The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

This isn't a  "we're better off without him" post before anyone jumps down my neck, and I'll be absolutely gutted when he leaves, but Jack being so far ahead of anything else in the squad - I think creates it's own problems. 

You can see every single player on the pitch looking for Jack as soon as they receive the ball. It's painful to watch and so easy to defend against. 

To be clear again, I'm not blaming Jack for anything, but we need to start being a team instead of a 1 man show.

I remember,in a world cup final.The manager took off Baggio because the whole team depended on him too much and as far as I can remember,Italy played much better and won that final ( 1990 I think )

I thought he'd come back from the break raring to go, effectively having had a decent rest (from looking drained / losing heart with some pretty average performances pre-lockdown), and basically having got away with the lockdown issue as cleanly as he could have done (obviously speculating, but I imagine that could have been a whole lot worse had the circumstances behind the car crash fully come out, rather than being quietly managed away).  But he's looked laboured, like he knows the game is up, like he has no faith in his teammates any more (maybe fair!), and like he's conceded we've gone.  Which sadly, we now probably have.

I don't think he doesn't care at all....but that is how it's panned out.

There was a short spell towards the end of the Newcastle game where he looked unplayable, but other than that it's been a really disappointing return - and with short term sentiment weirdly meaning a lot, it's probably cost us a few £m and him potentially an England call up soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

I think that the reason Jack is playing so bad is because he has realised that his belovid Villa are going down and there is nothing he can do about it ( by himself )

In other words,he has given up and I cant blame him.It was Jack that got us promoted,it was Jack that was the best player in the whole squad.FFS, he is not superman.He has realised that he has done his best and without any other sort of help.Its not enough to keep us up.

No it wasnt Jack that just got us promoted, There were a good many players clicking together last season and Tammy was here also, right players together at right time.

I dont think it's because hes given up, I just think he had a very good spell and you and others alike think hes a god on the pitch and hes like anyone else that at anytime players just cant repeat there brilliant spells and go through patches.

I also think hes been found out, players at first didnt know how to deal with his way of play. They have learnt how to shut him down, not commit in one on ones and shut him down more easily by groups of two or three and not make stupid rash decisions on taking the ball from him that give him a foul. 

Edited by Dave-R

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

I'm inclined to agree. I think we'd be better off selling him and reinvesting the money into two quality players (assuming we get around 60mil) rather than over-relying and overworking him - it's too much pressure on just one player and he's not handling it. 

Yeah i agree with that. I think the assumption was trez wes and .McGinn would help grealish out but its failed massively.

Id rather build a great squad that may not have  a  one superstar but has quality so we dont have to rely on one player.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I think that's a bit of the problem, our stars doing to much social media posts, snaps and showing themselves off to much to the world for getting what's really important (football). It's almost as if being in the premier they think they are it now and dont have to fight to stay. Like some say theres a new haircut every week or some new gimmick to show off like it's all for the cameras and that's all they are fussed about.

Look at Mings last season he was doing none of this stuff on twitter or social media as he is now this season, he cant bloody keep his mouth shut lately and has to be involved in everything or be in the limelight somehow someway.

These stars of ours we seem to have hit the point where they think they are the bollox, like they are some high maintenance wife to keep,they are not and they need to come back to earth and realisethey are the bottom of the barrel in the premier.

Point blank they need to realise to shut up, go out there and play damn football and nothing more.

Cant agree more with this dave. Esp your point about mings in the limelight more like a hollywood star.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Point blank they need to realise to shut up, go out there and play damn football and nothing more.

That’s not going to happen, especially when the clubs whore the players out every chance they get

we are not shit because of social media and marketing opportunities, that’s just a part of modern football that people don’t get or like, the likes of jack and mings having a bigger brand than their footballing ability is what it is, grealish in particular is because villa have flogged him half to death over the years

21 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

No it wasnt Jack that just got us promoted

His role in our promotion was a hell of a lot bigger than his role in our relegation

the level of what have you done for me lately in here is mental but unfortunately not surprising

• Like 1

I remember,in a world cup final.The manager took off Baggio because the whole team depended on him too much and as far as I can remember,Italy played much better and won that final ( 1990 I think )

The 1990 final between Germany and Argentina?  Yeah Baggio had a stormer in that game.

• Haha 3

I think the notion that he's not trying is utter utter bollocks.

He's the only one out there who looks like he gives a shit.

Unfortunately he's surrounded by shit players, playing shit, under a shit manager. 
He's not Messi. He can't dribble it around whole teams and score. 

• Like 3

Baggio only played in one world cup final.

He played the whole game and missed the deciding penalty.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Unfortunately he's surrounded by shit players, playing shit, under a shit manager. 

I cant agree with this at all. I love Jack but thats nonsense. He has hardly looked like he's breaking his bollocks since the restart. Because he has been so great before he's getting a pass from a lot of people.

Plenty of players with far less ability putting in a bigger shift than him. Look at Trez he's muck but hes putting in a huge amount of work out on that pitch. Jack simply isnt doing that.

• Like 1

Don’t know what’s happened to him but obviously his head isn’t right at the moment. Let’s not forget how good he has been for 3/4 of the season though and if we do have a player of the season he still wins it hands down 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t know how you can’t see a difference in his performances since the restart.

I actually thought he might struggle without a crowd, more so at least than others but I’m not seeing what I’d hope to see from someone of his ability and standing as captain.

We have no leadership on the pitch and he’s meant to be the/a leader.

• Like 1

Â