The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Why do you think that? Not saying you’re wrong but last season we needed quantity because how thin our squad was.  This season we can add quality.  I would be surprised if our recruitment was the same as last season.

By type I mean those so called bargains with potential, I've seen the so called Dortmund model mentioned so many times issue is we don't have a recruitment team anywhere near as competent as Dortmund. If most of us are honest we were straight on google as each of last summers signings were announced apart from the loans we bought.

Most sane people agree we should have brought at least a couple of experienced PL players last summer, I think if we'd brought in a Cahill or a Ings this season may have looked a whole lot different.

We'll see I suppose, but can't see the club buying anyone that will make Jack have second thoughts.

35 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Most sane people agree we should have brought at least a couple of experienced PL players last summer,

Not good mentioning sane around here, there is none amongst us all.

• Haha 2

This may well be Super Jack’s last game in claret and blue, if that is to be (I still hold feint hope it won’t be), then let this be the game where Jack turns on the style and performs like we all know he can. Win us this one Jack and we’ll be forever grateful. 

8 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Most sane people agree we should have brought at least a couple of experienced PL players last summer, I think if we'd brought in a Cahill or a Ings this season may have looked a whole lot different.

I take offence to this, one of my personalities is sane 😉😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Has something happened on this that I've missed? Because most seem to be assuming today will be his last game for us even if we stay up.

I think his reaction and response to the question of whether he was leaving after we played the Arsenal game has tilted most to thinking he is leaving

23 hours ago, nick76 said:

Promotion, cup final and a strong chance of survival with the 3rd best team promoted.  Yeah they are making bad decisions 🤣🤣🤣

This. 

23 hours ago, Rolta said:

Saved us from administration, invested hundreds of millions, plan to invest more.

There's just no point.

And this. 

How anyone can unhappy with the owners is beyond me, it really is. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I think his reaction and response to the question of whether he was leaving after we played the Arsenal game has tilted most to thinking he is leaving

I've never really been interested in post match interviews so didn't see it live. But after reading all the 'jacks just basically confirmed he's leaving' posts I went back and watched it, and I didn't take anything from it at all. 

Just sounded to me like the standard media trained '1 match at a time' response. 

Perhaps the claret and blue glasses talking but I think there’s a decent chance he’ll stay if we stay up.

I think it’ll be contingent on the promise of more investment and leave next season if we don’t improve. He’s Villa through and through and only really played for us when we’re shit, if it looks like we’re on the up and he’ll be at the centre of it that’s a huge reason to stay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think there is a certain percentage of people who can't see past 'lose games = bad, sack everyone'.  

Agree mate.

Their "bad decisions" are 90mins away from getting a team promoted at the first attempt and surviving the first PL season. 

If they have made so many bad decisions I can't wait till they start making good ones 👍

5 minutes ago, penguin said:

Perhaps the claret and blue glasses talking but I think there’s a decent chance he’ll stay if we stay up.

I think it’ll be contingent on the promise of more investment and leave next season if we don’t improve. He’s Villa through and through and only really played for us when we’re shit, if it looks like we’re on the up and he’ll be at the centre of it that’s a huge reason to stay.

If we stay up then it's up to us to accept or reject a bid.  What Jack wants really doesn't matter until we accept.  If we say no and offer him a big pay rise then I doubt he would kick up a fuss. 

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

If we stay up, you’d imagine the owners might get on the phone to him and talk about their plans for the future and the investment they hopefully make.

It may be cheaper to just educate themselves on the real reasons that Mr Liverpool turned down Chelsea to stay at Anfield 🤣 

Â