The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 hours ago, NIVillan said:

This reminds me of selling Platty.

We had a shit poor season where we just beat relegation by a whisker.  Big Ron was brought in to much fanfare and we all felt that He and platty as captain was the future of the Villa Team.

Instead we recieved a massive at the time offer for Platty, and Big Ron decided to sell him but then used that money to rebuild the team.  What was it 13 odd players in that summer?  Some worked (Regis, Staunton, Atkinson), some didnt (Mortimer) but it took us back up to 6th.  Following season added Saunders and we had one of the best seasons we have had for standard of football.

Maybe selling Grealish might be the best thing for Villa and allow other players to shine.  Everything goes through him at the moment, just like COwans pass for platty to run on was a standard move back then. 

It could be good, if we have the staff to buy wisely.......i am yet to be convinced.

I think it is our single biggest problem, facing the club.

I cringe when we are in the transfer market......like waiting for a bomb to go off.

• Haha 1

I notice the media are all over his "Dive" v Palace for a Pen which was later reversed by VAR and are calling out the FA even for not retrospectively banning him.

Yet we had a similar incident against Man Utd where the penno was given & not reversed by VAR and nobody whatsoever has mentioned banning the Man U player. even though the Premier league came out & apologized for a clear mistake.

Typical Media Bias.

It appears the fact Grealish was in a way taking the mick out of the Man U decision in that incident appears to have completely been lost on them.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

7 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I notice the media are all over his "Dive" v Palace for a Pen which was later reversed by VAR and are calling out the FA even for not retrospectively banning him.

Yet we had a similar incident against Man Utd where the penno was given & not reversed by VAR and nobody whatsoever has mentioned banning the Man U player. even though the Premier league cam out & apologized for a clear mistake. (N

Typical Media Bias.

It appears the fact Grealish was in a way taking the mick out of the Man U decision in that incident appears to have completely been lost on them.

I'm not sure you can seriously be suggesting that Grealish was taking the mick out of the decision in the United game. He was attempting to win a penalty and deserved a yellow card. Its frustrating as he is a player who likes to win free kicks and being caught diving isn't going to help him in future matches.

I don't remember what happened after the decision was overturned, I assume a free kick was given to Palace for Jack treading on the defender's foot rather than diving as he didnt get booked?  I assume you technically can't punish someone for two offences in the same incident.

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

I'm not sure you can seriously be suggesting that Grealish was taking the mick out of the decision in the United game. He was attempting to win a penalty and deserved a yellow card. Its frustrating as he is a player who likes to win free kicks and being caught diving isn't going to help him in future matches.

Well judging by his comments after it where he actually referenced the Utd incident then i reckon he was in a way making a point about the the week before yes. Still not condoning it by any means of course just that it was interesting the difference in reaction to Grealish as opposed to the one we got against us in the Utd game. It's almost like if you play for a Sky 4 team it's acceptable to dive but how dare Grealish do it and not be instantly banned.

His dive was funny tbh, still got a lot to learn , He should just go down and his team mates should do the appealing. There was no contact at all with the man u foul , pure theatre . 

Feel guilty for wanting more but there hasn't been a single moment of magic post lockdown. Should we expect more from our star player? He's not even hitting the target right now.

I'm sure he feels he should be doing way better though. I think if we have any chance of staying up now we need him back on the top of his game 

Still I think he has even poor since restart, ok he was effective against a Palace team already on the beach.

For me he holds onto the ball to long even though he should by now have realised two opposing players close him down quickly.

I don't know why he has been so ineffective since the restart but it has cost us!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Perhaps the burden is too heavy on his shoulders. He doesn't look to be happy on the pitch and enjoy playing like he normally does, normally there is a spark about him, now it looks like he is carrying the world on his back. Other need to step up and shoulder some responsibility. 

Or he could act like a captain and suck it up? 
I could hear a lot of shouting during that match from Ty but nothing from Jack

Â