The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Good man Kev I was at the game today jack played most of second half looked class.Great to see him playing for ireland and playing well. Some real quality attacking players around him. Why would he want to play for anyone other than Ireland certainly looked like he loved the Irish spirit today. Come on Jack villa and Ireland legend.Send on our congratulations to Jack Top man Kev

• 1 month later...
I look forward to seeing him play.

Who is he like?

I'd say Adam Johnson is a good comparison but Grealish has far more technical ability

Isn't that Gareth Bale then?

Grealish is a jinky winger, he's small for his age

well the fact he is short might be part of the reason he is so good. There's clearly a correlation between short height and good dribbling imo. Maradona, Messi, SWP, Lennon, Juninho, Zola

Top man Sir Gary. He was outstanding for the irish under 17s in our qualifying group outstanding technique nice change of pace, incisive passing and cracking finish for the goal. Lots of strikes on goal which is nice to see from a winger. He is very light which is understandable. Hopefully he gets run for first team before season over

I saw grealish and graham play for ireland under 15s about 18 months ago. Graham scored 2 and grealish created 4 goals. Graham looked physically stronger and much more powerful than grealish and faster over 10 yards. Grealish looked really light and weak losing out on all physical battles. Grealish had an excellent turn of pace to beat a man and make a yard to cross. Grealishs crossing was sensational. Grealish looked a better more incisive passer and crosser than graham on the day and seemed technically better constantly getting his head up when he received the ball. Graham seemed more direct and combined good skill and trickery with a physical presence to out muscle players which Grealish did not seem capable of.

Overall on the day they both seemed excellent players and I was gutted when Graham did not stick with us. On the day I would have said that Graham was the one most likely to play first team football for villa at a young age. You could see Graham been physically able for the premiership and direct in possesion to frighten defences. It was hard to imagine that Grealish and Graham were the same age given how weak and light Grealish was. I would say you could think of graham been similiar to Robben powerful,fast and direct and Grealish been more of a a Silva type back in the day when silva played out wide for valencia. I have seen Grealish a few times since and while he has got taller he is still very weak but is techically super. You need to be exceptional in the premiership if you lack a physical presence but i really think Grealish can do just that. Graham has the advantage of a physical presence that may make elevation to the premiership easier. I wonder what other people like sir Gary think?

Graham would be ahead of Grealish at the moment as he is a regular starter for the U18s while Grealish is just starting to get in the team.

Both players are potentially first team starters in the future and everyone who watches them regularly are excited by their natural ability. Unfortunately many great prospects end up playing lower division or non league so nobody can say for sure how far they will go.

Luke Moore was without doubt the best and most sought after player in his age group (as a schooboy probably better rated than Rooney, who was a year older) so while remaining optomistic lets not count our chickens for a while yet.

Â