The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

This reminds me of selling Platty.

We had a shit poor season where we just beat relegation by a whisker.  Big Ron was brought in to much fanfare and we all felt that He and platty as captain was the future of the Villa Team.

Instead we recieved a massive at the time offer for Platty, and Big Ron decided to sell him but then used that money to rebuild the team.  What was it 13 odd players in that summer?  Some worked (Regis, Staunton, Atkinson), some didnt (Mortimer) but it took us back up to 6th.  Following season added Saunders and we had one of the best seasons we have had for standard of football.

Maybe selling Grealish might be the best thing for Villa and allow other players to shine.  Everything goes through him at the moment, just like COwans pass for platty to run on was a standard move back then. 

1 minute ago, NIVillan said:

This reminds me of selling Platty.

We had a shit poor season where we just beat relegation by a whisker.  Big Ron was brought in to much fanfare and we all felt that He and platty as captain was the future of the Villa Team.

Instead we recieved a massive at the time offer for Platty, and Big Ron decided to sell him but then used that money to rebuild the team.  What was it 13 odd players in that summer?  Some worked (Regis, Staunton, Atkinson), some didnt (Mortimer) but it took us back up to 6th.  Following season added Saunders and we had one of the best seasons we have had for standard of football.

Maybe selling Grealish might be the best thing for Villa and allow other players to shine.  Everything goes through him at the moment, just like COwans pass for platty to run on was a standard move back then. 

If Suso leaves I'm interested.

Why waste more money giving it to his agent friends?

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

As much as I’d like to hope we get to keep him, I think any top coach out there would see his potential and fancy that they could iron out his faults. A couple of months with Pep for example would see Jack’s decision making improve. His stock hasn’t fallen that far, but I’d expect some low offers to begin with if we go down. It will probably be one of those long drawn out transfer sagas. 

I’d just love for our owners to say £150m or **** off!

The problem is there in a nutshell for me though, if our owners valuation is 80m and no less based on the rumours we've heard then is a manager/coach/club want to pay 80m for potential?

If Jack was to get no better, is he worth 80m...probably not but Jack is worth 80m because he seems to have much more in the tank over the coming years.  80m is a huge investment for a player that is excellent now but not currently worth 80m but if all goes well will be worth that and much more.  Just which club/coach is willing to take that risk compared to the other options out there which there are across europe with the likes of Sancho and Havertz to name a few.

Rumours suggest a deal has already been done by Man Utd so the next month or so will be interesting to see.  If not then with only a few likely teams in that range of spending big fees especially on potential it seems to me that it's 50/50 that he might stay.

Edited by nick76

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The problem is there in a nutshell for me though, if our owners valuation is 80m and no less based on the rumours we've heard then is a manager/coach/club want to pay 80m for potential?

If Jack was to get no better, is he worth 80m...probably not but Jack is worth 80m because he seems to have much more in the tank over the coming years.  80m is a huge investment for a player that is excellent now but not currently worth 80m but if all goes well will be worth that and much more.  Just which club/coach is willing to take that risk compared to the other options out there which there are across europe with the likes of Sancho and Havertz to name a few.

Rumours suggest a deal has already been done by Man Utd so the next month or so will be interesting to see.  If not then with only a few likely teams in that range of spending big fees especially on potential it seems to me that it's 50/50 that he might stay.

So he is worth 80 million,  isn't,  is, isn't, is, Bwoy you need to make your flipping mind up.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So he is worth 80 million,  isn't,  is, isn't, is, Bwoy you need to make your flipping mind up.

Like a Boris statement on new lockdown measures....😂

• Haha 2

i don't think we are going to get the price we want for jack, we are better off bringing our price down slightly and put in clauses were we might receive more on appearances or caps or certain targets which he will obviously hit

Edited by Villa94

3 hours ago, Villa94 said:

i don't think we are going to get the price we want for jack, we are better off bringing our price down slightly and put in clauses were we might receive more on appearances or caps or certain targets which he will obviously hit

Sure, instead of 80m we’ll accept 79.5m plus up to 20m appearances fee and 50% sell on clause......sorted 😉

Maybe this and maybe that, who knows?

But do we need to sell him, do we want to? I'd imagine the club view Grealish as integral whether we stay up, or go down.

If that is the situation I would think the price is the price. How many years does he have left on the new contract he signed?

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Maybe this and maybe that, who knows?

But do we need to sell him, do we want to? I'd imagine the club view Grealish as integral whether we stay up, or go down.

If that is the situation I would think the price is the price. How many years does he have left on the new contract he signed?

so how much? its not a hard question 🙄

19 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

so how much does everyone think the transfer fee will be..............genuinely ???? 🤔 

i think it will be £50m with add ons

I definitely don’t think it will be that low upfront.  I think it’ll be 70m plus add ons.  We have no incentive to sell, we have 3 years left on his contract and rich owners.  He can be as disgruntled as he wants we aren’t going to get taken advantage of.  We hold most of the cards in this situation.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

well dont comment on it then smart ass its just a bit of fun guessing and speculating a transfer fee........🤷🏻

Gee fella who pissed in your cornflakes this morning, lighten up! 😘

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I definitely don’t think it will be that low upfront.  I think it’ll be 70m plus add ons.  We have no incentive to sell, we have 3 years left on his contract and rich owners.  He can be as disgruntled as he wants we aren’t going to get taken advantage of.  We hold most of the cards in this situation.

I think you will find that the players always ' hold all the cards'. Contracts mean nothing these days, if a player wants to move then he will go. Players that want a move simply stop trying and the club is forced to sell before team moral is ruined and the players value drops, sad but true.

VLD.

1 minute ago, Graham t said:

I think you will find that the players always ' hold all the cards'. Contracts mean nothing these days, if a player wants to move then he will go. Players that want a move simply stop trying and the club is forced to sell before team moral is ruined and the players value drops, sad but true.

VLD.

Yorke being the perfect example

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Graham t said:

VLD.

Zaha proves that’s not true.  Jack won’t push too far because he’s still a Villa fan.  You may be right but no way will the owners drop from 80m to 50m, just not going to happen.  Players hold some big cards but even then there some limits and we hold big cards as I previously said.

Most of what you say is when the fee is close to what we want like the Yorke situation and not when valuations are completely different.  so if Man U get close to what we want which is, as per rumours 80m, then something like 70m+ will get them the player but no way at 50m + extras.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

Â