up. If not we will only sell at the right price. 

I still believe he’ll be here next season.  As for your other part, many deals start negotiating well before the season closes, to what level they reach is unique to each deal.  Some we hear about like Ziyech for Chelsea and some we don’t.

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Has something happened on this that I've missed? Because most seem to be assuming today will be his last game for us even if we stay up.

See that's the sanity playing deep with people around here, it's not even considered close to a safe level that a Psychiatrist would run off and wouldnt touch anyone's post saying Jacks played his last game for us this season.

Â