The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

22 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Better than Merson? That's a huge statement tbh. Jack absolutely has the potential to be better than him, but so far he has had half a good season in the top tier, inconsistent in the championship until the drive to promotion.

Has looked amazing in patches this year. Merson was class for years and I still dream of the magic Man years. Absolutely love the Merse. Not quite sure that we can say with absolutely certainty that Jack is better than Merson

technically better than Merson I think. 

32 minutes ago, PaulC said:

technically better than Merson I think. 

Merson was more intelligent in his passing, Merse had the confidence to take shots when the chips were down you could count on him to pull a rabbit out the hat, Grealish carries the ball better and draws fouls where as merson kept on going regardless of being fouled, at the end of the day its very difficult to compare as the game is totally different now .

It wasn't a penalty, Grealish dived... But I don't think he was diving to try and win a penalty, he was standing on the Palace defender's foot so he was just diving to get off it, so well done to him for doing his best to avoid causing injury, and well spotted by the referee, which is why I think he avoided being booked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, useless said:

It wasn't a penalty, Grealish dived... But I don't think he was diving to try and win a penalty, he was standing on the Palace defender's foot so he was just diving to get off it, so well done to him for doing his best to avoid causing injury, and well spotted by the referee, which is why I think he avoided being booked.

Behave. Grealish went down holding his leg/ankle like he always does.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

An improved performance, but his double triple backflip was poor.

what was pleasing, is for once the team didn’t try to run everything through him. It meant we had other options on the pitch and avoided their (and everyone else’s) double marking. 

• Like 1

The clip doing the rounds on twitter looks bad. Real time it looked like a pen. It wasn’t a penalty but I also don’t think he dived. Fuming at the inconsistency too compared to the pen given against us on Thursday!

I've reviewd the incident again and he might have put his hands on his leg but it wasn't as if he was rolling around the floor, or appealing for a penalty, he stayed on the floor but I think that was just out of exasperation that after going on a good run it had come to nothing.

5 minutes ago, chappy said:

The clip doing the rounds on twitter looks bad. Real time it looked like a pen. It wasn’t a penalty but I also don’t think he dived. Fuming at the inconsistency too compared to the pen given against us on Thursday!

considering the ref who gave the Fernandes penalty was the same clearing in the woods in the VAR room today makes it more puzzling

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chappy said:

Personally real time I screamed at the tv, get up Jack. 

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I've reviewd the incident again and he might have put his hands on his leg but it wasn't as if he was rolling around the floor, or appealing for a penalty, he stayed on the floor but I think that was just out of exasperation that after going on a good run it had come to nothing.

He nearly did a back flip. If his leg was taken out where the tackle came from it would’ve taken his body the other way. He gets criticised by other teams for diving, and tonight unusually he lived up to his reputation. 

27 minutes ago, useless said:

You are Jack Grealish and I claim my five pounds.

Some of the posts you would swear he was the worst player on the pitch today. He was OK, made some quality passes but we had 4 or 5 better players today which is rare this season

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

1.5 million views. Fans of other teams are absolutely obsessed with him. They want to see him fail so bad.

He is incredibly hateable tbf  The socks, the hair, the antics, the constantly going to ground (notwithstanding that he has seven kinds of shit kicked out of him every game). It’s very easy to see why opposition fans want him to fail. 

Â