The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Grealish to Man City £75m and we get to keep Luiz. That'll do for me  - he is going somewhere anyway.

Now ffp has effectively been kicked to touch, we may as well call it £100m. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This image really freaked me out on Sunday. Trez scores a hugely important goal at a critical time in a massively important game, runs off to celebrate and our captain just looked like he wasn't bothered either way. Roll the clock back a few months and Jack would have been all over the celebrations like an excited schoolkid.

I may be reading too much into it but found it a bit worrying tbh !

trez-goal-grealish.jpg

8 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

This image really freaked me out on Sunday. Trez scores a hugely important goal at a critical time in a massively important game, runs off to celebrate and our captain just looked like he wasn't bothered either way. Roll the clock back a few months and Jack would have been all over the celebrations like an excited schoolkid.

trez-goal-grealish.jpg

I said at the time he just seemed confused about who scored 😂

Though as i learned this season what's the point of celebrating when VAR might cancel it for something stupid

I was saying it in the game. I'm not sure why Jack isn't making more noise. He looks troubled, but he needs to be raising the bar when it comes to passion. He's the captain. He's a fan. He should get it.

Pretty sure I remember him looking happy a moment afterwards though in the next bit of the celebration.

Edited by Rolta

He DID eventually give Trez a pat on the head but a few months back he'd have gone batshit crazy. Maybe he has just grown up and become some sort of dull, measured, mature type ready to join a dull, measured team !!!

I think he is so aware of the enormity of our job to get out of it that winning Sunday won't feel like a win. I think, if we win Thursday and go on to stay up... Let's see how he reacts then.

• Like 2

This is just a question.

if we go down and it looks likely we will....Jacks stock has already took a hit since lockdown, maybe any would be suitiors will want to play less than our valuation Or what they were originally willing to pay.

will that prompt us to keep him?

will Jacks form affect his attraction to clubs? And the fee be more difficult to agree

On 12/07/2020 at 23:08, Keyblade said:

1.5 million views. Fans of other teams are absolutely obsessed with him. They want to see him fail so bad.

That was just bluenoses from what I can tell. 

14 hours ago, Paul33 said:

trez-goal-grealish.jpg

He's probably glum because we're getting relegated.

15 hours ago, Paul33 said:

trez-goal-grealish.jpg

I thought about that at the time as well, I was actually waiting to see Jack coming into the picture jumping up on his sholders, but wasn't to be seen. A clap on the head later on.

13 hours ago, Paul33 said:

He DID eventually give Trez a pat on the head but a few months back he'd have gone batshit crazy. Maybe he has just grown up and become some sort of dull, measured, mature type ready to join a dull, measured team !!!

I think he's probably incredibly frustrated with who he has to play with to be honest.

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think he's probably incredibly frustrated with who he has to play with to be honest.

I wonder if it's like Christmas when you're a kid. Just 2 more sleeps til Christmas!

Just 3 more games til freedom....

Edited by Chindie

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I did see that goal and grealish not really looking to care.

Initially I was......annoyed at how little he seemed to care.

But then I thought....how many times this season have we taken the lead, got a life line, or got close to not imploding and throwing points away.........to then consistently imploding, conceding stupid goals, sometimes multiple stupid goals and ending up with no points.

With that in mind I can imagine a sane person thinking, "we are 1-0 up, really this doesn't mean sh*t right now, I will start celebrating when we are 2 or 3 up with 5 mins to go". (Or something similar)

The amount of leads we have thrown away would break even the strongest person tbh......the regularity of us imploding this season has been mind boggling.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Thought he was more like his usual self against Palace. It helped that Hourihane and Targett played most of the game with him as he has a good understanding with them.

However, we really need him to turn up for these last 3 games even if he is leaving. 

12 hours ago, TRO said:

This is just a question.

if we go down and it looks likely we will....Jacks stock has already took a hit since lockdown, maybe any would be suitiors will want to play less than our valuation Or what they were originally willing to pay.

will Jacks form affect his attraction to clubs? And the fee be more difficult to agree

As much as I’d like to hope we get to keep him, I think any top coach out there would see his potential and fancy that they could iron out his faults. A couple of months with Pep for example would see Jack’s decision making improve. His stock hasn’t fallen that far, but I’d expect some low offers to begin with if we go down. It will probably be one of those long drawn out transfer sagas. 

I’d just love for our owners to say £150m or **** off!

12 hours ago, TRO said:

This is just a question.

I suspect that any relegation dependant deal is already done, dusted, signed albeit in pencil. I'm sure he knows exactly where he is going if we drop. I'm more interested in seeing what happens if we stay up ..... word I've heard is that the club will not release him if we stay up and Jack knows that !

Â