The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Reaction in here is insane. What do you want Grealish to do? Skin half the defence? He's doubled up on every time, they are happy to surround him and let him pass it backwards.

He's trying too hard right now and he's playing awfully but what are his options? Pass it to Davis? Taylor? Everyone is awful and we have such little quality. We expect way too much from Grealish, you could replace him with Messi in the game today and you'd get the same replies in here 'That Messi kid, I don't see the fuss'. He looks injured/nackered too. You have to look at the bigger picture, he's off form but the replies here are embarrassing. 

You think he was trying hard? A captain of our football club smiling when we arr 3-0 down?? That's acceptable is it??

He dont care. More interested in his latest haircut or the next lockdown party he is going to attend.

He is a joke as a captain and should be stripped. Never see him oushing the players on trying to motivate them. 

Chester was a much better captain

• Like 4

6 hours ago, commander said:

his twattish actions and attitude during lockdown and his appalling performances post lock down,  coupled with the emergence of Foden, consistent performamces of Mount, Madison even Barkely might mean he never makes his England debut. He won't get in on the wings either with rashford, sancho, greenwood and sterling getting picked tere

Getting pissed up with McCormack might **** up his career. He's a **** clown

It’s no wonder they call our fan base fickle now is it?

• Like 1

FWIW, we all know that on his day, he's a wonderful player. He has saved our ass more times than I care to remember this season and every player is going to have a dip in form.  However, his style of play sort of demands that players around him defer to him at all times. I genuinely think some of the rumoured issues of dressing room unrest stem from how Jack is the golden boy. 

I've thought it throughout the season: the boy (and I use that term deliberately) is not a captain. Mings steps into that role, but Jack has the armband. I liked the gestures to the ball boys and girls, he sometimes seems like a thoughtful guy, but he doesn't have the awareness of how to lead a team on the field. Yes, a lot of our players are shite but his sulky then cocky attitude does nothing to inspire his colleagues.

I'm afraid that his lack of maturity will be his downfall. Southgate won't pick him for England because he knows this.

• Like 2

Just now, Hobbit Feet said:

Loyalty is a two way street my friend

Its not about loyalty. No one is questioning that. But if your gonna leave us in summer at least try. He has put so little effort in since the restart. 

He just doesn't give a shit. Where is the passion of mellberg? The fight of a lion trying to keep us up.screaming at his teammates for better?? Ive not seen none of that.

A poor captain. Never a captain in a million years

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Its not about loyalty. No one is questioning that. But if your gonna leave us in summer at least try. He has put so little effort in since the restart. 

He just doesn't give a shit. Where is the passion of mellberg? The fight of a lion trying to keep us up.screaming at his teammates for better?? Ive not seen none of that.

A poor captain. Never a captain in a million years

I'm inclined to agree. I think we'd be better off selling him and reinvesting the money into two quality players (assuming we get around 60mil) rather than over-relying and overworking him - it's too much pressure on just one player and he's not handling it. 

Yeah i think wed be better selling him, I wouldn't sell him to Man utd though even if they offer higher, wouldn't want to even give them the chance of being no 1 again inthe premier.

I think we need to start over, start again with a better built team, were done in the premier this season and it hasnt been enjoyable to watch, we have been slaughtered.

I'd removed Jack from captaincy,he does not deserve it, at the moment I'd say that person who deserves is Luiz, wonder how Douglas would do at being captain.

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I'd removed Jack from captaincy,he does not deserve it, at the moment I'd say that person who deserves is Luiz, wonder how Douglas would do at being captain.

Please no. I’ve been a fan of Luiz from day one and had to listen to family and friends telling me until the last four games he has nothing to him and was a waste of money. Don’t paint another target on his back if we do manage to keep him!

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You think he was trying hard? A captain of our football club smiling when we arr 3-0 down?? That's acceptable is it??

He dont care. More interested in his latest haircut or the next lockdown party he is going to attend.

He is a joke as a captain and should be stripped. Never see him oushing the players on trying to motivate them. 

Chester was a much better captain

I think that's a bit of the problem, our stars doing to much social media posts, snaps and showing themselves off to much to the world for getting what's really important (football). It's almost as if being in the premier they think they are it now and dont have to fight to stay. Like some say theres a new haircut every week or some new gimmick to show off like it's all for the cameras and that's all they are fussed about.

Look at Mings last season he was doing none of this stuff on twitter or social media as he is now this season, he cant bloody keep his mouth shut lately and has to be involved in everything or be in the limelight somehow someway.

These stars of ours we seem to have hit the point where they think they are the bollox, like they are some high maintenance wife to keep,they are not and they need to come back to earth and realisethey are the bottom of the barrel in the premier.

Point blank they need to realise to shut up, go out there and play damn football and nothing more.

• Like 1

I think that the reason Jack is playing so bad is because he has realised that his belovid Villa are going down and there is nothing he can do about it ( by himself )

In other words,he has given up and I cant blame him.It was Jack that got us promoted,it was Jack that was the best player in the whole squad.FFS, he is not superman.He has realised that he has done his best and without any other sort of help.Its not enough to keep us up.

This isn't a  "we're better off without him" post before anyone jumps down my neck, and I'll be absolutely gutted when he leaves, but Jack being so far ahead of anything else in the squad - I think creates it's own problems. 

You can see every single player on the pitch looking for Jack as soon as they receive the ball. It's painful to watch and so easy to defend against. 

To be clear again, I'm not blaming Jack for anything, but we need to start being a team instead of a 1 man show.

Â